time to say goodbye to AbsoluteHD???

My bill for HD Absolute (the penny Cinemax is not shown) is:

dishHD Absolute With Locals 34.99
dishHD Absolute With - Adjustment -5.00 (I forget how long I get this)
dishHD Absolute With - Adjustment -10.00 (I get this for 1 year)
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 5.98
State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 0.87

Monthly bill: $26.84

I guess the OP could add Showtime and come out to around $42.

Wow! What are those adjustments?

Wow! What are those adjustments?
Dish had a promotion a month or so ago where *existing* customers (including Absolute customers!) were able to get $10 per month off for a year and a HD DVR in exchange for a 2-year commitment. I've been out of contract for a long time and didn't need to replace my 622, so they gave me $5 per month off in exchange for not taking the DVR or the other thing they were offering.

There is a thread about that offer on this site, including a scan of the offer that was mailed out. I'm not planning on ever voluntarily leaving HD Absolute, so I was happy to agree to the 2-year commitment!

Sorry guys.
I meant cinemax , not showtime.

That just goes to show how much I watch TV.:p

For what I pay ,I am a happy camper.

But I revise what I said earlier.
If dish were to get rid of my package i would probably just drop to the lowest price service they have just to keep the DVR going for my OTA programing.

I tried to watch the season premier of house a couple of nights ago and finally had to just get up and walk away. I'll watch it later on when I can just skip the bloat.

I tried to watch the season premier of house a couple of nights ago and finally had to just get up and walk away. I'll watch it later on when I can just skip the bloat.

The cable networks are MUCH worse than broadcast tv right now - on many Food Network shows I count blocks of 6, 8, AND 10 thirty second commercials in EACH 30 minute show. That is TWELVE MINUTES of commercials in a 30 minute show! And if you take away the 'after the break we are going to show you this' and the 'before the break you saw this' bits we have to be looking at less than 15 minutes of actual program per 30 minute show!

Exactly... that is so annoying with the before the break and after the break repeat of things. I'm not retarded! I just saw that!

I never watching anything live anymore. If there is a show I really want to watch, I'll wait 15 minutes into the show before I start watching it. I can always find something that needs to be done around the house for 15 minutes.

My bill is $42 with locals and $.01/year Cinemax. Maybe he meant Cinemax rather than Showtime? You can't get the 3-month promo with HD Absolute:mad:
Yes I can. I got the 3 month showtime promo with HD Absolute. It just ended last week so I'm back to normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)