The Official Super Bowl XLIII Thread

Maybe this will stifle some of the Big Ben critics.

No it wont, they don't respect him, or else he would of got the MVP.

If Brady came back like that and threw the pass to Moss, who do you think would of got the MVP? Brady would of.

Hell if the Cards won the game, do you think Fitzgerald would of got the MVP? No Warner would of.

For some reason people think Ben isn't a good QB, but lets see, fifty one wins in first five years, more than anybody and two Superbowl wins, that alone should make him a respected QB, but it still seems he get disrespected.

No it wont, they don't respect him, or else he would of got the MVP.

If Brady came back like that and threw the pass to Moss, who do you think would of got the MVP? Brady would of.

Hell if the Cards won the game, do you think Fitzgerald would of got the MVP? No Warner would of.

For some reason people think Ben isn't a good QB, but lets see, fifty one wins in first five years, more than anybody and two Superbowl wins, that alone should make him a respected QB, but it still seems he get disrespected.

The Big Ox has my respect. As much as I dislike him, he has a knack for winning big games when it matters.

Controversial? Bruce is a big O* supporter, but didn't get political. He sung and that was it. Who cares about so called "controversy" or their ties outside of music. In the end, music is what it's all about and most of the artists realize that.

The NFL isn't going to take that chance.

Ya, back to football, why wasn't Harrison ejected? You call a personal foul for striking a guy a couple times (meaning you saw it happen..) and don't eject him? A Cardinal swung on a Steeler toward the end of the 2nd half too.

I also agree that the overhead replay showed what looked like a pass and not a fumble on Warner's last play, commentators even started to reel in their confidence, but then the next shot was the Steelers kneeling. It should have at least been reviewed. The ball was contacted by a Steeler in Warner's hand, and calls tend to go for the offense in the NFL, I'm not so sure it would have remained a fumble. The motion of the ball and warner's arm and his outstretched fingers and all that jazz... at the time it sure did look like a pitiful dead duck of a pass.

Quesionable calls both ways, sucks they had to be so prominent. If the Steelers had won there'd be a lot of anti-ref screaming (like Fitzgerald's catch that hit the ground in the end zone... on the play where the Steelers should have been called for PI)

Ya, back to football, why wasn't Harrison ejected? You call a personal foul for striking a guy a couple times (meaning you saw it happen..) and don't eject him?

I'm glad you brought that up. That foul was completely bush-league. There is no room for that kind of behavior in this game. That was completely uncalled for. How he got away with that is mind boggling.

I'm glad you brought that up. That foul was completely bush-league. There is no room for that kind of behavior in this game. That was completely uncalled for. How he got away with that is mind boggling.

They even said that he didn't deserve to get ejected, the penalty was enough, he will probably get fined by the league.

BTW....I agree it was uncalled for, they don't need to do that in the biggest game of the year.

That's the part I don't get. Why not? It was a questionable play before the end of the game. Why not review it to get the call right, either way.

I think in the last two minutes of a half, the officials look at the plays, and if they see something wrong, they will call down and tell the ref to review it.

So when the officials watched the video of it, they saw it was clearly a fumble, I know I probably sound bias, but it looked like a fumble to me.

His wrist was sideways, and his arm wasn't going forward, just my opinion.

I still don't see where Ben's knee touched the ground on that TD, I was yelling at my wife that his knees never touched the ground.

I thought it was a fumble until the overhead replay. I havent seen any replays since and didnt have a chance to rewind and watch it again :(

And I'm sorry, but any swing by a millionaire should result in them being ejected, it is a lack of discipline which was pointed out at the end of the game by Costas or someone, 3 personal fouls on the Steelers in one drive to make the game close... the Steelers lost their poise as the Cardinals hit their stride. I had no loyalties to either team, but seeing this really had me pulling for the Cardinals.

And holy cow, holding penalties should be just 5 yards.

I thought it was a fumble until the overhead replay. I havent seen any replays since and didnt have a chance to rewind and watch it again :(

And I'm sorry, but any swing by a millionaire should result in them being ejected, it is a lack of discipline which was pointed out at the end of the game by Costas or someone, 3 personal fouls on the Steelers in one drive to make the game close... the Steelers lost their poise as the Cardinals hit their stride. I had no loyalties to either team, but seeing this really had me pulling for the Cardinals.

And holy cow, holding penalties should be just 5 yards.

Both teams had too many stupid penalties.

Officiating dictates Super Bowl XLIII to the unreviewed end - Shutdown Corn... - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

The 11 penalties whistled on Arizona included a preposterous roughing the passer penalty on a play that wouldn't have been uncommon in touch football. That came on a drive that saw two personal foul penalties on the Cards, one of which gave the Steelers another chance to score from the goal line. For the evening, 18 penalties were called, the third-most in Super Bowl history. A missed call may have proven enormous also. After Santonio Holmes' game-winning touchdown catch he did an imitation of LeBron James' chalk move. Using the ball as a prop is an automatic 15-yard penalty on the kickoff.

This article is total BS!

What, did this hack writer have some money on the Cardinals?? :rolleyes:

The writer lost all credibility when he wrote the following:

It's especially interesting that the play went without a second look considering the Cardinals correctly challenged two plays during the game (both of which should have been easy calls on the field but were botched by the refs).

Really now!!! It should have been an "easy" call on the field.

EVERYONE I was with thought that Roethlisberger scored a TD. In fact, even the announcers didn't immediately mention that there was even a question.

Did the replay official get it right? We all thought he did. And kudos to Whisenhunt and the Cardinals staff to be heads up on that.

BUT, to call it an "easy" call on the field is total BS.

Obviously this hack writer has an agenda.

Steelers won FAIR and SQUARE..................END of conversation!!!

Ya, as ticky tacky as some of the penalties were (or just wrong) not calling one of the easiest ones of the night (using the ball as a prop) outside of running over the holder was a pretty big miss.

The word"Penetration" used in sports

CFB - National Signing Day (Recruiting)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)