Should we do this???

gee is that guy wacked out . i guess he isnt a free speech supporter like scott. and i mean speech within reason . As long as you dont make threats and spam or try to screw up the server there shouldnt be a problem

Wow, that is pushing it to a whole different level.

There is nothing wrong with a little banter IMHO.
I think this site is well managed, and wouldnt change it.

Sissy.....lol

And I bet if the final outcome was reversed, you would be just as bad as the "blue smurfs" are being now.

That guy is a psycho!!!:eek:
You probably haven't read that site beginning this week - it was waaaay out of hand...
Non-personal attacks towards the HD format on brcom around the time Paramount went HD
would be the definition of politeness compared to them.

Diogen.

Yep, that site went bezerk earlier this week. I don't blame him for instituting a no-tolerance policy. both sides got extremely stupid with their posts there.

As for this site, no one here gets out of hand. Sure people disagree, but nothing like what was happening there.

I dunno, name calling never hurt my feelings. I don't see how name calling should get anyone banned. Sticks and stones and all that. I love it here, but never would I take anything here personally because no one here knows me and I don't know them. This is just words. Now personal physical threats I can see but idle name calling? Eh. But I more thick skinned than most. It's virtually impossible to offend me.
I love the heated arguments, it's like watching two guys beat on each other in the school yard. Don't get me wrong, I love the valuable info here. But these warzones and the pit can often times be the highlite of my visit. There is a lot of passion here.

Did they quite selling DVDs today? There's more to the "Format War" than BluRay vs. HDDVD.

This forum where you just posted this is " The HD-DVD/ Blu-ray War Zone" and yes HD-DVD is DEAD. Ididn't say anything about DVD's but HD-DVD's are history. As popping up on retail sites all over:

As many of you know by now, Toshiba has decided to exit the High Definition DVD format war. Crutchfield will no longer sell HD DVD players. Our Customer Contact teams have detailed strategies in place to help you through this transition to a single format. If you purchased an HD DVD player from Crutchfield, and have questions please contact our Customer Service team at 1-800-955-9091 or by e-mail at service@crutchfield.com. If you were thinking of purchasing an HD DVD player please contact one of our Product Advisors at 1-888-955-6000. The end of the format war has received a great deal of press attention and ultimately it is a good thing for all consumers in the long run.

But these warzones and the pit can often times be the highlite of my visit. There is a lot of passion here.

That's what I was saying last time. It's just a forum and it should be all fun and games, nothing personal. If you can't take the heat, then get out the kitchen. The warzones and Pit is not for you.

Did they quite selling DVDs today? There's more to the "Format War" than BluRay vs. HDDVD.

There is not really a format war between DVD and BD. Amybe someday but not now, But since the title of this one is the HD DVD .Blu Ray war zone other war are really OT. I assume that eventually the powers that be will decide on how to open up this forum--or close it down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts