They [the bar] let me have it...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
the LNB/feedhorn that is. I will be posting pictures soon. As it stands now, it looks as if I have a Chaparral dual feedhorn (2 ports). I'll identify the feedhorn shortly.

California Amp Mini-Mag LNB Part # 140011
25 K noise factor

Also, an Echostar LNB-EA035 with a noise temp of 35 K.

I'll be shooting photos soon and googling this info. Talk in a bit!

P.S. Got these all for free....be back shortly.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the LNB they let me snag. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• 140011-25.jpg
    140011-25.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 218
Here is the photo of the feedhorn. I may have to replace it as the plastic cap (blue cap) is rotting away. (cheap plastic)

Open to opinions on these items I aquired. By the way, what's with the 2nd LNB on there? The Echostar one? Is it a Ku setup, or just an extra c-band lnb? Maybe the 2nd one is for the other polarity? Who knows.

Attachments

• chaparral_feedhorn.jpg
    chaparral_feedhorn.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 261
oh there are no wasp nests. All of that is under control. I would've spotted it once I got near it.

So...basically I have a H/V (horizontal/vertical) setup going here? That would be sweet.

techno935 said:
Here is the photo of the feedhorn. I may have to replace it as the plastic cap (blue cap) is rotting away. (cheap plastic)

Open to opinions on these items I aquired. By the way, what's with the 2nd LNB on there? The Echostar one? Is it a Ku setup, or just an extra c-band lnb? Maybe the 2nd one is for the other polarity? Who knows.

Looks like a Chaparral dual feed. Both LNBs are C band. You're correct, 1 for vertical, 1 for horizontal.

Sounds nice....getting close to C-band land. That actually saves me money if this LNB actually works. I'm sure it's mountable on just about any C-band dish.

I love how all the bar employees and drunk asses we're all boggled in their head as to why I wanted their LNB so bad. Hobbies help keep people off drugs, that's my new PSA for the day.

Last edited:
One other thing, how would I know if it was mounted upside down or not? Do I have to take note on any of that??

Based on my picture, where is the "top" portion of the LNB/feedhorn assembly?

Heh, I just went thru the clocking thing yesterday... rewired... my old 4200 unidens do not have s-vhs etc... I hooked my C-band up in the ht room... VCII shows sig and lock but I'm still getting a "scrambeld"pq... a doh moment I had my video in on the comp output ;) I re clocked the lnb etc until the light hit... ( had been up for 22+hrs then lol) just guess at it ... if you are wrong and skew will not correct re-clock...

techno935 said:
One other thing, how would I know if it was mounted upside down or not? Do I have to take note on any of that??

Based on my picture, where is the "top" portion of the LNB/feedhorn assembly?

I just look inside at the waveguides, which are 90 degrees to each other. Doesn't matter which one is vertical or horizontal, just start off with a close approximation to the proper skew angle, then rotate it to peak signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts