Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
01/04/2014
Update on the ASC1 DiSEqC/22KHz command control and pass-through:

We will be contacting all ASC1 owners over the next few weeks and arranging to ship a new ASC1 controller with null modem serial cable at absolutely no charge. Why is Titanium Satellite sending a new ASC1 controller to every current owner?

We have discovered during extensive testing over the past 10 days that the ASC1 was not performing to the specifications that we approved for manufacturing and providing 100% of the functions represented to our customers. We modified the firmware and processes, but could not guaranty 100% reliable control. We determined that the manufacturing build did not use the pre-approved components or design resulting in unacceptable performance. The factory will be replacing all shipped units at no cost to the buyers. We will cover all replacement shipping cost and the new units will be shipped without requiring an advanced return of the current ASC1.

Titanium Satellite will be contacting ASC1 owners starting about January 15th and confirming the shipping and contact information for the replacement ASC1 to be shipped. Please do not contact us at this time for an advanced exchange as this is not possible until the new stock is available. We anticipate that all new ASC1 units will be shipped to current owners by the end of January. If you did not purchase your ASC1 directly from Titanium satellite, please verify the replacement shipping information directly with your reseller.

A free equipment replacement process is unprecedented in the FTA community. We hope that this effort will demonstrate to the satellite community our commitment to our customers and products. We are 100% committed to providing excellent customer support and guaranteed performance. The best way to accomplish this process is with minimum impact to our customers is to provide a brand new unit to all early ASC1 adopters, rather than require an advanced return the customer's original unit and rework for return. Providing and new unit should provide minimal impact experience for ASC1 owners. We apologize for the inconvenience that this flawed ASC1 performance may have caused and will work with every owner to ensure that the ASC1 provides the experience that we promised!

I am available to answer any questions about this process or to address any concerns. Thank you for your support of Titanium Satellite!

I'm speechless, Brain!! In my entire dealings with FTA equipment manufacturers, vendors and middle men, I have NEVER heard of or read about this incredible step you took to back up/preserve your product image and keep your customers satisfied! You're the man amongst men. If only others in your line of work can think and operate the way you do this hobby will be a lot more fun! Thanks for what you do and continue to do.:D

Last edited:
You the Man Brian!

It takes a Big person to admit to a problem and a even Bigger person to go the extra mile to see that that problem is taken care of to his and my satisfaction ..

Thank You Brain

brian, when will the asc1 be shipped to me? not a problem because both my g box and v box are working well. however, if there is a long delay, would it be possible to ship the lnbf stuff? thanks, charlie

Charlie,

Did you not receive the update email after we talked on the phone?

The new version hardware is arriving next week and will ship ASAP upon testing approval. Thanks for your patience!

If you have any concerns or questions, please call or email.

finally got that computer booted up. for some reason it has booting problems but that's the one where the email was at. got the email ok so understand. will wait for the controller and the lnbf and other stuff. thanks, charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)