Tired of Waiting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
Since they haven't fixed the Whole Home Bug yet (4 months) and they want me to upgrade the 2 bedroom DVR's to fix the problem. Does anyone know what boxes they will make me get.?
I will loose my East - West feeds of CBS and FOX that I've had for 18 years, but I really need the whole home from my master bedroom since I can only record 5 shows on the genie.
I'm also going to cancel HBO & Showtime and I guess I should do that before I upgrade my equipment and get locked into another 2 year deal?
You can see my DVR's in my signature.
Thanks

Upgrading will not solve the whole home bug. It only applies to a system with the new GUI and additional receivers which is why AZ does not see it, and mdram because he has an HR34 which does not have the GUI.
In any case there are no upgrades to the HR series DVRs other than moving to clients which is not really an upgrade. I suggest you hold off on changing the hardwareuntil DirecTV actually fixes the whole home bug.

There isn't even a way to know If they are working on It, when I call they sure act like It's my fault. I guess I'll tell them to quit charging the 3 bucks for Whole Home and wait a while longer.
Thanks Tex

the bug where some shows dont appear in the list?
some say 1104 fixes this

but if you have a genie, you cant get rid of whole home

The only way a show appears on the Genie Is If I start watching It first In the bedroom for a few min. then It may show up on the List. Otherwise nothing shows up from either bedroom. Now the 2 bedroom DVR's can see each other just fine.

I talked with them today and got someone that knew what she was talking about, She said they are working on the problem and will let me know when It's fixed. Then I canceled Starz and Showtime.

Genie hard drive died yesterday lost all my recording's, In 20 years this is a first for us but I still want to cry about all my shows I didn't get around to watching. They said it would be 3 business days to get a replacement unit mailed to me ( You every notice things die on Thursday?) so I can only "watch" TV in the main room. I guess I shouldn't have griped about the bug in the new guide. lol

Genie hard drive died yesterday lost all my recording's, In 20 years this is a first for us but I still want to cry about all my shows I didn't get around to watching. They said it would be 3 business days to get a replacement unit mailed to me ( You every notice things die on Thursday?) so I can only "watch" TV in the main room. I guess I shouldn't have griped about the bug in the new guide. lol
Just be grateful you don't have an HS17.

Reactions: harshness
You can check to see if Whole Home is authorized on your server. Go to Settings - Whole-Home. It should say if its authorized. If its not you should call in and asked to have it authorized.

Since Directv requires you to have whole home it should be automatic that you get it. Probably doesn't work that way, though.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)