Titanium C2W-PLL Troubles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Well, it's been going for a bit of time i think. I have had problems before and it corrected itself or a power cycle fixed it.. I didn't know what exactly was wrong, well, after swapping cables and and taking my signal tester outside, i now know 100% that LNBF port 1 is no longer allowing signal. I tested by using a patch cable to the signal tester directly to the LNBF. Cable screwed into LNB 2, works, cable screwed into LNB1 doesn't work, and i even tested a second cable with the same result.

Luckily i have a spare C2PLL that is still unopened from the box that was planned for another dish.

Hey, Titanium, how long are your warranties for these things? I think its about 1-2 years old. If I'm out of luck, i guess ill have to buy another one so i can replace the one i unboxed...

I wonder what happened? Can i open this thing up and see if something got corroded? The device looks in outstanding condition except for a little bit of rust where the screw clamps down on the LNBF to hold it in place.

I have multiple satellite receivers hooked into one RG6, BUT, they are all behind a Voltage DC line block. But, never directly, as I have the C2PLL ports plugged into a Aspen 5x4 multi switch, and that C2PLL has never been plugged into anything else, except when testing with my portable signal tester.

I have multiple satellite receivers hooked into one RG6, BUT, they are all behind a Voltage DC line block. But, never directly, as I have the C2PLL ports plugged into a Aspen 5x4 multi switch, and that C2PLL has never been plugged into anything else, except when testing with my portable signal tester.

How can they work if they are all behind a voltage block? How do they select V or H transponders then?

Maybe a C2W-PLL? We don't yet offer a C2=PLL (with filter). Maybe a moderator could edit the title to avoid confusion?

Look to see if the center cinch inside the F-fitting is bent open (too wide apart) and not making contact with the coax center stinger. This is a typical problem with F-fittings that may happen if the coax was attached and removed many times or a thick stinger (like RG-11) was used or a long or bent stinger was inserted. It is unusual for a port to be completely dead . More likely to fail to output only a single polarity.

If you would like it tested for warranty, send it in. Titanium Satellite C1/C2 LNBFs have a lifetime warranty against component defect or assembly. Of course, electrical events, acts of nature and physical damage would not covered. If the failure is warranty, we only ask that you cover the shipping cost for return for testing.

Maybe a C2W-PLL? We don't yet offer a C2=PLL (with filter). Maybe a moderator could edit the title to avoid confusion?

Look to see if the center cinch inside the F-fitting is bent open (too wide apart) and not making contact with the coax center stinger. This is a typical problem with F-fittings that may happen if the coax was attached and removed many times or a thick stinger (like RG-11) was used or a long or bent stinger was inserted. It is unusual for a port to be completely dead . More likely to fail to output only a single polarity.

If you would like it tested for warranty, send it in. Titanium Satellite C1/C2 LNBFs have a lifetime warranty against component defect or assembly. Of course, electrical events, acts of nature and physical damage would not covered. If the failure is warranty, we only ask that you cover the shipping cost for return for testing.

Since we're on the subject of dual output LNBF's, I have a question. I recently reinstalled my wife's receiver in the other room after the remodeling was finished. Both the main and second receivers are identical brands and model. Start TV has always been marginal on signal. However, the main TV in the living room will, most of the time, lock Start TV without a hitch, but the one in her TV room breaks up a lot.

Right now, both receivers are HDVR3500's and both are hooked to an 8 way switch, both new. I've retuned the dish, and still have a problem, but even the other channels on this satellite, Decades, MeTV, Grit and H&I are having issues with locking. I've noticed an overall power drop on SES-1 lately, and I heard someone else mention it the other day. These channels are coming in on a Perfect 10, 7.5 foot dish. I've never had a problem receiving these channels on this dish until lately.

Tweaking the dish doesn't help the signal level. Start TV has always had a 64/45 signal, which I know is marginal, but MeTV has even dropped from 75/60 to 65/50. I'm getting ready to swap this dish with a 10 footer, but I'd be interested in knowing what you think.

Reactions: martin-f
OOOOOOO the beauty of the C2W-PLL. i have had so much fun with that lnbf grrrr. i can tell you one thing be careful with it god its like a baby lol. Titanium knows what im talking about maybe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)