Thinking of switching to Verizon Wireless

Too which he replied YES VZW; as in VZW is unwilling (as it reads). BUT the reality is that they ARE WILLING.

Gotcha. i am fairly certain that they all do it. although from what has been posted here Verizon offers a choice of incentives at that point which sounds liek aplus to em.

BTW it sounds as if their customer service is much better than AT&T. I am sticking with AT&T only because of the needs of the rest of the family.

You might check out that Sprint SERO plan its really good I have been really happy with the service so far. Just a thought go with what fits your needs the best.. :)

The family prety much made the decision for me. besides while Sprint is popular here my experience with them was very negative and their coverage in my area leaves alot to be desired.

Verizon Wireless sucks when it comes to billing. Our past 3 bills have been screwed up with changing due dates and late fees because they keep changing the due dates. :mad:

i have had bad experience with Sprint and AT&T so I guess the moral is that there is no good way to go.

BTW I went with AT&T and the Pantech Duo. So far I really like it. I will report on it later if any are interested.

I started off with Southwestern Bell, which then became Cingular, then moved from Missouri to Nebraska, where Cingular was not available at the time. Switched to ATT, which about the time we moved to Iowa became Cingular, which of course is now back to being ATT. When we moved to our small town in Iowa the only provider that had coverage inside the city limits was U.S. Cellular. I've actually been fairly happy with them, but in the past 3 years a number of new towers have gone up in our area and I am going to have a choice the next time our contract is up, which is a year away, by which time coverage should be even better, and so should equipment (and prices should continue to drop with better deals for unlimited use for a set amount).
If I were going to make that decision today I would probably go with I-Wireless, which is our local flavor of T-Mobile. Or I would at least try it. My son is currently working for a computer consulting company that also has a limited Radio Shack franchise, and they sell I-Wireless. They will give you a phone to try for (I think) 2 weeks to find out if you can get coverage where you need it. The coverage and equipment has improved so that when I upgrade the next time I will be ready to trade my pda and phone for one one unit. Several of the HTC units look good. I-Wireless currently seems to have the best deal for data transfer.

Verizon Wireless sucks when it comes to billing. Our past 3 bills have been screwed up with changing due dates and late fees because they keep changing the due dates. :mad:
My daughter has Verizon, and has been dealing with the same problem with rolling due dates. Her contract is up, and she leaves the country for 2 years in Guyana at the end of this month, so she's just putting up with it until then.

I started cellular one, then it got bought by ATT then by Cingular then back to ATT. I have never have had any problems with billing in 15 years. I got the ATT one rate as soon as it came out, so have not had any roaming charges in a very long time. I do not get charged for a lot of minutes any more since most people I call on their mobile with free mobile to mobile, and free weekends and nights. Last bill only 1/4 of the minutes counted.

We switched to Verizon about 18 months ago. All the major city reviews except one gave Verizon number one spot for customer satisfaction. I think Chicago had them number 2. I have been very happy with the service and my VX 8600 with GPS has been my best phone ever. We went to Nevada this spring and went to some desert town nobody ever heard of including my portable GPS. My cellphone GPS got us there just fine because it has the look up data base and the Tom Tom only had it's limited data base. Once Verizon found the town, TomTom, got us back to the main road to LA again, as did the cell phone. Just get a suction cup windshield mount, plug in to the cigarette lighter, or what ever that output is called now, and your rental car has instant GPS. 10.00 per month extra and only when you need it. Check for corporate discounts too. It saves us about 20%.

Maybe it is just me but I refuse to pay a monthly service fee for GPS.

Get a 6800/Mogul and the GPS is free.

It don't think it is a monthly fee for GPS, it is for the map subscription service. AT&T has the same thing. $9.99 a month, or around $5 for a couple of trips.

I have a Tilt (better than the Mogul..lol) and they offer that service.

I have a 3rd party map program TomTom installed, so I don't use it.
Google Maps and Microsoft Live Search are pretty functional, and free.
You get up to date maps but no voice prompts on the routing.

Unfortunately the Tilt has a GSM radio... so in my area it would be useless for me. ;)

Oh, I know, wasn't suggesting you get one... just thumbing my nose at the sprint/verizon CDMA guys braggin' about that mogul when we have the superior HTC phone over at at&t :p

What's better about it? The RAM?

Well, since the update (legit or not) Mogul has GPS, which was one of the big advantages the Tilt had over it. I personally like the build and case of the Tilt over the Mogul. I believe the camera has higher specs on on the Tilt, but no flash. As you said, more RAM for installing programs in main memory. Being able to use HSDPA and voice simultaneously is a big plus for the Tilt, but that isn't the Mogul's fault.

They are both great phones... I was more or less just joking about it being better, hence the :p. But, if at&t offered both phones, I'd still pick the tilt over the mogul.

Well, since the update (legit or not) Mogul has GPS, which was one of the big advantages the Tilt had over it. I personally like the build and case of the Tilt over the Mogul. I believe the camera has higher specs on on the Tilt, but no flash. As you said, more RAM for installing programs in main memory. Being able to use HSDPA and voice simultaneously is a big plus for the Tilt, but that isn't the Mogul's fault.

They are both great phones... I was more or less just joking about it being better, hence the :p. But, if at&t offered both phones, I'd still pick the tilt over the mogul.

I haven't played with one so I can comment but from the pictures they look close besides the tilting screen feature. I will definitely say the GPS feature is very cool.

I've actually been very impressed with the quality of the pictures of the 2MP camera on the Mogul, but I consider any phone's camera a toy for quick snapshots.

A couple of times I've ran into the RAM issues but not often. I've come no where close to running out of room to install apps on the phone itself(not on storage card) and I have a ton of apps installed.

The HTC line of phones are awesome... I could never go back to a phone that I can't install apps and mod as much stuff as this! The only negative thing I can say is I wish the screen was a little brighter in the sunlight but thats just about any PDA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts