The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Didn't they use to have Weather , your locals somewhat, on the Active channel ?
Not anymore only on the WN channel itself via the red button, Local radar coming soon from WN

Was that tied to TWC ?
Yes it was that's why it's removed

Or has it been gone alot longer ?
Since TWC was removed, before then it was still there

Problem I had with the Active channel is it took way too long to load. Not anymore since the recent updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

i don't want to be "that guy", but TWC actually served a purpose at one time. When broadband internet became widespread in the US about 10 or so years ago, it was the beginning of the end. i have no reason for the channel. i can check the weather quicker on my phone or tablet from multiple sources, whenever i want. back in the 90s/early 2000s i enjoyed watching the weather channel because i've always enjoyed watching stuff related to weather, but i don't have the time nor desire to watch any of the stuff TWC shows now.

I think most people commenting acknowledge that TWC used to be good. I've heard of people who would leave the TV on the channel almost like a screensaver.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I wanna see them add cooking into the mix. "How to adjust your recipe when a tornado is coming."

I don't get it. You guys no longer have the channel but you still make a 95 page thread on a channel u dislike. For pete sake move on already. TWC channel is not part of and will never be part of DTV's line up again.

I don't get it. You guys no longer have the channel but you still make a 95 page thread on a channel u dislike. For pete sake move on already. TWC channel is not part of and will never be part of DTV's line up again.

I personally like to track the fall of the Weather Channel. How it is trying to reinvent itself and to see what happens when other carriers contract with the weather channel ends. I think the weather channel has seen its better days.

I personally like to track the fall of the Weather Channel. How it is trying to reinvent itself and to see what happens when other carriers contract with the weather channel ends. I think the weather channel has seen its better days.

I agree... I have a feeling they are trying to really push the public response to DirecTV before another major contract with another provider comes up... if WeatherNation takes off and even has 1/4 the reportable numbers that TWC had on DirecTV, they lose major negotiating ground and will actually have to drop their rates.

I'm actually happy that D* made this move -- this is one of the first major stands a provider has made to a channel in a very long time (I think G4 was the last one and absolutely noone seemed to care)

The problem is that the TV networks are like ticks... once they get on, they burrow their way in and no one can easily get rid of them -- even they raise their rates higher and higher. If everyone here remembers, E* had a spat with TWC a few years back -- either TWC gave in back then, or E* did... something tells me the next time renewal comes around, E* (and other providers) won't cave so easy -- especially if D* sticks to their guns.

N

something tells me the next time renewal comes around, E* (and other providers) won't cave so easy -- especially if D* sticks to their guns.

That's the reason for the propaganda blitz. Can't have other providers getting all uppity and thinking they too can dump them!

Isn't their blitz having the opposite effect though ? They're telling all of the other providers that someone stood up to them and is surviving with no mass exodus of viewers.

So I guess Daytona is not worthy of a Weather Channel break in for tornado coverage. But they can spend hours talking about a dusting of snow.

The Weather Channel is based in Atlanta and we all know the southern folks think snow is worst weather disaster that can befall a city or town. Any amount of snow is forecast and a southern city is closed for 3 days. A disastrous supercell is on the way and everybody goes about normal activity. 2 inches of snow never destroyed homes and property. SuperCells now that is a different story.

John

I think with me Elmwood, it was fun watching this unfold and realizing so so many people agreed with my views. I expected more to be on TWC's side. They tried some pretty crazy things trying to push Direct, and it turns out TWC had already pushed away it's core audience. So I get it, TWC took something most weather geeks loved and turned it into a mess. As a I said before, author Bill Carter could make this into an interesting book, the rise and fall of The Weather Channel...

Been doing a few installs for Dish cause of some people losing the weather channel. I explain how worthless it is but they don't care, just amazes me how stupid people are when it comes to a channel that has nothing now.

Don't even get me started on the lame storm names they are coming up with for any low pressure that slides across the US. lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts