This tv and metv leaving ses2 6/17/12...maybe not...GONE 6/30/12

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ice,
Totally agree there, but, do they not care we can watch, are happy more people can see their supporter commercials, or is scrambling just too expensive?

T.

I would think that they don't scramble because the number of people that can now receive C-band is so exceptionally small that they just don't care.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't C-band gone into recycle now? As in no one makes or sells them anymore and that you can only get them by finding old, used dishes and refurbishing them?

well, took the plunge and switched the 6' with the 7.5'. now metv is fine but i still have to move the dish about 1 degree to the left to get it. when i set the actuator to thistv, then i lose the lorac channels out of miami on 4020. i like those news channels and i could not get then with the 6'. i guess i will figure this out someday. charlie

Re: recycle mode..;

The "Monday Acid Coffee Klatch" would say NO! The discussion today was (proposed) new WX radars coming are going to knock out the KU uplinking.... And complaining about having to go back to big trucks, in the big cities and near airports and where the WX radars will be going. Driving and parking the bigger rigs is less than fun.

I guess they think the FAA, NOAH and FCC has already decided to build them. I have not seen any announcement about a comment period, so I dunno. Retired KING5 engr. said he listened but did not know anything about it either.

Sorry, did not quote question, Dee.

Not a whiff of Me-tv on 101 for myself, on the 10' sami. This TV is 92/99 signal/quality so it's curious. Me on 118 is still great , 83/99 there right now. Even moved the dish off center both ways on 101 and still no 4014 mhz. Thankfully--WZDX Fox54 out of Huntsville AL just added Me-tv to their OTA , I just discovered it a few days ago , I mean, so don't think it's been there long. Good signal and can't see much difference between it and the sat signal.

Ice,
Totally agree there, but, do they not care we can watch, are happy more people can see their supporter commercials, or is scrambling just too expensive?

What I mean is all the provider (Weigel...the owner) cares about is satisfying the stations who broadcast one or both of the stations. Affiliates use 12-14 foot dishes (or larger) so as long as they dont have any complaints Weigel is happy. If we can't pick them up on 6 foot dishes Weigel doesnt care because we are not the intended audience. Like I say as long as the affiliates who are probably paying money to carry it is happy then thats all Weigel cares about.

I wonder if they'll boost the power once the signal is gone from 87W. One can hope...

If not, that Paraclipse I've been eyeing is looking like it would probably work, assuming I could find replacement mesh.

What I mean is all the provider (Weigel...the owner) cares about is satisfying the stations who broadcast one or both of the stations. Affiliates use 12-14 foot dishes (or larger) so as long as they dont have any complaints Weigel is happy. If we can't pick them up on 6 foot dishes Weigel doesnt care because we are not the intended audience. Like I say as long as the affiliates who are probably paying money to carry it is happy then thats all Weigel cares about.

That about sums it up. People just don't understand that these signals from outer space are not intended for us, we just kind of borrow them ;).

I wonder if they'll boost the power once the signal is gone from 87W. One can hope...

If not, that Paraclipse I've been eyeing is looking like it would probably work, assuming I could find replacement mesh.
tron: I still have piles of mesh panels from old 10-12'dishes, if you can measure what size panel you need, you can probably cut yourself one out of these. Been finding all this stuff again lately as I'm doing the spring clean-out behind the storage building. If you can't find anything local that is...

Well after adjusting the LNB skew I can now receive THIS at about 50Q but ME is still elusive on a 6' dish. Was actually able to boost the Q a few points by removing the scalar ring which i would have thought would have the opposite effect.

tron: I still have piles of mesh panels from old 10-12'dishes, if you can measure what size panel you need, you can probably cut yourself one out of these. Been finding all this stuff again lately as I'm doing the spring clean-out behind the storage building. If you can't find anything local that is...

Thanks very much for the offer, Turbosat! I need to go over to the building where the dish is and ask if I can have it. I'm quite sure they don't want it anymore, but its just a matter of getting them to give me the go-ahead to take it down. If it is a 12 footer, its gonna be a bear to remove. I think Stogie might be able to give me some pointers ;) ...

roger that..thought it was one you already had installed. I can send those things rolled up in a tube, I remember sending a couple to a guy up in Tenn a couple of years back. Let me know and I won't toss any of them , been using some of the lousy ones to shield my tomato plants, lol.

Has anyone picked up MeTV on 101 using a QualiTv? I have a 10 ft. dish in Upstate NY and get a lock with Quality in the high 70s using 4013 MHz 5923 SR V. I even get brief audio and video, so I know I am on MeTV, but it won't scan in. I get it fine on my Openbox S9, but I like the QualiTv picture better.

Great!!
sad.gif
sad.gif
I do watch MeTv often on 87 but have tried 101 with my 6 footor without a peep of Q.Anyone with a 6 footer having any luck on 101??.

We can only hope! Thanks icu.I know i can get This TV else where but METV may be history for me on FTA sat.I still have cable and recieve METV on one of its channels (wsah) but they go into info commercials from 10pm est to 2am which stinks on weekends when im up late and watch svengoolie at 10 and voyage to the bottom of the sea at 12.

Well I have no choice but to plan on spending a day or three out in the yard tweaking 101.

The OTA of MeTV is terrible. The signal strength is like a yo-yo, day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute.. It might be great for a few hours then poof! Below 60% and it's legovision and bye bye.. :mad:

Normally I switch over to watch MeTV around 10pm for Twilight Zone and everything else, then when the war BS comes on I switch over to see if anything is on ThisTV and if not, I switch over to Dish Network until 4am. I go between This and Me from 4am to 8am then start watching local OTA stuff till 11am, I catch Hawaii 5.0 then back to OTA until 7pm and I go to Dish then.

MeTV and ThisTV are big players on my schedule but the OTA of Me is very flaky and unreliable. It almost always, without fail, goes south about 10pm which is the time I want to be watching it!

Getting those trees cut is going to be quite a while off yet so I'm thinking that I need to play musical satellite dishes, again.

I'm gonna pull that WSI dish down and scrap it. I'll get my dad to help me move the 10' Odom to the pole where the WSI was, that should give me a better shot at 101, at least until the trees can be taken down.
The BIG dishes, those are a looooooong way off from seeing use in my yard..

This is so freakin annoying!! At least now I have plenty of tools (meters, small tuners, small TV's) that I can use to help me do this. Plus a few years experience playing this never ending game.

Oh well, what can you do? You either play the game or just give up...

:)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)