The old Polarotor controller

Status
Please reply by conversation.

electson

Original poster
Dec 20, 2010
Nort West Mexico
Hello, everybody on this excelent forum.,
I'm a old C band installer since the 1980 years, I have some old things, like the Chaparr Polarotor I ( one and two ) with good servo in it, I have some olders analog C Band receivers, that come with the polarotor servo controller built into these receivers, I'm trying to figure the schematic related on these controllers, it used the old and comun 555 timer and one transistor to produce the pulses required to change the vertical and horizontal angles on the polarotor inside the feedhorn, anyone have the right schematic with these simple old metod ?, I built one these controller but I only change the polarities with the skew control put on them ( 10Kohms), Because Actually there are few free digital channels, like some spanish netrwork and station that they actually use digital transmisions
on the "C" band, ( see the Lyngsat Sat-Mex 6 satellite C band )
Any sugestions will be very appresiated, thank You: electson

Hello, Fat Air, thank You for your kindly and fast response, but this morning I buil the polarotor controller that "nelgara" attached the thumbnail with the simple and efective controller, with one LM556 dual timer and few resistor and capacitors and two pots, this worked fine to me with my old polarotor I , from CHAPARR, I'm using my old fiberglass 8 feet dish, with a goog VS Platinum 2000FTA digital receiver, any way your response was very appreciated.
Thank You, Again: electson

alternate solution

Since you have a modern VS Platinum 2000 receiver, maybe it would make more sense to just change out the Chaparral feedhorn and LNB for a current LNBF.
The C2 from SatelliteAV.com or the DMX242 from Galaxy-Marketing.com (both listed at the top of every page) are good choices.
See the hardware review department for more info:
FTA/MPEG2 Equipment Reviews
Also, SatAV has a holiday special that might make it even more attractive:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...iday-specials-satelliteguys-satellite-av.html

Why the dual output instead of single output models?
Well, both brands have been well reviewed, and they give the opportunity to run two or more receivers in the future.

I have to agree with Anole. Why bother with all the hassle of those ancient motor-driven polarotors? Go LNBF -Properly aligned, you'll miss nothing signal-wise, no moving parts to crap out on you, and all modern receivers can do the 13/18v polarity switching. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

national geographic on 91w

Praise for Sadoun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts