Things Dish Can Improve On (Customer Service)

in the past week i had a problem with E* 508 receiver which is turned off every night and had 309 software installed. it kept acquiring signal mode.when i did system info it showed red in the 119 sat. and green in the 110 sat. i ran a test switch check and it couldnt locate 119 sat. i did soft reboot and nothing changed so i called dish. Csr had me run through all of the stuff i had previously done above and finally said he would send a tech out with a replacement 508.the tech was scheduled from 8-12 called at 9 with excuses saying he wouldnt get there till noon.he showed up at 1205. he said he didnt have a replacement 508 because his company didnt stock them and that i would have to get empty box from E* and swap it out.so i told him about the problem and we turned unit on first time that day and it started the acquiring signal box and error box just like before. he took remote and did a check switch test and the damn thing recognized both satelites and has been working fine ever since.while conversing he said i should get a 625 so i could pause and record live tv.

bronzey214 said:
Hi everyone, I'm new here, but I'm a Technical Rep for EchoStar/Dish Network. I decided to make this so I can see what we, as a company, can do better, so I personally can become a better rep, so tell me some things that strike you as weird or anything and I'll tell you (most likely) why he/she did that.

Take a look at this thread I started in January: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=52085

Nah, I just didn't know it was against the EchoStar communication policy, but feel free to PM me with tech questions or anything like that and I will do the best I can... off-duty, haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)