Thinking about coming back to Dish

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I have just finished my two year contract with direct and now I am considering a return. A few questions and check my math.
1) I can now come back after two year and use the friend referral code and and get the Ipad promo correct?

2) Assuming (1) is true, I am wanting to do this in the next to weeks to get in on the Free HD for Life. Am I correct in that the IPad offer swaps from the 2 to the mini at the same time hd for life goes away.

3 I want 2 hoppers and a joey. Am I correct in that what is recorded on either will be in one master list.

4) What will the second hopper cost me. One hopper and the two joeys are free but I am guessing they will be an up charge to swap a joey for an additional hopper. Please tell me its not another $199

I think My bill would be at new Prices:

69.99 Top 200
14.00 Showtime
24.00 Two Hoppers
07.00 Joey
07.00 Protection Plan
121.99 Total

My Direct bill is only $1 diferent so I am looking at it like I get a little better equipment and a free Ipad If what I am thinking is correct.

Have you called directv retention? They usually will give big discounts just for asking. I know when I was with them one call would get me $20/mo discount for a year or so. Left them for the Hopper over a year ago. Still am not sure if that was the right move. Had an hr34 and three hr24's. All for free.

You really should contact DIRT regarding pricing.

Shows on each hopper are listed separately, accessed via drop down menu. No master list of both combined.

The iPad? Again, a question for Dirt as to whether, as a returning customer, you would be eligible.

I have just finished my two year contract with direct and now I am considering a return. A few questions and check my math. 1) I can now come back after two year and use the friend referral code and and get the Ipad promo correct? 2) Assuming (1) is true, I am wanting to do this in the next to weeks to get in on the Free HD for Life. Am I correct in that the IPad offer swaps from the 2 to the mini at the same time hd for life goes away. 3 I want 2 hoppers and a joey. Am I correct in that what is recorded on either will be in one master list. 4) What will the second hopper cost me. One hopper and the two joeys are free but I am guessing they will be an up charge to swap a joey for an additional hopper. Please tell me its not another $199 I think My bill would be at new Prices: 69.99 Top 200 14.00 Showtime 24.00 Two Hoppers 07.00 Joey 07.00 Protection Plan 121.99 Total My Direct bill is only $1 diferent so I am looking at it like I get a little better equipment and a free Ipad If what I am thinking is correct.

if your coming over to dish for equipment dish
Has a huge advantage.
But if your into sports you losing allot.
Worth a call to see what promos you would get from dish.
I would also see if Direc would give you great deals to stay.
The highest bidder wins.

I have just finished my two year contract with direct and now I am considering a return. A few questions and check my math.
1) I can now come back after two year and use the friend referral code and and get the Ipad promo correct?
As long as you qualify you should be able to sign up using any of the new customer promotions. If you want the ipad you will not get the discounted programming price. As a former customer you may not qualify for the referral program.

2) Assuming (1) is true, I am wanting to do this in the next to weeks to get in on the Free HD for Life. Am I correct in that the IPad offer swaps from the 2 to the mini at the same time hd for life goes away.
That sounds correct

3 I want 2 hoppers and a joey. Am I correct in that what is recorded on either will be in one master list.
You will be able to see recordings on both Hoppers but you will not see one unified list of all recordings

4) What will the second hopper cost me. One hopper and the two joeys are free but I am guessing they will be an up charge to swap a joey for an additional hopper. Please tell me its not another $199
A second Hopper with Sling is $199 and a regular Hopper is $99.

I think My bill would be at new Prices:

69.99 Top 200
14.00 Showtime
24.00 Two Hoppers
07.00 Joey
07.00 Protection Plan
121.99 Total

My Direct bill is only $1 different so I am looking at it like I get a little better equipment and a free Ipad If what I am thinking is correct.

The pricing looks right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)