The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That would interest a small portion of the country, maybe it would be a regional channel ... Much like the Longhorn Network.

What is on it ?

Hmmm, Looks like the channel is on in the cities I'll be in, in Texas next month, I'll have to check it out.
Brownsville, McAllen, Harlingen, Port Isabel (not available in PI or SPI, but will be going there as well).

Where in Texas are you ?

It's regional for Texas and I doubt DirecTV would be allowed to authorize it for anyone outside of Texas if they were able to carry it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TXCN

http://www.txcn.com

I'm in the Dallas TV market (number 5 market in the US http://www.tvb.org/media/file/TVB_Market_Profiles_Nielsen_TVHH_DMA_Ranks_2013-2014.pdf)

I swear TWC hypes every weather reporting, at a friends house as he has cable, they were watching TWC and were forecasting the Chicago area like a major storm was coming, then that day comes and small flurries, talk about life threatening :)

They've taken drama lessons from the experts on ch 360.

The Weather Channel has no regional channel on satellite like they do on cable. If they did then I don't think TWC would have been dropped from Directv. They could have something like Primestar used to have covering a quarter of the United States on each channel going state to state. That would probably suffice. Northeast, Southeast, Soutwest, Northwest and perhaps a Midwest North and South as well. Might not be worth it to them though. Be easier to just do weather 24/7 on a separate network.

Funny story at work today. One women I was talking today too said her red button wouldn't work on the Weather Channel today and I told her it wasn't the Weather Channel anymore but Weather Nation. She was surprised to find out it was a different channel and hadn't noticed the difference. Goes to show how much of a difference the channel makes. Soon as Directv gets the red button weather back up I bet it cuts down on some complaints.

If I had to pick a channel to drop, TWC would certainly be in my top ten. Not only do I seldom watch it but it is annoying just passing it in the guide.

If I had to pick a channel to drop, TWC would certainly be in my top ten. Not only do I seldom watch it but it is annoying just passing it in the guide.

Hey skottey nice seeing you. It's been awhile since I last saw one of your posts.

Hey skottey nice seeing you. It's been awhile since I last saw one of your posts.

Yeah, I haven't been coming around much in the last couple years. Now I am living in Colorado with no FIOS and back to DirecTV. DirecTV is coming a long way as far as HD goes. Thanks for the welcome back.

Yeah, I haven't been coming around much in the last couple years. Now I am living in Colorado with no FIOS and back to DirecTV. DirecTV is coming a long way as far as HD goes. Thanks for the welcome back.

You should update your sig about Directv with less HD premiums :)

I watched a bit of TWC today, as we are having a bit of snow. Yes, I'm on Dish.

They had this pathetic bit with a little kid talking about wanting to grow up to be a weatherman and how TWC was so important to him. And some woman claiming it saved her life by warning of a tornado so she got her kids and they went into some mobile home that had a bunch of mattresses and the trailer got airborne but the mattresses saved them. Right. A mobile home is the FIRST (NOT!) place I'd run to in a tornado. And just how did she get in it? Anyway, they then had some girls/young women talk about how important it was to them and then went on about how much it's a matter of safety. Scare mongering.

IOW, they're REALLY coming across as desperate! Really pathetic and they're just telling everyone how scared they are.

I'll admit, when there's a hurricane a'comin, they're who I put on. But they sure don't cover everyday weather. And after DirecTV and maybe 1 or 2 others drop them, I suspect they won't have so many people in the field, either.

They're an easy lamb to sacrifice. Make the stand!

I hate the banner on the bottom if their smartphone app asking people to support them and tell directv they want the weather channel back.

I hate the banner on the bottom if their smartphone app asking people to support them and tell directv they want the weather channel back.

Same here. I quit using TWC app and now use the Accuweather app. A couple of weeks ago we were have a blizzard where I live and I flipped to TWC, instead of talking about the storm they were having a marathon with the Coast Guard reality show. I was fed up and I am happy Directv dumped their ass.

They only focus on certain areas of the country. If you're not in those areas forget it.

image-3690235389.jpg

image-3561806168.jpg

Winter Storm Anus LOOK OUT :)

But seriously though Northeast part of country has really been hit hard with winter storms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.