Time Setting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

waylew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
northern WEST new york
A few days ago my AZBox Ultra stopped getting time set from the internet.My router,wired,sees it and it seems to be able to get to the net with no problems.It uses" time.mit.edu "to get the time,it times out/fails.I tried going there from the browser on my pc and that times out also,"Is It Down" says it's up.No changes had been made to anything prior to it's not working.
Any ideas ?

Well never mind.After taking the thing apart for a different issue,I found out it has a battery inside,dead.Replaced bat,put it back together and the clock set.So I'm guessin that was the problem.

Reactions: Brct203 and Cham
There's a battery inside the Azbox Ultra? Mine is many years old and still works like new... but the battery is obvoiusly original. You know I don't think I have ever taken it apart.
By the way would you mind sharing the battery model number? That way I can purchase one next time I am in the city so I don't have to take it apart twice. Many thanks!

battery inside,dead

My power went out the other day and my AZ Elite time was off. Same message from the time.mit.edu so I changed the URL to time.nist.gov and it synced.

Had the same problem. Just synced it to a correctly timed transponder, then changed it back to the internet, but it still didn't sync. Left it, and it must have synced to the internet later, as I didn't notice a time problem after that (and I always turn my receiver off at night). Just checked now, and it says "time synchronized successfully".

May have just been a coincidence that the mit time wasn't working but started working right after I changed the battery,who knows.Don't know what the battery is for and as dead as it was it likely was dead for quite some time.In any case the box is working now and that's really all I care about.:biggrin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts