The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The American Red Cross weighs in with an answer as to why their testimonial appears on keeptheweatherchannel.com when I questioned why a non profit would involve themselves in a business disagreement...
"The American Red Cross has not taken a position on this issue. The quote you referenced is from a year ago and references the general partnership between the Red Cross and The Weather Channel, not this current matter."

Time for Direct to circle the wagons! YIKES!

"The spokesman added that DirecTV had lost only 20 subscribers since the blackout."

Gee, I'd have thought more than 20 Weather Channel employees subscribed to DirecTV.

:p

Didn't even realize that this dispute was taking place till reading it here. That shows you how much we watch TWC anymore. Haven't watched it in years ever since they stopped doing actual weather lol. The few times i tuned in wanting weather info there was always programming on such as storm stories or whatever it was called. Good riddance to the TWC. Just checked out weather nation and it has the feel of what the weather channel once was! Great move on DTV's part :)

Just now I changed channels to the weather channel on Dish to check our the High Wind Warning 50 to 60 mph they are talking about here in Omaha.

GUESS WHAT- they are showing some show call Coast Guard Alaska, and NOT THE WEATHER. So I tuned to my local weather now channel on my local digital sub channel 6.2, that has real time weather 24x7 to find out.

They really need to change the name of the Weather channel as they do not show the weather. Maybe call it Weather in History Channel.

Just now I changed channels to the weather channel on Dish to check our the High Wind Warning 50 to 60 mph they are talking about here in Omaha.

GUESS WHAT- they are showing some show call Coast Guard Alaska, and NOT THE WEATHER. So I tuned to my local weather now channel on my local digital sub channel 6.2, that has real time weather 24x7 to find out.

They really need to change the name of the Weather channel as they do not show the weather. Maybe call it Weather in History Channel.

That's alright, if you take a look at the weather channel's Facebook page you will find a post on..... wait for it..... Starbucks! That's right they are doing promos for starbucks now! Do these guys just not get it. This is exactly why they were dropped.

Starbucks is where you buy coffee, but it could it be more in the future? Story: http://ow.ly/sCUPP

Okay, I'll be the one to stick up for the Weather Channel...

haha. just kidding.

I gave up watching them a long time ago when we would have storms here in Denver and they were running some show instead. WeatherNation is being carried on our local 9-2, but glad to have it in HD on Directv and have watched it more in the last few weeks than the WeatherChannel in last 5 years...

I remember staying with my parents in Loomis, NE a couple years ago, and there were several watches and warnings in Central Nebraska. I think they still had Charter then (I later referred them to D*) and they were running reality shows on a Saturday night. I was on my cellphone checking the forecast!

I found the ad running on the TWC app funny... According to the ad "negations" with DirecTV are over.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140116_024638.png
    ForumRunner_20140116_024638.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 191
Is the weather channel going to pay everyone's early termination fees or does it expect directv to waive them? Neither is going to happen and I'm glad negotiations are over. Unless the weather channel decides to take a price cut, gives us another channel with only weather or cuts down on reality shows I don't want it back.

Is the weather channel going to pay everyone's early termination fees or does it expect directv to waive them? Neither is going to happen and I'm glad negotiations are over. Unless the weather channel decides to take a price cut, gives us another channel with only weather or cuts down on reality shows I don't want it back.

IF your gonna change providers over the Weather Channel, you were gonna change regardless ....
So, no, no one is gonna pay your ETF.

You're putting the cost of a measly ETF over the safety of your family and yourself ? :p

While I would have preferred DirecTV and The Weather Channel could come to terms, it's really not a big deal, for me.

I don't believe the chaffe coming from The Weather Channel that they have given up on negotiations. Does TWC really want 22 Million fewer eyeballs, which will cause them to lose more ad revenue than the any increase in fees they will get in return.

This stand-off will likely end by the end of January.

John

While I would have preferred DirecTV and The Weather Channel could come to terms, it's really not a big deal, for me.

I don't believe the chaffe coming from The Weather Channel that they have given up on negotiations. Does TWC really want 22 Million fewer eyeballs, which will cause them to lose more ad revenue than the any increase in fees they will get in return.

This stand-off will likely end by the end of January.

John

Exactly

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Congrats to Directv for shedding that dog with fleas.
I am SO sad today that we lost TWC. I was looking forward to the Communistcast fed left wing "climate change" propaganda, the endless commercials, updates on Winter Storm "Jim Bob," and when programming finally returns, an episode of "Storm Stories."

...NOT

But on a more serious note, when is D* going to kick ESPN's rear about their costs which are really the key drivers of our bills? TWC's issue is peanuts compared to the ESPN extortion each month. ESPN has the crappy NBA and, what 1 NFL game a week? I don't watch the channels at all except for college football. It's horrendous. Oh, but Keith Olbermannnnn is on there now.. Gee. Wow.

...NOT

I watch my regional RSN and NBCSN much more than the East coast Sports Programming Network.
BRING ON "A LA CARTE!"

Last edited:
I am SO sad today that we lost TWC. I was looking forward to the Communistcast fed left wing "climate change" propaganda, the endless commercials, updates on Winter Storm "Jim Bob," and when programming finally returns, an episode of "Storm Stories."

...NOT

But on a more serious note, when is D* going to kick ESPN's rear about their costs which are really the key drivers of our bills? TWC's issue is peanuts compared to the ESPN extortion each month. ESPN has the crappy NBA and, what 1 NFL game a week? I don't watch the channels at all except for college football. It's horrendous. Oh, but Keith Olbermannnnn is on there now.. Gee. Wow.

...NOT

I watch my regional RSN and NBCSN much more than the East coast Sports Programming Network.
BRING ON "A LA CARTE!"

Fleas come back lol. The Weather Channel will definitely be back. No doubt about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)