Thinking of getting Dish - Configuration Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Janel7710

Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Hello All:
Sorry if this question has been asked before. We are planning to ditch digital cable for DN very soon. We plan to get the vip622 for our 1 HDTV, and to have that same receiver shared with the Master Bedroom. Additionally, we plan to get the standard 322 for 2 other rooms. My question is if I wanted to add a 3rd room onto the 322, how do I do that. I know that it can be done but that the room would not have independent viewing. This is ok with me, I just want to know how to get some reception in there. Is all I need a UHF Remote antenna for the extra room and use the same UHF remote, or is there more to it?

Looking forward to the feedback!

it's a simple thing you can use your old cable to push signal from the receiver to any room in the house. Just use a spliter and get another UHF remote.

it's a simple thing you can use your old cable to push signal from the receiver to any room in the house. Just use a spliter and get another UHF remote.

Where would the splitter go? There is already cable going into said room, I guess I'm confused on where the splitter goes. This particular situation the 2nd room and the 3rd room share a wall. The receiver will be in the basement. If I just use the existing cable and get an additional remote and UHF antenna, then I guess this would be pretty simple. I'm just new at DIsh, coming from the Tivo clan...

You use the RF output on the 322 and can send it to any TV in the house as long as the TV tunes to the output channel of the 322. The splitter is placed where it is most convenient. If that third TV is the only one remotely driven by the 322 no need for a splitter. AS you add TV's to the RF output you add a splitter for each one after the first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)