Titanium's New Product....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
iDreamX is Dreamset for MAC: tooloosoft

I do not own a MAC so I cannot say if it works (or not).

This is the PC version: Dreamset Settings Editor

The key here is to give your Edision box a static IP so that you can always have access to your STB through Dreamset and the web gateway without having to always check to see which IP the box grabbed via DHCP.

Will it support XML files such as those from satellites.xml creator
You have received many suggestions for satellite / service name editing. Beside supporting USB keyboard and mouse, also interfaces with Bluetooth remote controls and Bluetooth keyboards.

Satellites.xml is a plugin available for most images. No need to import as the satellites can be selected and installed using the plugin.

would like to be able to have my own background during boot process.
The boot image is included in the bootloader. It is quite easy to use a custom .mvi file for all other backgrounds like the main or radio, etc.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Hmm... if this would work, I could probably edit on my Mac via the browser. That would be great. Otherwise, I would have to run a virtual machine via VirtualBox or something similar, install Windows, and try it that way. Haven't had a physical PC in several years.

Buy one. If you don't have the money right now, use PayPal credit. Pay it off interest-free over 6 months. That's what I did/am doing.

I guarantee you'll be amazed and delighted at the capabilities of this receiver. No more constant searching for "the ONE" that does what you want, because THIS is the ONE. It's so new on the market the only way to go is UP from here as we learn more and more just what all it can do as more options are built and/or ported to run on it.

Buy one. If you don't have the money right now, use PayPal credit. Pay it off interest-free over 6 months. That's what I did.

I guarantee you'll be amazed and delighted at the capabilities of this receiver. No more constant searching for "the ONE" that does what you want, because THIS is the ONE. It's so new on the market the only way to go is UP from here as we learn more and more just what all it can do as more options are built and/or ported to run on it.

Yes this is the one until the next one comes out...sorry but that’s progress. Don’t get me wrong, Brian has given us a super box...but the super-duper box is being developed and hopefully Brian will give us that one as well -

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Basic question...

Where do you download the different Enigma images for the Edison mio 4k?

OpenPLI
OpenVIX
The North American Project (SatDreamGR mod)

I've got Octagon SF4008 and SF8008 and have sources for its images, such as OpenATV.

Ok, I'm presently running the NA Project SatDreamGR image in slot #2 that I was given by El Bandido, so I'm not sure if it's just an RC version, but it could be, so YMMV.

Anyway, I'm using the Mio with a Sadoun G-box positioner. I finally figured out that IF I want the G-box to power down and up automatically with the Mio when setting a timer (I DO), you MUST put the Mio in "Deep Standby" mode. That must be its true "OFF" mode. That of course is if a timer kicks off when you aren't actually using the receiver at the time.

If you just do a simple "power off" with the remotes red power button, it only goes into a low-power standby mode and shuts off the front led's, but the receiver is really live, and the external usb drive stays live also and doesn't sleep. That going in and out of standby mode does NOT automatically power the G-box on and off.

In other words, IF the Mio is in that remote control power button regular standby mode and you have set a timer, it won't also power up a shutdown G-box and move it to another sat when it comes out of standby for the timer kick-off. Maybe that function can be tweaked somewhere in the image to do so out of regular standby, but if so, I don't know as of yet.

Reactions: PBSer
MSRP shows on his site as $185, so we are getting a $10 savings buying now. It still says there's 7 left. Cheaper than importing yourself from an overseas seller, and you get Brian's support buying from him, which is worth a LOT, IMO.
ah you beat me to it - sorry i had not seen your post. I agree, that buying from someone like Brian is the way to go. I really like what i'm reading about that receiver, and am seriously considering getting one. But I just had some very large expenses (not related to satellite stuff) and need to wait a bit, hence my curiosity about the price and availability.

PayPal credit. 6 months, same as cash. Just pay it all off before the final 6 month deadline, and you pay NO interest. They've never made a dime of profit off me, and I've used that for years, but always pay it off. It used to be called "Bill Me Later".

It's almost like using a credit card, BUT, safer because the merchant doesn't see your pay info, and they offer that 6 month thing for anything over $99.00

PayPal Credit | Line of Credit | PayPal US

This also has a Mon-Fri timer ability, unlike any ALI based receiver I've used! No more setting up multiple individual weekly timers for Mon-Fri only shows. Or using the ALI "daily" recording, which also records Saturday and Sunday when you don't need it to. That alone cuts way down on timer conflicts. Also the internet clock is absolutely dead on time, and doesn't drift as I have it set to re-sync once per hour. No more resyncing manually every two weeks or so.

So this receiver has been flawless up to now, in turning on both it and my G-box, moving to the proper sat, and tuning in and recording channels I want. If you aren't using it at the time though as I said a few posts up, it must be in "Deep Standby" mode to also power up/down the G-box and external hard drive when it comes up. Otherwise you MUST leave those devices turned ON all the time, and then the Mio can just be kept in NORMAL standby mode.

P.S. So, I'm watching a recording in "PVR" mode, but am sitting on sat 101W and I have a 'test' timer setup to go to 99W FETV at 1600 - 1700 to record Perry Mason. The G-box went to sleep while I was watching the recording, and powered down. At 15 seconds before 1600~ the Mio powered up the G-box, moved to 99w, tuned in FETV, and started recording Perry Mason. It did NOT throw me out of my recording I was watching at the time. It did it all in the background! The MicroHD always threw me out of a recording I was watching when a timer kicked off, which is quite annoying.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts