Timeless

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I predict that this show will do well, get renewed for a second season, & then get moved to Grimm's Friday night time slot. What sounds like suicide on NBC's part actually makes sense, get a hit show that follows the Voice(until people get sick of watching the Voice), then move the show to another night, hoping its fans will follow, & claim that night in ratings. Potentially dominate all nights(Sunday-Friday) instead of just Monday night. It looks like NBC has abandoned sitcoms.
As they should. They haven't had a good record with sitcoms since the 90s with Seinfeld and Friends.

In this day and age, does it really matter what day and time shows are on? Or is my opinion skewed because I'm on this board and know about DVRs, PrimeTime Anytime, streaming apps from the various program providers, etc.?

Regarding "Timeless" I will watch to see how well they deal with temporal matters. 40 years of Doctor Who means I've pretty much seen every plot complication dealing with Time. 50 years ago ABC had "Time Tunnel" which trapped two researchers in the past (and sometimes the future). So we'll see what they will come up with. I do like Goran Visnjic so I have high hopes.
n00b only been watching the Doctor for forty years! I wish DW would do some historical stories again like "Marco Polo" or "The Aztecs." Every episode doesn't have to be about aliens.

While I enjoyed the premise of the show nothing really stood out about it either. Non of the characters are particularly strong acting wise. I agree this could be the replacement for Grimm's time slot.
I share your opinion. It's borrowing heavily from the old "Time Tunnel" from the sixties...that only lasted one season.

I was looking forward to it but the first episode did not grab me and I do not even recall the names of the main characters. I will give it another try or two but I suspect I will not be a regular viewer.

I'll continue to watch, unless I no longer find it interesting.

I'm all into time travel shows, it was good to see they sent them to the past with some money.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Loved the Lincoln story. It was so real when the bad guy shoots Lincoln and Lucy prevents him from shooting Grant. Her dress sprayed with Lincoln's blood made it feel so real. The whole thing with Lincoln's son Todd going on a date with Lucy to the Play was cool too. Made it feel so personable. But, I think it is funny that when they changed history, the woman supervisor back in the present told her : "close enough" about who was Lincoln's assassin, even though it is listed as unknown person who did it instead of Booth. I still wonder what this bad guy is trying to do when he says he isn't trying to "destroy the country but save it. " Unless he has been to the far future, to see what happens to our country and came back to change it . Unless he is referring to our present he doesn't like and is trying to change it so it doesn't happen. But then again , why did he kill his whole family or did he ? Maybe the Riddenhouse guy who is working on the project is really trying to destroy the country like the bad guy is saying? Either way I love this show so far.:clapping

Reactions: DJdish
It's from the same guy (Kripke) who did Heroes so I suspect it will be convoluted and unrecognizable by the time it's done. I do like it a lot so far.

Loved that episode too.

I agree with MikeD, I think the bad guy has been already to the future, if I'm not mistaken he showed Lucy her diary (in the pilot episode) and Lucy said I haven't written that, bad guy said not yet, so he implied that he already went to the future and that's how he was able to secure that diary.

i hope this show stays good.

So far I like it, I enjoyed the plot, I like the fact that they sent Lucy with money so she could go shopping, very convenient when traveling to the past. :biggrin The Time Tunnel guys from the 70's would have loved that for sure.

This time travel assignment would seem like an easy job, punch in at 9 to travel to the past, be back at home at dinner time in the present, except that maybe the present has changed by the time you get back, just like Lucy came back and found she had no sister, and she's now engaged,:imconfused

I'd like to see an episode where they send the trio to the Titanic, maybe they could save some lives, even at the cost of changing history.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Time-machine1960georgepal.jpg Still my idea of a time machine...

Knowing someone's future and that they must die to keep the Time Line intact provides a great moral dilemma. I mean, Lucy already knows that her original Time Line is forever lost (can't go back to the Hindenburg for a do-over) so at this point, she's working with bad data. How does she even know if her Time Line is the "right" one? What if Grant was supposed to die, too?

And what happens if something they do prevents the Time Capsule from being invented? That would be the ultimate "Oops"…

—Roland

She is a historian and knows how history is supposed to have had happened, so saving Grant ,who became the president later in life, was the right thing to do if you are trying to keep the original timeline intact. If they interfere with the creation of the time machine itself , then you have a paradox.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: DJdish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)