Timeless

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That's what I love about time travel tv shows, so many possibilities

Because it's a tv show they could do a lot of things with these, if I remember correctly I've even seen tv shows, with the time travel element, incurring in several alternate time lines, at the same time, if I could use such wording....

Yep, so far the original timeline has been altered.

I wonder what else will change now, since the writers are OK with doing that.

How about leaving behind one of the time travelers, in the past or future, that could be interesting.

I liked reading the Larry Niven series of short stories based on "Flight of the Horse". There, the time machine was anchored in the future so it would always return to the same starting point. But the further back they went, the farther from "reality" the machine would go, so when he was sent back for a horse, our reluctant protagonist came back with a unicorn.

Niven thought that a Time Machine is by it's very definition a fantasy device, since having a time machine would allow you to travel back to a point where your very presence in the past would influence the future in such a way that the time machine doesn't get invented. It doesn't take much, and the further back you travel, the smaller the disturbance is needed to stop the time machine existing in the first place. Eventually, the Universe gets to a state in which the time machine is never created, and finishes in a linear fashion without any loops.

I liked reading the Larry Niven series of short stories based on "Flight of the Horse". There, the time machine was anchored in the future so it would always return to the same starting point. But the further back they went, the farther from "reality" the machine would go, so when he was sent back for a horse, our reluctant protagonist came back with a unicorn.

Niven thought that a Time Machine is by it's very definition a fantasy device, since having a time machine would allow you to travel back to a point where your very presence in the past would influence the future in such a way that the time machine doesn't get invented. It doesn't take much, and the further back you travel, the smaller the disturbance is needed to stop the time machine existing in the first place. Eventually, the Universe gets to a state in which the time machine is never created, and finishes in a linear fashion without any loops.
WOW! That is really a cool idea. My head kind of hurts thinking about it, but cool. :confused:

Time travel is staple of most sci fi tv shows and they can all deal with it a little different. On Flash , he can go back unlimited amount of times to the same point in history, change it , or put it back like it was. He can even see his earlier incarnation in the same point of time he traveled to again and interact with him. This is the first time I can remember a show where you can't go back to a point that you have already visited. I wonder if they do and they see themselves or touch themselves , if that causes a melt down like in Time Cop when the older senator touched his younger self he completely merged together and then melted to a mess of crap.:eeek

The plot device, can't go back to a place we've already been, is to prevent them from trying to re-fix anything that gets screwed-up the first time they visited that time. Technically, if they stayed away from any location they'd been to the in the first visit, then the paradox issue doesn't arise...of course, remembering every part of the first visit with perfect detail would be necessary, and that isn't too likely. Time-travel is fun stuff!

Loved that episode too.

I'd like to see an episode where they send the trio to the Titanic, maybe they could save some lives, even at the cost of changing history.

aAybe they could run into the guys from the Time Tunnel who went there in the pilot. Bound to bump into Sam Beckett once or teice too.

aAybe they could run into the guys from the Time Tunnel who went there in the pilot. Bound to bump into Sam Beckett once or teice too.

That would be interesting :)

Another interesting option IMO would be to travel to the II WW, even though that would require to be really careful, otherwise our heroes could change history dramatically and return to the present only to find out that everybody speaks German......:coco

That would be interesting :)

Another interesting option IMO would be to travel to the II WW, even though that would require to be really careful, otherwise our heroes could change history dramatically and return to the present only to find out that everybody speaks German......:coco
Just watched "DC Legends of Tomorrow" and something similar to that is about what happened. They went to 1942 and some how Eban Than(time traveler from far off future) from the Flash show, had managed to kidnap Einstein's female assistant ,who helped him come up with the first atomic bomb in 1945. So they used it to give the Nazi's the atomic bomb first and they bombed New York city first in 1942. The world war went till 1948 because of it, but the allies still won. So no German accent but the history was definitely changed.

Reactions: DJdish
I wonder if Lucy will try to do something to get her sister back.

She knows that her sister was very real at some point in time, could she go back in time but to that other timeline (let me call it the original one), and bring her sister back with her to the present, whatever her present is now......

Well, that presents some choices for Lucy: healthy mom, no sister...or sick mom and a sister. Engaged, or not engaged...and besides...she'd have to risk a paradox with the Hindenberg again to fix it, and I don't think they'll let her try that one... She'd have to try to find a different nexus point to put things back the way they were...

I've been collecting these but haven't yet watched. Looking forward to binge watching, perhaps over Thanksgiving break.

I thought I set up this show to record but it just recorded the first one even though there was a season pass for it. Don't know what happened.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Go and get the Nbc app and you can watch all of the episodes-but you will watch commercials.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Your loss. I continue to like this show. Kind of reminds me of Quantum Leap but with a time machine.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I'm still in, I checked the ratings and so far the execs at NBC should be glad.

This show was above Scorpion (CBS) and Conviction (ABC) on the demo.

I like Lucy.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)