Thinking of getting Dish Network....

L

lee78221

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 6, 2005
I thought I would never say this..., But I'm thinking of getting Dish.

Why? Because I'm trying to lower my Bills. So right now all I'm looking for is a HD source.

I wish I would go with DirecTV, but they don't have an HD only Pak.

So I'm looking into if Dish does.

All I looking for is HD channels at the lowest price I can get, and I need just one HDDVR.

What are my options here with Dish?

Oh, And how strict are the credit requirements?

P

purwater

SatelliteGuys Family
May 2, 2004
Bluefield, VA
Not sure if they are letting new customers sign up with the old Turbo HD packages, but that's the cheapest route. They are now called Dish America I think. I have the old Turbo HD Bronze for $35 per month with locals. HDDVR is another $6 plus taxes. It's a pretty good price for a decent selection of channels.

EdZackery

EdZackery

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 29, 2009
NW Ohio
The HDDVR has a setting in the guide that can be set to show only the HD channels. From there you can also set up a favorite list to show only the HD that you want.

Why would anybody pay more for TV?

L

lee78221

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 6, 2005
The HDDVR has a setting in the guide that can be set to show only the HD channels. From there you can also set up a favorite list to show only the HD that you want.

Why would anybody pay more for TV?
Because right now I'm not looking for a Pay TV provider(I have one of those and I'm happy with them) just a HD source until my current Pay TV provider catches up with both DirecTV and Dish in HD(Hopeful by years end is what I'm told(But I don't mind signing a 2 year contract if need be)).