Thinking of switching to Verizon Wireless

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
any recommendations on phones?
I have had the MotoRIZR Z6TV for several months and really like it a lot.

I have always had MOTO flip phones. This is my first slider.

Enter your location

But if you get it, I recommend you get a transparent skin for it from this place to protect it. It is a transparent skin that is made of the same stuff that is used to protect the leading edges of helicopter blades for the military.

invisibleSHIELD | iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

And you can watch TV on it in some areas. Hopefully, they will soon have an app for slingbox.

I prefer to have it all in one so I use the XV6800. It is a great phone, good for web surfing and e-mail, excellent for media, sling box and games, and GPS.

While I believe Verizon isn't the cheapest service around, it certainly beats others for reliability and coverage. I found the difference ion cost wasn't enough to justify have unreliable service. Also, I feel Verizon doesn't offer the latest release on technology but when they do finally get it, it is a more reliable product.

Ditto what Don said; before you choose a phone what are you needs. Sometime the reliability pf you service is in the quality of the phone to some extent. I have been with VZW at least 15+ years with no complaints; at some point in the past they were another name that escapes me; maybe GTE. Anyway, I use the Samsung "Alias" SCH-u740 and it works great. My buddy has the LG Voyager and likes it as well because its a bit bigger than mine. We are both interested in the upcoming Sony Ericsson P5i if the quality & price is right; sub-$199 retail or discounted sale; anything more is a total waste.

For me the most important feature is that it be able to mAke phone calls. I have been getting Spam text with my current carrier and have shut off text messaging because of this. I currently have a camera phone but even that feature is not that important to me.

I like gadgets but not insodar as my phone is concerned.

Me too, my cell phone is all about call quality and reliable connectivity for CALLS. So when you do you research make sure that is what the review focuses on. I have found that many of the freebie phones and gadget phones have some of the worst call quality; gee what a shocker huh?

For me the most important feature is that it be able to mAke phone calls. I have been getting Spam text with my current carrier and have shut off text messaging because of this. I currently have a camera phone but even that feature is not that important to me.

I like gadgets but not insodar as my phone is concerned.
Reliabitlity is why I switched from Cingular. P.S., the MoroRIZR has 2 megapixel cam, can take a 2 gig micro SD for music/video. You can pick one of those up online for less than $20.

Geronimo- Then avoid the data phones and stick with the basics. Neither my wife nor I can get by with a basic phone anymore. She has to carry a Black berry for work and I need on the spot web surfing to demonstrate my video on demand advertising service I sell.

I can tell you that my XV6800 has a few usability problems that the simple phones do not have. I have great issues with it's ability to make 3rd party conference calling. It works only when I set it up from inbound calls but when I try it on outbound, it dumps the first call. Verizon was not able to fix this. But this is a basic phone function and you may need this. I find it annoying once or twice a week!

I have been with verizon for over 10 years and have been very happy I get a new phone every 2 yrs under there New Every 2 Plan.

Right now i have a vx4650 phone that i a have been using for the last 2 years and it is a work horse phone as i do constuction and my phones get beat up trust me on that one, But most important i get service almost everywhere i go when so guys phones dont even get a signal.

Is there any provider unwilling to give youa new phone every two years----in return for a commitment?

Now the family wants to stick w?AT&T I have ac hance to pick up a Pantech Duo cheap. Does anyone have any first hand experience?

Actually the question was is there any provide that is unwilling to do this?

When I came up for new every two, I didn't want to change so they gave me an equal value on my bill. Basically they offered to pay a month of service. I didn't even ask for it. Unusual I thought for a company to be so eager to make sure I remain a happy customer.. On another phone I took a free gift offer of a USB EVDO (A) laptop adapter but don't need it because my laptop has a better one built in. I figure if my wife wants this she can put it on her laptop but presently, all she needs is her Blackberry while traveling. The EVDO receiver is still in the box unopened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts