The Voom Replacement Channels are...

That sucks. Has this been confirmed Remy or is it what others think? Since these channels will be sdv what about the tuning adaptor?

I can confirm that they are SDV on my system, I got them this morning. Wilt Hildenbrand, a top CV official, said last week on the Yahoo Group that the tuning adapter will be available "very soon." I had thought that they might announce it in the release announcing the new channels, but they didn't.

I hope it is soon and that it works well. TIVO is far more superior than the Cablevision DVR. Maybe since it is taking a while it will work perfectly. One can only hope.

I think this is just terrible. I was a hardcore avid viewer of MOJO and monsters HD. 701 and 777. I have signed up to this forum just so I can start in on these conversations and you guys look like you know what your talkin about hah. I read through it and saw there is another network that offers 24 hd channels similar to voom. Is there any website I can go to to get a list of domestic (north american) HD programminng regardless of what service it is on? even if it is broken down by service I am curious to see what else is out there and give myself some hope that channels like these will come back someday!

In the four days since they added the premium hd channels, I have watched and DVR'ed more movies then I did in months with the Voom channels.

The picture quaility is a lot better as well :)

These are the best HD addition we have received in a long time.

I have a TIVO HD and used to get all the Voom channels, even thought I thought I should not have due to SDV. I now get none of the new HD channels that replaced Voom. A cablevision tech tried to fix it from his end, but could not. TIVO says its the cablecard. Cablevision is coming tomorrow. If its a TIVO problem they will charge me for a service call. If its the cablecard they won't. Any one else have this problem? I'm in Nassau county, Cablevision of Woodbury.

babybull,

Make sure the new channel additions say cablecard or digital cable box needed to receive the channels. If it only is digital cable box needed, then the channels are SDV and until Cablevision moves their ass and deploys the SDV adapter, you won't be getting the channels. If the announcement is on channel 14, check the small print for what is needed. Also call customer service and ask them, better safe than sorry and stuck with a service call charge and no channels still.

I have a TIVO HD and used to get all the Voom channels, even thought I thought I should not have due to SDV. I now get none of the new HD channels that replaced Voom. A cablevision tech tried to fix it from his end, but could not. TIVO says its the cablecard. Cablevision is coming tomorrow. If its a TIVO problem they will charge me for a service call. If its the cablecard they won't. Any one else have this problem? I'm in Nassau county, Cablevision of Woodbury.

The new channels are SDV on the Woodbury system, even though the Voom channels weren't. The service call is a waste of time.

RexxV,
You were correct. Even though I asked every Cablevision rep I spoke to about SDV, they all said those channels were not SDV. After the tech was here 2 hours with no success, I asked about SDV again, and after checking with his supervisor, he confirmed it was so. He also said some day they won't be SDV, but he didn't know when. It wasn't a total loss though, he did replace my S cards with an M card, so I will now save the $2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts