Tigers vs Cardinals in world series

was able to see the Royals/Detroit game and was on edge of my seat watching it. Amazing that the Royals decided the Central in the last 2 weeks

Apsolutely rediculous,
The Tigers don't even belong in the playoffs....
Falling behind to the last place Royals the 1st 2 games by 6-7 runs and trying to come back, and failing ....
Then going up 6-0 in the last game and finding a way to lose.

Pitching use to be thier strentgh, obviously the pitching is out of gas.
Don't know if it's playoff pressure or just wore out.

Unfortunaly, it looks like it will be a short trip to NY.

I was almost correct in my thought about both teams getting swept whenit meant the most, At least the TWINS one today, it would have been more embarrassing to get swept and still win the division...:confused: :rolleyes: :down !protest :no

Jimbo

Last edited:
this Twins fan will still be rooting for the Tigers in the first round

Twins/Tigers ALCS...the "20 year reunion" :)

Last edited:
Iceberg said:
this Twins fan will still be rooting for the Tigers in the first round

Twins/Tigers ALCS...the "10 year reunion" :)
Oh I will watch and root for the Tigers you never know what could happen ....
But I am not expecting miracles either...
I will also root for the Twins ...

Looks like they will have to out slug the teams they play, I don't see them outslugging the Yankees.

Jimbo

Iceberg said:
ah crap you're right...my math sucks

too damn hot out and I'm watching college hockey right now :)
Too damn hot out ???
Where are you today ?
It was 60's, might have made 70 if it 's lucky.
In NW. Ohio ......

Jimbo

How bad is this? Saturday I wait almost two hours for the game to start, finally take my seat and they're down 7-0 before I even finish my first beer. Pitching in a total meltdown this weekend. Good news: A best of 5 series is definitely an advantage for the Tigers. If we can find our arms we can beat the Yankme's. Best of seven favors the better team. Still hoping for a Tiger-Twinkie rematch in ALCS.

Iceberg said:
Jimbo

It was 84 in Mpls yesterday and 83 today (normal is 64)

Thats too hot for me :)
Ya thats hotter than I would have expected too.

I perfer 60-80*
If I could find an area where the temps ranged from 30* to 80* I would move there !

Closest I can find is N.C. so far...., but I think it does get colder and hotter I know.

Jimbo

Well ... you either have a good job, be a two income family or scrimp to get by. The median home price is over 600k here. I'm an attorney and my wife's a Tax Director for a major corporation so we're doing ok, but I swear I don't know how individuals/families making minimum wage or slightly better do it? A one bedroom apartment will set you back at least 1200.00 a month.

sidekick said:
Well ... you either have a good job, be a two income family or scrimp to get by. The median home price is over 600k here. I'm an attorney and my wife's a Tax Director for a major corporation so we're doing ok, but I swear I don't know how individuals/families making minimum wage or slightly better do it? A one bedroom apartment will set you back at least 1200.00 a month.
Well theres a good enough reason to NOT make it out there ....
I would like to visit but could never live there...
Last I remember San Diego was absolutely beautiful...

Jimbo

My monthly mortgage payment on a 5 bedroom home is a hell of lot less than that. Back to the Tigers: Will SOMEONE on this pitching staff pleases step forward! This has become the biggest choke job ever. If it weren't for the wildcard we wouldn't even be here. Don't get me wrong, this has been one great summer, but it this what we worked for the last 6 months.

Don't worry the Yankees are gonna make your playoff stay short and swift...

No way they are going to beat the best lineup ever...

patrickpiteo said:
Don't worry the Yankees are gonna make your playoff stay short and swift...

No way they are going to beat the best lineup ever...
Well stated and well PAID for...
Gee I suppose the Tigers could go out and buy all of the next years All Star free agents, But the Tigers would rather win with their own people, a trade here and there, a FA pick up from time to time, not just out spending the other interested teams.

Jimbo

Rain delay in New York, before the game even starts, this sux, And it's NOT even raining ....
I really wanted to see Verlander pitch ...
Most teams pull thier pitchers after a rain delay ....:(

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)