This tv and metv leaving ses2 6/17/12...maybe not...GONE 6/30/12

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If anyone is interested! MeTv can also be found on Anik F3 @ 118.8w on KDEV-TV 3920 H 18477.This one will work with a 6 footer.
Yep thats a big bonus for ME>I can switch over to 118 at midnite and watch whatever I've missed earlier, I know Perry Mason is not going to lose his case no matter how many times they re=run it, but still enjoy watching, lol. And you don't need dolby equipment to watch on that satellite feed.

a couple of days ago, switched the dishes so the 8' is for the wife and the 6' is mine in the basement. thistv and metv were ok with the bigger dish. so today i got the 6' hooked up to the azbox in the basement. hmmmmm... no adjustments on the dish made and thistv and metv are coming in good. must be better receiver in the azbox. however. i still have to move the dish to the left a bit to pick up thistv and then i lose metv. since my actuator is an old manual it's easy enough to move it when i need to, rather than having the actuator only going to a specific count. charlie

a couple of days ago, switched the dishes so the 8' is for the wife and the 6' is mine in the basement. thistv and metv were ok with the bigger dish. so today i got the 6' hooked up to the azbox in the basement. hmmmmm... no adjustments on the dish made and thistv and metv are coming in good. must be better receiver in the azbox. however. i still have to move the dish to the left a bit to pick up thistv and then i lose metv. since my actuator is an old manual it's easy enough to move it when i need to, rather than having the actuator only going to a specific count. charlie

I can confirm that with a 6' dish you can pick up both ME & This transponders!!! I get a Q 0f 70 for This and about 60 for ME but as Charlie mentioned I have to move the dish half way between 101 and 103 to pick up ME. Its as if its coming from a different satellite, very strange?

I can confirm that with a 6' dish you can pick up both ME & This transponders!!! I get a Q 0f 70 for This and about 60 for ME but as Charlie mentioned I have to move the dish half way between 101 and 103 to pick up ME. Its as if its coming from a different satellite, very strange?

As posted by others, a 6ft dish is not 2 degree compliant for satellite spacing. It has a wider beamwidth than an 8- or 10 footer, and will pick up signals (and interference) from more than one bird. By moving off 101 to get the other signal, you are simply moving away from co-satellite interference, which is causing the undersize dish to not see the intended signal. (probably 99w since moving further toward 103 helps)

picking up this tv on 101w perfect with 6 footer and openbox S9...signal 85....quality 60,can't get nothing but interference on me tv 1 and 2

I will suggest that there's enough splatter from the analog signal on TP-16 (4020 MHz) vertical on 99 West
to take out the ME TV signal (4014 MHz on vertical) on 101 West, unless you have a large enough dish.
Don't seem to have these problems on THIS TV (3984-V), and there are really no other nearby digital signals that are possibly interfering. But don't think the good pastor is going to be forced to do anything with his signal.

Weigel Broadcasting will have to either deal with the many problems at affiliates using undersized antennas, or consider a different downlink frequency for ME TV. Since we are talking about only a few dozen problem installations, do they move the frequency or do the locations with undersized antennas install larger ones?
You can bet that our consumer move of moving further away from 99 West to beat the interference will probably not be acceptable for a broadcast affiliate. You could also raise or lower the elevation slightly, if slight westward movement does not solve the problem.

MeTV on 101 W scanned right in on my Openbox S9, but would not scan in on my QualiTv. Is there any explanation for this? I am using a 10 ft. dish.

A pleasant surprise....the folks that uplink Me TV and This TV have decided to change frequencies on both signals to avoid adjacent satellite interference from 99 West.

87 West will continue to transmit both signals until June 19th.

On 101 West, THIS TV transponder is moving to 3953-vertical @ 2.734 symbol rate.
ME TV transponder is moving to 3974-vertical @ 5.924 symbol rate.

Simulcast of 101 West frequencies will be brief, so once they are up and running, let's hear some reports on both signals.

A pleasant surprise....the folks that uplink Me TV and This TV have decided to change frequencies on both signals to avoid adjacent satellite interference from 99 West.

87 West will continue to transmit both signals until June 19th.

On 101 West, THIS TV transponder is moving to 3953-vertical @ 2.734 symbol rate.
ME TV transponder is moving to 3974-vertical @ 5.924 symbol rate.

Simulcast of 101 West frequencies will be brief, so once they are up and running, let's hear some reports on both signals.

Awesomesauace!!!!

I expect to see a dual illumination on May 15 for a few hours---use the old 101 West frequencies for now
(or stronger signals from 103 or 87). Then whenever things are transferred on 101, the new info just given will apply. Don't know what is going to happen on 103---I suspect that it was a very temporary arrangement that is subleasing the DW-TV transponder, and will go away sooner than later. There is always our 1 hour time shifted ME TV Cheyenne-WY version on 119 West, too.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)