Tigers vs Cardinals in world series

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Paul Wozniak said:
They are not going to learn selectivity at this stage of the game. I'll be happy if they just start hitting what they are swinging at. At any rate the remaining schedule does favor us, and the pitching is still the best in the league. Amazing how this team is mirroring the Sox, and we know that turned out. How come we haven't heard from any Sox fans on this forum?
White Sox fans ? I didn't know there were any .....
At least our pitching won't evecuate the following season, the pitching was the tops in the league last year .... What a difference a year makes.

Tigers need to start winning again, Leyland said there are no more days of rest for the starters .... Except he will skip Robertson this week.

Jimbo

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
I was prepared to write my obligatory "another fine pitching performance wasted" but Guillen comes through with a walkoff homer. We need a five game winning streak in the worst way.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
The past few weeks I had the impression these guys were going out there trying not to lose. I hope this serves as a wake-up call because there is no margin for error with only a 1 1/2 game lead. Anyway, Minnesota is on ESPNHD at 1pm and Detroit is on ESPNHD at 7pm. The Twins are due for a loss.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
joedekock said:
The Tigers have an easy schedule to finish the year out. They need to come through now!
What make you think it is an easy schedule ?
KC has been playing great of late, this will all be settled in the last week against KC.

They should win, your right, they have Baltimore, KC, Toronto and Chi Sox left.
and the rest of the Texas series

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
riffjim4069 said:
The past few weeks I had the impression these guys were going out there trying not to lose. I hope this serves as a wake-up call because there is no margin for error with only a 1 1/2 game lead. Anyway, Minnesota is on ESPNHD at 1pm and Detroit is on ESPNHD at 7pm. The Twins are due for a loss.
I am once again blacked out of the HD ESPN game tonight, SD too.

Jimbo

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
Fine pitching, great hitting, player hits for a natural cycle. Very impressive. I remember when I used to say this about the tigers. Wake up guys before it's too late.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
riffjim4069 said:
Yep, better wake up before they find themselves behind both the Twins and Sox.
I don't think the Sox have enough to over take the Tigers, but the Twins might, even without Liriano...
The too have a very tough lineup to deal with.
The Tigers did also, earlier in the year.

btw, if you look at the two seasons, last years White Sox and this years Tigers, they are nearly identical.
I remember the Sox barley hanging on to beat out the Indians.

Jimbo

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
Well, you have to admit, this is pretty exciting. Two magic numbers, firstplace and the playoffs (16 &14). This one is going to the last game, and I will be at that one against KC.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Looks like the Tigers finally have found thier hitting shoes tonight.

8-0 4th inning

opps, make that 9-0, a 8 run 4th inning ....so far...:up

Now , If they could hit GOOD pitching would help ....

Come on Cleveland and Oakland ..... we'll accept your help :hatsoff:

Jimbo

benzbill

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 24, 2004
lockport,il
Paul Wozniak said:
They are not going to learn selectivity at this stage of the game. I'll be happy if they just start hitting what they are swinging at. At any rate the remaining schedule does favor us, and the pitching is still the best in the league. Amazing how this team is mirroring the Sox, and we know that turned out. How come we haven't heard from any Sox fans on this forum?
SOX FAN,yes the tigers season reminds me of last years season but we only had to hold of one team i will feel sorry for you tiger fans if they don't make the playoffs after spanking the league for the first 5 months then pulling the emergency brake for the next 2

benzbill

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 24, 2004
lockport,il
Jimbos said:
White Sox fans ? I didn't know there were any .....
At least our pitching won't evecuate the following season, the pitching was the tops in the league last year .... What a difference a year makes.

Tigers need to start winning again, Leyland said there are no more days of rest for the starters .... Except he will skip Robertson this week.

Jimbo
there are a ton of white sox fans & yes the pitching hasn't been as good as last year but it is coming on as of late & i will take my chances in a 7 game series with any one

benzbill

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 24, 2004
lockport,il
Jimbos said:
I don't think the Sox have enough to over take the Tigers, but the Twins might, even without Liriano...
The too have a very tough lineup to deal with.
The Tigers did also, earlier in the year.

btw, if you look at the two seasons, last years White Sox and this years Tigers, they are nearly identical.
I remember the Sox barley hanging on to beat out the Indians.

Jimbo
Dont have enough to over take the tigers? What lineup are you looking at we 4 guys with over 30 homers & 90 rbi's the tigers have 1 guy with 90 rbi's & a couple of guys with 25 homers

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
benzbill said:
Dont have enough to over take the tigers? What lineup are you looking at we 4 guys with over 30 homers & 90 rbi's the tigers have 1 guy with 90 rbi's & a couple of guys with 25 homers
simple, Your guys have to win 3 more games than the Tigers do, with what 16 games left.
If the Tigers go 8-8 , can your guys go 11-5 or better ?
They could if they were playing great ball, but neither the Tigers or the Sox are playing much better than average.

Jimbo

benzbill

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 24, 2004
lockport,il
Jimbos said:
simple, Your guys have to win 3 more games than the Tigers do, with what 16 games left.
If the Tigers go 8-8 , can your guys go 11-5 or better ?
They could if they were playing great ball, but neither the Tigers or the Sox are playing much better than average.

Jimbo
Ya i thought of the same thing this morning & while 3 games or 2 to the wild card doesn't sound like much we can only afford to loose 3-4 games tops & they haven't played that consistent all year so we will see if they really want it again or if 1 was enough for them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)