Tigers vs Cardinals in world series

Good memory!!! I remember making a crystal radio from a kit from Lafayette Electronics and listening to the Tiger games in the 60's through a little ear bud.

Jimbos said:
Talk about memories !!!
FSN-D just did a little bit with Ernie Harwell interviewing George Kell talking about how Kell came to the broadcast booth.
Talk about two classy guys.
I always loved listening to Ernie and George with his southern draw....
I use to listen to them when I was a kid with the transister radio for late night games
Remember asking for more 9volt batteries from Mom and Dad

Also enjoyed listening to Marty Breneman and Joe Nuxhall as well ,
That was along ways to pick up 700 WLW on my transister as well

Man talk about memories

Those were my favorite Announcers !!!

Jimbo

Tigers lost this afternoon, another pitching meltdown. In other news, the Twinkies owner sez, bring the Yankees on , because I know we can take them. Not the exact quote, but damn accurate. Personnaly Oakland scares me more than the Yankees, but if the Twinkies want them they can have them. I'm going to saturdays game against the Royals. I hope its the clincher.

Paul Wozniak said:
Tigers lost this afternoon, another pitching meltdown. In other news, the Twinkies owner sez, bring the Yankees on , because I know we can take them. Not the exact quote, but damn accurate. Personnaly Oakland scares me more than the Yankees, but if the Twinkies want them they can have them. I'm going to saturdays game against the Royals. I hope its the clincher.
It's all tied now, well sort of anyway.
I hope the Tigers get rid of this , falling behind by 6-7 runs and then try to play catch up.... The pitching lately has not been good, and thats a bad thing at this time of year.
Lets hope they are slumping because they know they have the playoffs wrapped up.

I don't think it matters to them where they end up at this point, but winning the division should be enough incentuve to keep them going.

If you notice, the pitching against good teams in the last month have not been very good.
Yankees BEST pitcher is a rookie, lets hope our rookies come thru in crunch time as well (playoffs). How will Wang look in the playoffs or Verlander , Zumaya, look we will find out soon... the playoff pressure affects some more than others.

Looks like Rodgers will start the playoffs for the Tigers and Wang for the Yankees, and Santana for the Twins ... (Verlander and Santana skipped thier last starts )

Jimbo

Remember several weeks back when I said thet Granderson and Ordonez were starting to hit ?
Well Granderson has started to look more like the player they had in the early parts of the season .... Including 2 HR's tonight. .. so far, now he's due to strike out , just to keep us honest ...

Jimbo

Good news: We are still in first. Bad news: So are the Twinkies. Good news: We're hitting the snot out of the ball. Bad news: Pitching is in a mini meltdown. Best news: Playoffs just around the corner. GO TIGERS!

Paul Wozniak said:
Good news: We are still in first. Bad news: So are the Twinkies. Good news: We're hitting the snot out of the ball. Bad news: Pitching is in a mini meltdown. Best news: Playoffs just around the corner. GO TIGERS!
Good news: Twins lose today.
Good news: Tigers Clinch with a WIN tonight.
Bad news : Tigers don't play till this evening
Bad news : I will miss the game
Good news: I will be watching BUCKEYES at a freinds
Good news: I have a HR20-700 and can record the Tigers game tonight !!!
Bad news : Skip the last Good News as the Tigers appear to NOT be on FSN-D and will be on channel 20 and seeing we do not have the OTA tuners turned on yet I will miss it. Hopefully it will be a victory non the less.

Jimbo
Go Bucks !!!

Last edited:
stone phillips420 said:
im rooting for royals sweep and twins win tomorrow
What a way for us both to go into the playoffs, can you imagine if we both get swept this weekend ????

things that make you go , Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Iceberg said:
woo hoo!

Lets go Twins...only issue is Minny starts old trainwreck Silva tomorrow :(
Would you rather start Santana and possibly win the division or have him available for games 1 and 5 ???

The Tigers started thier number 5-6 pitcher tonight, I think they were going to skip Bonderman tommorow had they won it tonight, seeing they didn't I figure they will pitch him tommorow and use him as a 3 or 4th pitcher in the playoffs.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Would you rather start Santana and possibly win the division or have him available for games 1 and 5 ???
Jimbo
I think resting santana is just fine as the twins have had lots of lineup changes therough the year, plus baker has enough mlb experience to know this may be the biggest game of his career, as i dont see him pitching in playoffs but anything can and will happen

stone phillips420 said:
I think resting santana is just fine as the twins have had lots of lineup changes therough the year, plus baker has enough mlb experience to know this may be the biggest game of his career, as i dont see him pitching in playoffs but anything can and will happen
Tigers game happens an hour ahead of the Twins tommorow, so they will know what needs to happen by about the 7 th inning, of course if the Tigers keep giving up 6-7 runs in the 1st few innings, it will be over quickly.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts