Thinking about signing up for DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Folks like I said before, this IS the best deal online for NEW DirecTV service.

Thank you Bob for making this special offer available to our members.

Folks like I said before, this IS the best deal online for NEW DirecTV service.

Thank you Bob for making this special offer available to our members.

With due respect, it seems the Qwest/Verizon/Bell South promotions are currently the best deals for signing up new DirecTV service for those who qualify.

This is a good deal and we understand you make a profit on each signup but your blanket statement (issued as if a fact) isn't necessarily true.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but signing up through PlasmaConcepts means:
a) You don't get whatever free promo item (portable dvd player) DTV offers.
b) You must pay the shipping fee for the leased equipment - which is free when signing up through DTV.

It's only fair to compare apples to apples.

I signed up for the Directv deal with Bob at Plasma Concepts. I called Directv directly several times, and they would not give me a better deal.

Bob was very willing to answer all the questions I had.

And since he is now a SatGuys Gold Sponsor, I am happy to do business with him.

I signed up with Dan @ Plasma Concepts and the only thing that differed was the s&h charges. I will gladly take the 10% my bill per mo and still come out much better than had I gone through D* directly. Like another poster mentioned, I was also happy to sign up through Plasma Concepts with them being a Gold Sponsor and all. :up

Now only if my installation goes as smooth as the order...:D

I signed up with Dan @ Plasma Concepts and the only thing that differed was the s&h charges. I will gladly take the 10% my bill per mo and still come out much better than had I gone through D* directly. Like another poster mentioned, I was also happy to sign up through Plasma Concepts with them being a Gold Sponsor and all. :up

Now only if my installation goes as smooth as the order...:D

Thank you for being patient on the phone with me. It was my first Satellite Guys deal sign up. :)

I look forward to hearing about the install. Hope you enjoy the free portable DVD player as well!

-Dan Aab
Plasma Concepts

Thank you for being patient on the phone with me. It was my first Satellite Guys deal sign up. :)

I look forward to hearing about the install. Hope you enjoy the free portable DVD player as well!

-Dan Aab
Plasma Concepts

I forgot to mention, I am getting the portable DVD player as well!

All,
You are eligible for the free gift from us, however, we do charge $19.95 for delivery and handling. However, that charge is minimal to the overall savings that we offer. I have put together a chart to better illustrate things at:

DIRECTV DEAL

Please let me know if anyone has any questions, we will be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks,
Bob Doseck
Plasma Concepts

I am happy to hear from SatelliteGuys members who are signing up for this deal!

A number of you have PMed me before signing up and I encouraged you to call around then call Plasma Concepts. I am proud that we are able to offer the best deal on DirecTV service anywhere.

Not only are you getting the best deal anywhere on New DirecTV service, but your also helping to keep us alive here at SatelliteGuys!

Thats for supporting those who support us! :)

Well it doesn't help me, I already have D*.:(

Do what others have done, call D*, when the computer ask what you want say cancel service, which gets you to the customer retention department. If you're looking for a free or greatly reduced price for new hardware, like the HR20 just say you're wanting to get a new HD DVR, which your local cable company doesn't chagre $299 for and can they make you a deal. Most folks get something from $199 down to $19.95 or free, a lot depends on the rep you get, your account status, and it you're nice on the phone.

Do what others have done, call D*, when the computer ask what you want say cancel service, which gets you to the customer retention department. If you're looking for a free or greatly reduced price for new hardware, like the HR20 just say you're wanting to get a new HD DVR, which your local cable company doesn't chagre $299 for and can they make you a deal. Most folks get something from $199 down to $19.95 or free, a lot depends on the rep you get, your account status, and it you're nice on the phone.

thanks for the tip. i'm going to try this route & get the nfl sunday package deal.

Update: Had my install today. Appointment was scheduled between 8am and 12pm...received a call a little after 10 to tell me he was on his way. Since I had Comcast Cable before (RG59), he ran new lines of RG6 for each receiver. This required drops that he made up in the attic, and he didn't charge anything additional. Took about 3 hours for everything including an overview of how to work the remotes/dvr, etc.

The installer was a professional and did a great job. I honestly couldn't be happier. My wife and I both noticed a big difference in quality on the SD channels...DirecTV looks a LOT better than Comcast ever did. Overall, I'm very happy with my selection, and can't wait until the NFL season begins...knowing that I'll have access to every game.

On a lighter note: when I called up Comcast today to cancel my cable (I also have internet through them), the CSR wanted to deal. I told her I'd already made my choice and needed my cable turned off. She then proceeded to tell me that my internet would go up $10+ per month, but if I kept the "Basic Cable" package, my bill would actually be less than paying for just internet alone. Anyway, I did that and then about died laughing when she mentioned that, "It'd be great to have cable as a back up anyway...that way when the clouds roll in and your dish goes out you can still watch TV." :D

"It'd be great to have cable as a back up anyway...that way when the clouds roll in and your dish goes out you can still watch TV." :D

Hilarious, everyone knows that stupid basic cable package is a waste of money. It's the same channels you get with an antenna for free and storms don't effect those either.

On a lighter note: when I called up Comcast today to cancel my cable (I also have internet through them), the CSR wanted to deal. I told her I'd already made my choice and needed my cable turned off. She then proceeded to tell me that my internet would go up $10+ per month, but if I kept the "Basic Cable" package, my bill would actually be less than paying for just internet alone. Anyway, I did that and then about died laughing when she mentioned that, "It'd be great to have cable as a back up anyway...that way when the clouds roll in and your dish goes out you can still watch TV." :D

I have the same thing, basic cable on one tv to keep my internet at $45. Don't laugh, my D* went out a couple times during a storm, used the cable to track the storm, after 15 minutes D* came back on.

Jeff,
Glad that you are happy with the install and are pleased with DIRECTV. Don't forget that you can get an additional 5% for each referral you do (limit of 8) within the first 6 months. :)

Bob
Plasma Concepts

I never said this offer was from DirecTV. I did say that this is the best deal online for new DirecTV service (and it is... shop and compare)

Give them a call. :)
I have four (4) HDTVs and would need three of them connected if I were to go with D*: two HD DVRs and one HD receiver. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like D* or Plasma Concepts will be able to provide the receivers and D* will need to prove they are serious about being the HD Leader (quality and quantity) when they launch the new HD lineup.

James,
Sorry we could not help you out. The business model in place at DIRECTV currently is not very favorable for people that need 2 HD DVRs and 1 HD receiver right away, such as you do. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Bob
Plasma Concepts

If you were a new E* customer wouldn't they also have problems getting that many HD DVR's or STB for free or greatly reduced price?

Can you clarify "base package price" for me?

Does that mean if it doesn't count things like the $9.99/mo HD Access fee or the $12/mo premium channel (like HBO) into the amount you're taking 10% from?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts