Time Warner steals your money

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thomasandsibylle

Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
Our home internet connection is provided by Time Warner’s Road Runner service. We have subscribed to the Extreme feature, yielding 10 mbps… at least on paper. In reality, we have had an extremely unreliable connection paired with Time Warner’s abysmal support. Dealing with them is such a mind numbing experience words can’t describe the incompetence of their staff. To make matters even worse, we are not talking about a company in business to rip its customers off, like Verizon, but rather a genuine failure at almost every level of support.

read the whole story:
Time Warner is sorry | Sibylle And Thomas

What is this non-sense about their server only being able to do 8mbit? I work for a company that was formerly timewarner and we do not have anything less then 100mbit in our hubs, and the interconnects are gige to 10gige

sounds like you have a split cable somewhere outside....As no way weather affects signal (could be split cable, open box, or bad ends letting water in your line)

First-time poster.... Do you think he'll be back ? Just joined too. I'll bet he's posting this same thing on every site he can.

That said, I'll ask the same as 'stevenl': First, what is this about their "server" only being able to handle 8Mb/s ? Besides, they don't use a "server" to provide your speed.... Second, doing a speed test on a site across the country is NOT testing TW's broadband connection, it is testing the internet and all of the points in between. To eliminate any outside influences or factors, you have to test INSIDE the company's network. If they're providing you with your rated speeds between your home and their central location or at any point before you go out onto the internet, they've done their job.

or could be a cracked feeder, or the router is nosiey. You need to see if you can when the next tech comes out ask for a maintenance tech, then when he comes out ask him if a sweep tech can come out. Check the router see what the SNR looks like. If your in a neighborhood that is "high cable theft" having a nosiey router is the norm. Or if one of your neighbors did some of there own wiring and its sending back noise, or maybe some form of CPD could be causeing it. usually 9 out of 10 times slow browsing is caused by a noisey node.

they described their side of the connection as their 'server'.

we live in an area that used to be served by Adelphia. According to a few people in the level 3 support, up to 8190kbps can be delivered, so that puts us at about 80% of the advertised rate.

Now, this means the real max rate is 80% of the advertised one. But the real rate is still 25% of the advertised one.

Because obviously they would be wrong. The upstream itself is capable of around 40mbit on the cable from one upstream channel. downstream as well. So the limit is not at the cable. The cards in the hub are likely 100mbit, (if they are anything else its possible to be 10mbit, but HIGHLY unlikely but even at 10mbit its what they advertise) So where is the 8mbit coming from? They dont make 8mbit cards... They dont make anything lower then 10 that someone would buy.

I went through something similar with them for over 4 months. I laughed when they said satellite goes out when it rains and it was my high speed internet that did instead.
After 4 months they finally found way down the line where squirrels had chewed the cable. They finally ran new cable and I finally didnt lose my internet every time it rained. As Stevenl said above, I think they had to send out the maintenance or line tech to check.

Our home internet connection is provided by Time Warner’s Road Runner service. We have subscribed to the Extreme feature, yielding 10 mbps… at least on paper. In reality, we have had an extremely unreliable connection paired with Time Warner’s abysmal support. Dealing with them is such a mind numbing experience words can’t describe the incompetence of their staff. To make matters even worse, we are not talking about a company in business to rip its customers off, like Verizon, but rather a genuine failure at almost every level of support.

read the whole story:
Time Warner is sorry | Sibylle And Thomas
I too have Roadrunner and I chose the cheapest package because through research I realized that the download and upload speeds are almost the same for all of their packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts