Should we do this???

My take on this is that people should use common sense when posting any message.
If you think it's offense to you then it will be to others.

However, I don't like Big Brother looking over my back.

Let's all try to get along without name calling :D

That's what I was saying last time. It's just a forum and it should be all fun and games, nothing personal. If you can't take the heat, then get out the kitchen. The warzones and Pit is not for you.

There is a BIG difference between the Pit and a warzone, a point that seems to escape certain members' attention. The pit is an opt-in portion of the board and it clearly states that attacks on the issues can be vicious. There is also a certain degree of personal attack that is tolerated. Most members choose to stay away.

War zones on the other hand are for the discussuion of both sides of a particular issue. They are created because the individual sides are in different forums. The main purpose is to protect the individual forums from being overrun with the "our team is better" threads.

Warzones are in the normal hierarchy. All users see them, and the normal rules of etiquitte apply. I really like the fact that the mods on this site are not overeager to kill stuff, but that really doesn't make some of the behaviour in the war zones right and proper.

Members of the red team (myself included) have accepted the situation and are ready to move on. I think this is true for most members of the blue team, but there are a few that really need to learn the term "gracious winner". There is nothing to gain by continuing to belittlemembers because they chose the wrong side in this war, and if it had gone the other way, I bet these same members would be crying 'foul' right now.

Basically, this is a time for healing and uniting. In spite of some of the garbage of the last two weeks, we are now all on the same side in the real war, which is to do what we can to keep this from becoming a niche format.

Members of the red team (myself included) have accepted the situation and are ready to move on. I think this is true for most members of the blue team, but there are a few that really need to learn the term "gracious winner".
Except, of course, that THEY didn't win s***. Sony, and the members of the BDA won. The people who bought their stuff are merely consumers.

As a soon-to-be former HD-DVD owner, I didn't lose anything, either. Not even money, considering how many DVD's I got for free, and the low price of the player, which I should have no problem recouping. (I've already sold most of my titles.)

What color is "upconverted DVD"? That's the pill I'll be swallowing until BD HW prices come down within reason.

Except, of course, that THEY didn't win s***. Sony, and the members of the BDA won. The people who bought their stuff are merely consumers.

As a soon-to-be former HD-DVD owner, I didn't lose anything, either. Not even money, considering how many DVD's I got for free, and the low price of the player, which I should have no problem recouping. (I've already sold most of my titles.)

What color is "upconverted DVD"? That's the pill I'll be swallowing until BD HW prices come down within reason.

I guess I should have said "Most members of the red team have accepted" ;)

Gary, I agree with the point, but too many members take this personally, and feel they have some sort of stake in being right. They are investors in the sense that they did put their money in the technology by becoming early adopters and assuming a known risk.

Back on the original topic: And it won't even be effective. Anyone wanting to get around an IP based ban shouldn't have too much trouble circumventing it.

Scott, this forum is *GREAT* as is.

Any reader has the ability to report a post with one click if it bothers him or her. The reader must decide "Can I handle the free speech of this other guy? Or am I going to run to the mods for censorship?"

Judgment trumps any rigid censorship rule.

We all get excited from time to time and if we get out of hand all that has to happen is to have one of the moderators ask us to tone it down -- or as they have done in the past -- delete the offending post. After you have your post deleted a few times most folks here can dial it back to reasonable levels. I usually enjoy the banter as long as it does not get personal. This is a great site Scott and I know that others who visit here are amazed by the freedom that you give us. Please don't that that away!

We all get excited from time to time and if we get out of hand all that has to happen is to have one of the moderators ask us to tone it down -- or as they have done in the past -- delete the offending post. After you have your post deleted a few times most folks here can dial it back to reasonable levels. I usually enjoy the banter as long as it does not get personal. This is a great site Scott and I know that others who visit here are amazed by the freedom that you give us. Please don't that that away!

All the above describe 1 person in this forums :D
<<---<<

The Smart thing to do is buy a HD A30 as an upscaler (I just did, 127.00 including shipping on Amazon) and wait for Macs to come out with BD drives. I have been following this forum for close to a year and this my first post, I hope it will get rid of the add. Thanks for all the good info and ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts