Tigers vs Cardinals in world series

Tigers picked up a game on the Twins and Chi Sox tonight, They need to string together 4-5 wins in a row to get thier confidence going again .....

But as I mentioned earlier (Last week) Granderson and Ordonez are starting to hit again, thats a great sign.
When Granderson is getting on base he sets the tone for the game and the guys have some RBI oppertunities.

Also, looks like Mr. Palonco will be back tommorow :)

Jimbo

I think the Tigers will win tonight ....
It's 10-0 and the Royals have not been to bat yet.
I hope someone told Kenny Rogers that the game starts at 7:30, so he could get warmed up properly.
Yes, it was a 7:05 game

Jimbo

joedekock said:
This would be the biggest confidence booster for the Tigers at this time in the year.
(Palonco)
Yes this should be a good thing,
Also have you noticed that Granderson and Ordonez are hitting now ???

riffjim4069 said:
Holy crap! I just tuned in and it's 10-0 Tigers in the first. Yikes!:)
Well, it's 15-0 now, bottom of the 5th...
You watch carefully now, tommorow will be like 1-0 and they won't be able to get a run when they need it.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
\You watch carefully now, tommorow will be like 1-0 and they won't be able to get a run when they need it.

Jimbo
Ha. I was just coming to see if anyone else was expecting the Tigers to get shut out today.

Good to see Polanco back. Will they sit him today, just to be safe? Maybe pinch-hit?

TheTimm said:
Ha. I was just coming to see if anyone else was expecting the Tigers to get shut out today.

Good to see Polanco back. Will they sit him today, just to be safe? Maybe pinch-hit?
Yup,
A day off for Palonco.
Congratulations Tigers !!!

Now let finish the seasopn of on a roll .
It may be a lot to ask, but IF and thats a big IF, the Tigers don't lose in the last 6 games, they will win 100 games ... they are at 94 now, earlier in the year I figured it would take 94-95 wins to win the division.
BTW, The Tigers took the AL's best record BACK from the yankees.
Therefore there will be incentive for the Tigers to win out,for home fieild advantage and believe me it would be a huge help for the Tigers to have Home feild against the Yankees, if they get that far.

Jimbo

riffjim4069 said:
Memories of the '68 Tigers: Lolich, Freehan, Cash, Horton, McClain, Northrop, Stanley, Kaline, and the rest of the gang are coming back to me...not to mention the '84 Team too!

Go Get 'em Tigers!!!
I remember the '68 guys, but not the series , I was only seven and from what I remember that was when I started watching sport seriously .... I know all the names from '68, but have no recollection of the series.
Lolich P, Freehan C, Cash IB (RIP), Horton LF, McClain P, Northrop CF, Kaline RF,
Stanley, Was Stanley in CF or at Short ? I remember Eddie Brinkman (SS) and Dick MacCauliffe (2B) but did Eddie and Dick come after the '68 group, or were they part of it ??? I also remember Tony Taylor at 2B but I think he was after Mac too. and then Aurelio Rodreguez at 3rd, but that too I think was later.
Help, I am getting too many years mixed up, maybe they were on the '72 team that made the playoffs.

I remember the '84 Tigers very well.

Jimbo

sidekick said:
Remember the "Go get em Tigers" song from the 1968 pennant series? You can still get the landmark series games on CD with George Kell & Ernie Harwell broadcasting. Check out Ebay.
Ya I remember the song for sure...
I remember the "Bless you Boys " as well..... Good old Sparky, he was great, I also watched Sparky while he was in Cincy too, I was a big red machine fan also satrting around '70, Rose, Bench, Perez and company ....
Oh those too were the days :hatsoff:

GO get'em Tigers !!!!

Jimbo

Congratulations to the Detroit Tigers in getting to the playoffs in the new century :) (very very long time). I tell you Leland (sp?) is the most underated manager in baseball. He has proven that he can take a team and make it into a contender. He did it with the Pirates with a small budget and then had a loosing season when the Pirates made the budget even smaller (who is going to win like that). He went to Florida and the crazy owner spent money like crazy but leland won a championship with the Marlins in 1997. He left after the Marlins sold out the players and now in Detroit he takes a team with a losing record to the top of the division. Do I think the Tigers are a fluke? no Leland is the X-Factor. He is a great motivator and I will not be surprised if the Tigers go beyond of what is expected. I am sticking this one in making the celebration for the Tigers in clinching the ALC. Go Tigers!

Jimbos, I'm showing my age, In 1968 3rd base would have been Don Wert, SS was Ray Oyler, until the series, when Kaline came back from injury, and Mayo Smith wanted him in the lineup. Smith put Mickey Stanley in at short, so he could play Kaline. Talk about big ones! At any rate it paid off. Ed Brinkman was in the lineup in 1972. He was aquired in the trade that sent McLain to the Senators. Dick McCauliff was the 2nd baseman in 1968 and 1972. Also, Rodriguez came in the previously mentioned trade. I believe the trade was made in 1971, but don't quote me. The senators also through in some pitcher named Hannah and somr other player, but I relly can't remember who that was . Congratulations TIGERS. Lets hope we'll party like it's 1968.

Paul Wozniak said:
Jimbos, I'm showing my age, In 1968 3rd base would have been Don Wert, SS was Ray Oyler, until the series, when Kaline came back from injury, and Mayo Smith wanted him in the lineup. Smith put Mickey Stanley in at short, so he could play Kaline. Talk about big ones! At any rate it paid off. Ed Brinkman was in the lineup in 1972. He was aquired in the trade that sent McLain to the Senators. Dick McCauliff was the 2nd baseman in 1968 and 1972. Also, Rodriguez came in the previously mentioned trade. I believe the trade was made in 1971, but don't quote me. The senators also through in some pitcher named Hannah and somr other player, but I relly can't remember who that was . Congratulations TIGERS. Lets hope we'll party like it's 1968.
Thanks for the info,

I gueass I must be about 5 years younger than you or maybe less, but we don't have to go there now Do We !!!

Jimbo

Paul Wozniak said:
Thinking back (remember I was only 8 at the time) I recall Joe Coleman coming to the Tigers from the Senators or Angels in '71.