Thread for the rollout of the new locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
Is there a thread for the HD Locals rollout anywhere? I'm looking at DirecTV, but am concerned about when the Hartford area will get our HD locals and how that will affect me if I purchase an HD Tivo. Everything I'm reading is that it might be best to hold off on one right now, but I can't be sure.

-MP

To the best of my knowledge there is no roll out list. The only ones that have been announced are the 12 o&o markets that will go up sometime this summer.

Thanks SS (best comic of all time BTW). I'm really on the fence. The costs to get into Dish is so much less.

Well the cost to get in is cheaper but from what I have read from some people who have recently made a switch from D* to E* they have been very disapointed and ended up paying large sums of money to get out of their contracts. In my opinion D* has superior hardware and software. Personally I don't want to have to reboot my reciever to watch TV.

Checkout this thread for some more opinions... http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=453088#post453088

Silver Surfer is definitley the best comic. I used to be a huge collector but unfortunately I lost most of my collection in a divorce. I still have all my SS issues though....

The $200 Voomer rebate makes it a little more even. I'll have to give it some thought.

She took your COMICS? Cold man, cold. I feel for you.

I have had both and D* is better than E*. The freebie stuff is nice but just a selling ploy and the rental fees add up to paying more for bad equipment in the long term. One should pick based on service and packages which D* wins.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)