Timeless

Time is proving to be a lot more impervious to change than I would have thought. Flynn's actions have caused people to be killed at an earlier time than the Prime Timeline and now there is photographic evidence that Lucy has been Time Traveling.

I did like the Chicago Exposition episode. And will Lucy her get her sister back?

Good question.

I think that when Lucy and her team started time traveling, they were firm believers in keeping their time line intact, but by now, I do believe, that they really don't care about that anymore.

Having said that, I think Lucy will now do whatever is necessary to get her sister back even if that means changing even more the Time Line and doing things she wasn't supposed to do.

And I think the guy (What's his name?) is now ready to do whatever is necessary to change things and therefore prevent her wife from dying in the first place, even if that means, killing the man who killed her, or killing his father to prevent him from being born....

So what's the "Prime Directive" to Time Travel" in this series? Is it you can't co-exist in the Time Line, or you can't go back to a Time when you existed? I mean, the atoms that make up the Team have existed for billions of years, just not in a form we call "Lucy", "Rufus", and "Wyatt". I think that was the reason Flynn told Wyatt he had to take out Jessica's murderer's parents and not the murderer.

I did a search on Bass Reeves from the story they showed this week. He was real and he was a U.S. marshal that died in 1910. He arrested over 3000 felons and shot and killed around 43 people in his career. He was born in Arkansas in 1836 , black , married and had 11 children. He looked like the character in the episode that played him ,down to the mustache and he was the basis for the "Lone Ranger" stories. This is the second time I learned something about Black history that I never knew from this show. First the story about the black women from NASA in the 1960s that helped get the astronauts to the moon and now about the Lone Ranger being black , not white and a U.S. Marshal. I am fascinated that this show is telling sci-fy stories that blend real history into it, that you can really learn from.
GREAT SHOW!!

My favorite show of the 2016-2017 season.

:grinbounce

Reactions: Foxbat
well mondays at 10pm is against monday night football, bad for any show
Not a problem, now. But somehow I can't imagine there's too much crossover between Sci-Fi / History geeks and Football fans. Some, but not huge numbers.
i rarely watch live tv anymore, skipping commercials just cuts down on time required to watch a show
And there is the rub with Network programming these days. Between on-demand Apps and DVRs, who watches Live Episodic TV nowadays? Hopefully Dish and DirecTV are providing watch numbers whenever someone plays "Timeless" to NBC (along with the other DVR paid-service providers) so NBC executives can make an informed decision about renewing this great show.

And I'm sure the DVR watching has a negative effect for the advertisers. I like using the NBC App since I can easily put up with the national ads and tune them out easier than the locals. The deal is, advertisers pay for the ad slots during the shows we watch, and the more viewers the more money NBC can collect and use to pay for shows like "Timeless". If this show disappears from NBC, how much hope is there that it might reappear on SyFy?

If NBC cancels this show, I don't think it could reappear on Syfy or anywhere else.

When NBC cancelled the sci-fi show The Event some years ago, there was some talk about the possibility of Netflix bringing it back, didn't happen, unfortunately for me.

Looking forward to find out, how come that woman, who apparently was the first time traveler ended up hiding, and what is the thing she says Flynn doesn't know......

Looking forward to find out, how come that woman, who apparently was the first time traveler ended up hiding, and what is the thing she says Flynn doesn't know......

I'd like to know how she recharged batteries for all those laptops and such she had in her cabin. I didn't see any solar panels anywhere...

I'd like to know how she recharged batteries for all those laptops and such she had in her cabin. I didn't see any solar panels anywhere...

Exactly, good point, if she escaped, Did she have time to pack all that equipment, but forgot a little detail like how to charge them?
How come she packed all of that equipment, but she didn't bring enough beer with her to the past?

I mean assuming she really loves beer.....

I hope somebody will explain how come the hero's wife is still dead after he achieved his mission, but the other two women are alive?
:confused:

I hope somebody will explain how come the hero's wife is still dead after he achieved his mission, but the other two women are alive?
:confused:

I think it is likely Flynn gave Wyatt the wrong man. Random killer or were those women significant in some way? I also can't help to wonder what changes the death of the bartender might have caused. They don't seem to cover all the possible implications of the changes they make to the past.

Obviously the man in prison didn't kill Jessica. Either Flynn lied to Wyatt or he got bad information or he intentionally fed him half truths to bate him in to doing exactly what he did. Meaning when he came back to the present ,he would be arrested by homeland security and off the team with Lucy, who he is following in her future diary and Rufus. I want to know how they fix Wyatt's dilemma? In the previews for next week I see no Wyatt . I really don't see them letting him back on the team and free of charges.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)