Tigers vs Cardinals in world series

benzbill said:
Ya i thought of the same thing this morning & while 3 games or 2 to the wild card doesn't sound like much we can only afford to loose 3-4 games tops & they haven't played that consistent all year so we will see if they really want it again or if 1 was enough for them
I want to see how the Tigers pitching holds up down the stretch, alot of them are like 1-2 years of experience.
Like they say, pitching wins championships, thats how the Sox won last year.
People are saying that the Tigers pitching is right up there with the best ...
I haven't been able to say that since ........ well.... um.... not even '84, in '84 we didn't have great pitching , we had a great pitcher (that should be in the HOF)
Jack Morris and a great (at the time reliever, Hernandez).

This years group have a few potential greats, I would not consider them great yet, they are still awfully young, but I am confident they will continue to get better.
Me could have been even better this year, had Mike Maroth not got hurt.
I think he was 5-2 when he went down.

The Yankees make me nervous, I don't think the team has enough confidence that they can beat them in a series, but then thats where the Leyland experience may make a difference.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Looks like the Tigers finally have found thier hitting shoes tonight.

8-0 4th inning

opps, make that 9-0, a 8 run 4th inning ....so far...:up

Now , If they could hit GOOD pitching would help ....

Come on Cleveland and Oakland ..... we'll accept your help :hatsoff:

Jimbo
Thank you Cleveland and Oakland :hatsoff:

Now lets see if the Tigers can win two in a row, or may be 5 !
They have not won more than 2 in a row in quite awhile.
baby steps, baby steps ....

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
I want to see how the Tigers pitching holds up down the stretch, alot of them are like 1-2 years of experience.
Like they say, pitching wins championships, thats how the Sox won last year.
People are saying that the Tigers pitching is right up there with the best ...
I haven't been able to say that since ........ well.... um.... not even '84, in '84 we didn't have great pitching , we had a great pitcher (that should be in the HOF)
Jack Morris and a great (at the time reliever, Hernandez).

This years group have a few potential greats, I would not consider them great yet, they are still awfully young, but I am confident they will continue to get better.
Me could have been even better this year, had Mike Maroth not got hurt.
I think he was 5-2 when he went down.

The Yankees make me nervous, I don't think the team has enough confidence that they can beat them in a series, but then thats where the Leyland experience may make a difference.

Jimbo
Well good luck to you guys it is now officially football season here come the bears hopefully we can keep are china doll QB in one piece this season

benzbill said:
Well good luck to you guys it is now officially football season here come the bears hopefully we can keep are china doll QB in one piece this season
Greise will be in there by week 9-10

Your fragile QB will have no trouble this week (playing the kitty cats, Lions)
No Offence , No Offense :down

Jimbo

riffjim4069 said:
Nice pitching effort! It looks like they are going to pick up another game on Chicago.
Yes it was, unfortunatly it looks like the Twins will win tonight, up 3-1 in the ninth.

Sox will be 5 back now.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Not lookin good so far, then again neither are the Lions :(

Jimbo
Well the Tigers were down 5-1 when I last posted, but have since caught up and it's 6 all so there is still a chance for a win and a sweep as well.

No such luck, they caught up only to lose in in EI.'s

Jimbo

Last edited:
The Tigers are limping into the playoffs. Thank God the Sox are proving to be just as inept. As for the LIons, 6and 10 is my forecast. We'll have to start another thread for that piece of sh*t team. Time and space don't allow me to express myself about the heaping, smelly piece of excrement that team is. Don't get me started.

Paul Wozniak said:
This series (Sox) may very well determine our fate. As for the Lions, well don't get me started on that heaping piece of sh*t team.
Have at it Paul, your welcome to start a Lions thread if you want !!

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)