Tigers vs Cardinals in world series

Jimbo, going to a party with only one TV? Where are your priorities? Buckeyes are on every week. Tigers going to the series for the first time in nineteen years! Next important game for the Buckeyes doesn't happen till the end of the season.

Another gem by Rodgers. Tigers are on a serious roll. Jimbo, you were right, Granderson was safe. Unfortunately the ump doesn't have the benefit of instant replay. All in the all, the umps have been very good through out the playoffs.

Paul Wozniak said:
Jimbo, going to a party with only one TV? Where are your priorities? Buckeyes are on every week. Tigers going to the series for the first time in nineteen years! Next important game for the Buckeyes doesn't happen till the end of the season.
Yes,
BUCKEYE loyalty !!!
We kinda figured the game would be over early, so we were able to watch both games , back and forth, the kitchen TV was on the Tigers and the Bucks on the 50" Sony, and switched the games back and forth from halftime on.

Jimbo

I've been to both of the "Roger's Games" (6-0 vs. Yankees and 3-0 vs. A's). I am speechless.

Go Tigers!

And Jimbos...only a few more weeks until your #1 Buckeyes and my #2 Wolverines (they'll get to #2 by November) happens!

-Darren (proc) UM '88 and lifelong Tiger fan... ;-)

Proc said:
I've been to both of the "Roger's Games" (6-0 vs. Yankees and 3-0 vs. A's). I am speechless.

Go Tigers!

And Jimbos...only a few more weeks until your #1 Buckeyes and my #2 Wolverines (they'll get to #2 by November) happens!

-Darren (proc) UM '88 and lifelong Tiger fan... ;-)
Shoot Proc, Michigan will be # 2 tommorow.

Go Tigers ..... They now have a week to rest up !!! and Zoom, Zoom should be fine by then :) :up

Jimbo

Congrats to the Tigers, you guys were the best team in baseball for most of the year except for your little bump in the road in sept. just like the sox last year.Have fun in the world series

To tell the truth, this week off scares me, True Casey and Zumaya get healthy, but the rest of the team gets a chance to cool off. Hope I'm wrong about the latter.

To tell the truth, this week off scares me, True Casey and Zumaya get healthy, but the rest of the team gets a chance to cool off. Hope I'm wrong about the latter.

I think you will be wrong. Rest only helps our pitchers, and right now in the NL, Weaver, and Glavin are going on only 3 days rest. At this rate, whoever out of the NL meets Detroit, the pitchers are going to be worn out.

Worn out pitchers against rested bats equals sweep! :D

Well made points gentlemen. I was just pointing out that when you are in the zone, you want to keep going. I've seen pitchers lose it while their team had a long at bat. On the other hand somes players sit for a long while, and come back like they didn't miss a day. (Polanco). At any rate, I like what you guys are saying, and I'm hoping you both are right. GO TIGERS!

Is it me or is it getting way too cold to be playing baseball? I don't think the World Series should be starting when we're already half-way into the football season - it should be over by now.

Anyway, I feel the week off will benefit the Tiger's pitching staff. Let's hope for a sweep before it snows a foot or more.:)

Is it me or is it getting way too cold to be playing baseball? I don't think the World Series should be starting when we're already half-way into the football season - it should be over by now.

Anyway, I feel the week off will benefit the Tiger's pitching staff. Let's hope for a sweep before it snows a foot or more.:)

They mentioned last week one day that , that was the day the Tigers won the WS in '84, the addition of more playoff teams moves the WS out even farther.

They DO need to do something, maybe shorten the season back to 154 games
(i think it was) or better yet make it 140 games and then we don't have to shovel the playing field in April either. :eureka

Jimbo

I agree the schedule is too long, a shorter season is in order, but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. Question: do you add shelton or not? Maybe you keep the extra infielder in case of the double-switch, or do you add the left-handed pinch hitter/first baseman?

I agree the schedule is too long, a shorter season is in order, but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. Question: do you add shelton or not? Maybe you keep the extra infielder in case of the double-switch, or do you add the left-handed pinch hitter/first baseman?
If "I" had to choose, I would drop Nefi Perez and bring in Shelton, but thats just me, I really don't see why they got Nefi, he hasn't impressed me at all.

I would definatly find a way to get Shelton in there, today everyone was skeptical weather or not Casey would be able to go yet, It was not looking good, but roster is not due till at least Friday.

Other possibilities would be to drop Ramon Santiago, if Nefi stays ....
I feel bad that Mike Maroth is not there as well...
I hope he's allowed in the clubhouse and around the team ....

Jimbo

I agree with you sir. Leyland is now considering adding Miller and dropping Miner in order to add a left-handed arm to the pen. Tigers are now pretty much a consensus favorite to win the world series by the nations pundits. This scares me because they have played well as the underdog. A little while ago I was happy with them just making the playoffs. Then they beat the Yankme's, and swept the A's, and I thought, well I'm happy they made the series. Good enough. But now I've gotten greedy and I want the ring. I will be really depressed if they don't win it all.

I agree with you sir. Leyland is now considering adding Miller and dropping Miner in order to add a left-handed arm to the pen. Tigers are now pretty much a consensus favorite to win the world series by the nations pundits. This scares me because they have played well as the underdog. A little while ago I was happy with them just making the playoffs. Then they beat the Yankme's, and swept the A's, and I thought, well I'm happy they made the series. Good enough. But now I've gotten greedy and I want the ring. I will be really depressed if they don't win it all.

I have, and all baseball analysts, (I only listen to the ones who have played the game), have predicted all year long, that no NL team could take any AL team in the world series. I still feel that way!