Titanium ASC-1 - Read Firmware Version ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moonbase

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2015
UK
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to find out which firmware version is loaded onto my ASC-1?

Thx

From the Main Menu, scroll all the way to the bottom and it will have it read out on the display.

Reactions: Titanium
IMG_20160812_190702716.jpg

Many thx for the replies.

My problem seems to be that I cannot find a way to navigate to the main menu? Do I need to use the remote control to get to the main menu, or, do I need an actuator connected to the ASC-1 to get to the main menu. I have never used the unit before, I hope to flash the latest firmware and a satellite list before putting it into service.

:welcome to the forum Dushy Squirt :) The ASC1 is a wonderful tool and provides us with many options. The best bet would be to go through the manual and familiarize yourself with the controls. There is a lock button on the front panel which shuts off the remote and front panel so the kids can't play ;)
http://www.titaniumsatellite.com/manuals

OK, got it sorted, many thanks for your help, the unit is running firmware version 20140903.01.

I can see where I was going wrong, the unit only keeps the main menu up for a short period of time after booting up and the remote control needs to be used to bring back up the main menu. I was trying button presses on the front of the unit to get back to the main menu.

The ASC-1 does seem to be a well made and well specified dish mover, certainly a step up from a v-box.

Thx

I can see where I was going wrong, the unit only keeps the main menu up for a short period of time after booting up and the remote control needs to be used to bring back up the main menu
Press the "-" minus key on the front panel a few times and you will see return to main menu. Hit OK and then you are back to the main menu and no remote needed. :)

All sorted now with the menus, many thx for all the help.

I am in the process of creating a custom satellite list using one of the csv template lists from the Titaniuim web site. Would anyone know if the satellite name has a field size restriction for the number of characters and spaces it can contain for an upload to the ASC-1?

Thx

All sorted now with the menus, many thx for all the help.

I am in the process of creating a custom satellite list using one of the csv template lists from the Titaniuim web site. Would anyone know if the satellite name has a field size restriction for the number of characters and spaces it can contain for an upload to the ASC-1?

Thx
I believe 14 characters is the size.

I have upgraded the firmware on the ASC-1 to the latest version, all seemed to proceed OK.

I have a question about Diseqc, LNB and Servo Polarity settings if anyone can please help?
I plan to use the ASC-1 as an isolated unit with only an actuator connected to it, it will simply be a dish mover, nothing else. I will not be connecting an LNB to the ASC-1 and I will not be using DisEqc or any polarity servo units. Do I need to do any configuration in the ASC-1 apart from the satellite positions and just totally ignore everything to do with DisEqc, LNB and Servo Polarity settings?

Thx

Correct you can ignore everything else, expect perhaps the back-light setting. :)

Many thx for your help.

I have one last question for now if anyone can please help? Normally when I setup a polar mount or an H-H motor I get it all aligned on due South and can set the polar arc from that point using a digital inclinometer. When I connect up the ASC-1 to a new dish installation I think the manual said the ASC-1 assumes that the dish is just inside the motors East or West mechanical limit? Is it possible to "pre-set" the ASC-1 to a "dummy" stored satellite position at 0.1W before connecting the motor wires, possibly by uploading an edited satellite list?

Thx

Two ways I use. The counter starts at 0000 so I move the dish to where I want that to be and do a reset. But since I'm a hands on tinkerer, I have a bench motor with no limit system. I hook this to the ASC1 and program it, then move it to where my dish is pointed. Then hook it up to my system. When you have your positions set the ASC1 will remember where it is when you change your satellite list.

[
Two ways I use. The counter starts at 0000 so I move the dish to where I want that to be and do a reset. But since I'm a hands on tinkerer, I have a bench motor with no limit system. I hook this to the ASC1 and program it, then move it to where my dish is pointed. Then hook it up to my system. When you have your positions set the ASC1 will remember where it is when you change your satellite list.

Thx for the reply.

Does the ASC-1 positioner count of 0000 start at the extreme West point and increase to +nnnn at the extreme East point? Also, can the positioner count go negative under any circumstances or is is only possible to have positive values.

Thx

The counter does go West to East and it will do negative numbers. When I first got the ASC1 I was using negative numbers, but abandoned that practice because of the issues that can cause in your way of thinking. I found it better to forget about how those other boxes work and just let the ASC1 do it's own thing.

Hi,

I'm back... :glasses

I am at the stage where I have created a custom satellite list ready to load onto the ASC-1. My question is, do I need to populate the 2nd column of the satellite list with any values for satellite pulse count positions or can I upload the list with this column completely empty?. My plan is to place the dish at the extreme West point of the arc and then work my way East, storing satellite positions as I go.

I have uploaded the csv satellite list just in case it is useful to anyone.

Thx

Attachments

• ASC1_SatelliteList_C_Ku_Ka_2016_08_14.zip
    848 bytes · Views: 164
All hail King Gohl... !!

This ASC-1 is the best dish mover I used since them old Echostar AD3600 IRD's with intergrated positioner. Them v-boxes is a scum box compared to these ASC-1 boxes.

Reactions: Titanium and KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)