This is why we like HDM

Im glad you continue to bag on the BD30 while talking out of your ***.

Ask Teachsac if you dont believe me. While not AS sharp as the A2 in upconversion, its close.

BTW, I USED to have an HDDVD player.

The A2 and A3 are the worst upconverters of Toshiba's HD DVD players. Hopefully, the Denon will up the bar for Blu-Ray upconversion.

What model DLP? Are you happy with it?

Im in tv buying mode right now and doing a buncha research.

I have a Mitsubishi 57732. I'm happy with it. I bought it last spring. I still think DLP's are the way to go unless you can spring the extra money for plasmas. LCD's are only good for below 42" where plasma and DLP don't go. Sorry, that's just MHO.

Im glad you continue to bag on the BD30 while talking out of your ***.

Ask Teachsac if you dont believe me. While not AS sharp as the A2 in upconversion, its close.

BTW, I USED to have an HDDVD player.

Why you dragging me into this :eek:

I don't have an A2, so can't comment on that particular player. I do have an XA2 and the BD30 is not far behind that player. I also have an A35 and the difference is negligible.

S~

The A2 and A3 are the worst upconverters of Toshiba's HD DVD players. Hopefully, the Denon will up the bar for Blu-Ray upconversion.

I have a Mitsubishi 57732. I'm happy with it. I bought it last spring. I still think DLP's are the way to go unless you can spring the extra money for plasmas. LCD's are only good for below 42" where plasma and DLP don't go. Sorry, that's just MHO.

I have no doubt the reon chip is better at upconversion, BUT saying the A2/BD30 or whatever else is BAD is just wrong. They are an improvement from every standalone upconverter Ive owned(not owned an Oppo).

Thanks on the tv. The Samsung LED DLP is one Ive been curious about. Ive heard the Mitsu's were great tv's.

Why you dragging me into this :eek:

I don't have an A2, so can't comment on that particular player. I do have an XA2 and the BD30 is not far behind that player. I also have an A35 and the difference is negligible.

S~

Oops, I was WAY off hehe.

Well, maybe theyll take your opinion, obviously I don't know what I'm talking about ;)

The A2 and A3 are the worst upconverters of Toshiba's HD DVD players. Hopefully, the Denon will up the bar for Blu-Ray upconversion.QUOTE]

Sure if you want to spend 2K for the Realta chipset just for upconverting you can't go wrong.

S~

I guy on the other site told me the BD30 sucks at up conversion because it does not do as good a job as his $1500 Denon dvd player. :rolleyes:

The A2 and the BD30 are all I need in the area of upconversion PQ.

I have no doubt the reon chip is better at upconversion, BUT saying the A2/BD30 or whatever else is BAD is just wrong. They are an improvement from every standalone upconverter Ive owned(not owned an Oppo).

Thanks on the tv. The Samsung LED DLP is one Ive been curious about. Ive heard the Mitsu's were great tv's.

The 3800 uses the Realta not the Reon. The 2500 doesn't use either.

I prefer the Mits over Samsungs. Overall they have better build quality. Not saying the picture us horrible on the Samsung as it's not. I have the 65831 and absolutely love it.

S~

I guy on the other site told me the BD30 sucks at up conversion because it does not do as good a job as his $1500 Denon dvd player. :rolleyes:

The A2 and the BD30 are all I need in the area of upconversion PQ.

Well yeah, the 3930 has the Realta chipset which is awesome for upconversion. But it doesn't play HDM. Why not spend another 500 for the BD player and have the best of both worlds if you're going to spend that much on a player.

S~

The 3800 uses the Realta not the Reon. The 2500 doesn't use either.

I prefer the Mits over Samsungs. Overall they have better build quality. Not saying the picture us horrible on the Samsung as it's not. I have the 65831 and absolutely love it.

S~

Now just how many tv's do you have :) ?

They guy was comparing the Denon DVD-3910 to the BD30.

Now just how many tv's do you have :) ?

They guy was comparing the Denon DVD-3910 to the BD30.

Well, Since I have 6 kids quite a few. I have the JVC projector in my dedicated Theater room, 65831 in my family room, and the XBR4 in my bedroom. That's all of mine. My oldest daughter has a 42" Panasonic plasma that she got for Christmas. The 32" moved to the twins room.

S~

Nice tv's, all are ones I've kinda looked at.

Well, as YOU know, im looking at a new tv soon(looks like July-Aug). Is there a good AV mag to sub to that will be reviewing the new lineup of 2008 tv's as they are released?

What model DLP? Are you happy with it?

Im in tv buying mode right now and doing a buncha research.

Wait for Mitsubishi's Laser driven DLP to hit the market. This baby will rock, doesn't use a colour wheel and will do 148% of the colour gamut. Here is some reading material on it:

Mitsubishi to lose lamps for lasers - Alpha Blog - alpha.cnet.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Digital TV DesignLine | Mitsubishi unveils laser-driven HDTV technology

Mitsubishi Harnesses Colored Lasers to Produce New-Generation Lightweight HDTV - New York Times

Supposedly Mits is going to release this baby to the public in May 08. I am very interested in this one.:)

Info on laser use in HDTV:

http://www.novalux.com/display/solidstatergb.php

Wait for Mitsubishi's Laser driven DLP to hit the market. This baby will rock, doesn't use a colour wheel and will do 148% of the colour gamut. Here is some reading material on it:

Mitsubishi to lose lamps for lasers - Alpha Blog - alpha.cnet.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Digital TV DesignLine | Mitsubishi unveils laser-driven HDTV technology

Mitsubishi Harnesses Colored Lasers to Produce New-Generation Lightweight HDTV - New York Times

Supposedly Mits is going to release this baby to the public in May 08. I am very interested in this one.:)

Info on laser use in HDTV:

Novalux

It should be nice. I didn't go to CES this year and don't know if it was on display or not. The first working prototype I saw at a Mits line show did not sit on a nice little TV stand (a big box similar to the old CRTs) and the color had not been perfected. Of course a lot has probably changed since then. However, The price point is higher than he wants to spend. They will not be cheap. I have not heard from our rep that they will be out any time soon. May is not usually Mitsubishi's timeline for product releases. Usually Aug. to Nov.

S~

Yeah, those are going to be a little higher than I expect to spend. Somewhere between $2500 and $3000 will be it.

I just spent an hour in best buy snooping. Unfortunately they did not have any Mitsu Diamonds, just had a regular one the floor, the PQ looked good.

I was very impressed with the Samsung 61" LED DLP they had, VERY nice looking tv.

The Sony XBR LCD is also very impressive, especially playing BD content. Watched the samsung motion flow lcd demo for a bit, it looks very weird when you watch it so I think itd take some time getting used too.

Id say that the Samsung/Panasonic plasmas (50") and the Mitsu/Samsung DLP's are tops on my list right now. Biggest difference is more size for your buck with the DLP. It was a very bright picture, no bulb to worry with and the viewing angle was nice.

Im looking at July/Aug, so Im sure the next gens will be out by then.

New Mits line will start coming out Aug/sept. timeline. They might handle 1080p/24 correctly.

S~

New Mits line will start coming out Aug/sept. timeline. They might handle 1080p/24 correctly.

S~

My 2007 Mitsubishi handles 1080p/24 correctly. It performs a 3:2 pulldown and displays it at 1080p60. :eek: At least it doesn't require that stupid "forced" 1080p/24 like a lot of displays do.

Now, that BS 3:2 pull down and doubling of 1080p60 on the 2008 model diamond displays is a shame. :mad:

My 2007 Mitsubishi handles 1080p/24 correctly. It performs a 3:2 pulldown and displays it at 1080p60. :eek: At least it doesn't require that stupid "forced" 1080p/24 like a lot of displays do.

Now, that BS 3:2 pull down and doubling of 1080p60 on the 2008 model diamond displays is a shame. :mad:

The new Mits should be 120HZ and be able do to 5:5 and not have the 3:2 cadence issues.

Then that would not be handling 1080p/24 correctly. It should be able to do 2:2, 3:3, etc at multiples of 24.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)