The time has arrived, R.I.P Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
List of Missing channels D* didn't offer me in my area including the neighboring local markets!
All included in my base pack.

Locals
  1. WCBS 2 NY
  2. WNBC 4 NY
  3. WABC 7 NY
  4. WWOR 9 NY
  5. TV 13 local (Stroudsburg)
  6. ABC 6 PH
  7. WNET 13 NY
  8. CW WPIX NY
  9. WNEP 16-2
  10. MY HD
  11. CW HD
  12. ION HD
National
  1. G4
  2. Qubo
  3. PBS Digital Learning center
  4. Fox College Sports Atlantic
  5. Fox College Sports Central
  6. Fox College Sports Pacific
  7. Lifetime Real Women
  8. Fox Soccer(Sports Pack not required)
  9. ABC News Now
  10. Halogen
  11. TR3s
  12. VH1 Soul
  13. MTV Jams
  14. 24 Hour Local Weather (Allentown CH 69)
  15. News Zone
  16. Kids Zone
  17. Gol Tv( Sports Pack not required)
Premiums
  1. HBO Comedy
  2. 5 Starmax
  3. Women Max
  4. Action Max
  5. Thriller Max
  6. @Max
  7. Outer Max
Now the HD's

1. ION HD
  2. QVC HD
  3. CSN Philly HD
  4. Outdoor HD
  5. NFL Red Zone HD(Included in Digital HD+ Pack)
  6. Fox Soccer Plus (Fulltime HD channel)
  7. Lifetime Movie HD
  8. E! HD
  9. History International HD
  10. Game Show Network HD
  11. Tru TV HD
  12. AMC HD
  13. IFC HD
  14. WE HD
  15. Fuse HD
.:popcorn:)
Bold was just added!

rey_1178 said:
Directv's HD lineup has fallen behind a few other providers but here where i am cable isn't an option. comcast's HD lineup and prices are disgusting. Already did the Dish thing for 10 years so I have the best i can get here. If I had hemi's or steves options and they were better than D* both in prices and HD lineup then I would've done the same as they did. At the end its just tv and i have zero emotional attachment to all this stuff. I'm not thrilled about the fact that Directv hasn't added many HD channels (non ppv or premiums or rsn's) since 2007 or whenever but its the best option i got which also means i'm getting the most for my money. I would love for D* to add more National non premium HD channels this year but if they don't i'm not going anywhere either.

I agree, if Comcast had better service and cheaper than what it is now I would have their service but they suck, if I had a different choice for internet I would drop Comcast.

Good news for us then you have no business left for this forum then so good news your leaving let's all have a big party to celebrate hemi leaving and giving this peace.

Good news for us then you have no business left for this forum then so good news your leaving let's all have a big party to celebrate hemi leaving and giving this peace.

I don't always agree with Hemi, but I always respect him and his right to say what he wants. Clearly you aren't respectful. Shame on you!

No dont respect him others and just about everyone else on here I do like you and Rey and scott just to name a few hemi I really dont.

Yep, and they work a hell of a lot better then any R or HR I've ever leased or owned!
What HR box did you have Hemi? I have the HR-24 and it's a lot better than the SA 8300 I had with cable last year. Granted the HR-24 is not as fast as the 8300 but not as slow as the earlier HRs. The UI is so much better, for me, than the 8300 I had. Hopefully Cisco will/have rewrite the UI on these things. The UI really needs to be brought out of the 1980s to todays UI "standards".

What HR box did you have Hemi? I have the HR-24 and it's a lot better than the SA 8300 I had with cable last year. Granted the HR-24 is not as fast as the 8300 but not as slow as the earlier HRs. The UI is so much better, for me, than the 8300 I had. Hopefully Cisco will/have rewrite the UI on these things. The UI really needs to be brought out of the 1980s to todays UI "standards".
HR23,HR20,R15 and R16 are the only DVRs I've leased or owned.

Well good news for me.

Blue Ridge Cable just Launched today.
AMC HD
Fuse HD
IFC HD
WE HD

Is that a Mini Festivus, or a Large one?

It is only good news if you ever plan on wacthing any of those channels. But if your happy to count them among your HD list of channels, I am happy for you. Personally I could give a damn about numbers. Don't watch probably 90% of the HD channels we already have. I continue to have no understanding of any of the comparisons. None of it matters because we all know that whatever works best for each individual is the best provider for that individual. My neighbor doesn't have the same wants or needs as I do so he has Time Warner. Now, of course Time Warner SUCKS! But apparently it doesn't SUCK for him or he would have D* just like I do and he would have made a great decision:D Of course he doesn't watch sports (I know) so D* really doesn't make much sense for him. I don't use PPV or the Movie Channels so ....blah, blah, blah.

Point is, this is in fact the D* thread so really guys, lets discuss D* or at least Scott's plumbing problems. I mean Fuse HD...come on...(not judging)

None of it matters because we all know that whatever works best for each individual is the best provider for that individual. My neighbor doesn't have the same wants or needs as I do so he has Time Warner. Now, of course Time Warner SUCKS! But apparently it doesn't SUCK for him or he would have D* just like I do and he would have made a great decision:D Of course he doesn't watch sports (I know) so D* really doesn't make much sense for him. I don't use PPV or the Movie Channels so ....blah, blah, blah.

Its sometimes not so much that the cablecos suck; but you are basically forced into a cable company due to pricing and bundling. In my case, Time Warner is my only choice for high speed internet; so if I am gonna go stand alone on internet with Time Warner for internet; then the video supplier (Directv or Dish), better have an amazing package of channels that I want and/or outstanding equipment; otherwise you are forced to a certain supplier for a price point.

I have Directv for video and Cox for internet. I'd get a much better price if I had Cox cable, too, but their equipment is sketchy at best. It costs me more with the setup I have, but it's worth it to me.

HR23,HR20,R15 and R16 are the only DVRs I've leased or owned.

I have the HR-23 and HR-24. The HR-24 is a lot faster than the HR-23. The HR-23 drives me nuts being so slow after using the HR-24. So I understand how the 8300 seems lightning fast to you. The HR-24 still lags a little but it's a lot closer to the 8300 than the HR-23.

I have the HR-23 and HR-24. The HR-24 is a lot faster than the HR-23. The HR-23 drives me nuts being so slow after using the HR-24. So I understand how the 8300 seems lightning fast to you. The HR-24 still lags a little but it's a lot closer to the 8300 than the HR-23.
HR21 was the worse for me.

I have Directv for video and Cox for internet. I'd get a much better price if I had Cox cable, too, but their equipment is sketchy at best. It costs me more with the setup I have, but it's worth it to me.

I will probably either join you in a similar setup or go out and get my own tivo if I stay with a Time Warner bundle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)