Tivo Time Warp Patent is Valid according to PTO

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
whatchel1 said:
I think harshness is correct on this and that they can't be added at this point anymore.
All TiVo needs to do is claim contempt of court if the ViP series isn't more than colorably different from the eight I listed earlier. No new action would be needed.

I think harshness is correct on this and that they can't be added at this point anymore.
I'll defer to Greg Bimson since he accurately portrayed the course of events in this case and, more importantly, I find myself getting ill merely talking about this case again. I think I've had all the Tivo vs EchoStar I can stomach for one lifetime.

Thanks for the clarification all - I re-read Greg's post and realize he's saying almost the opposite of what I was suggesting. Although Greg's opinions on the subject over the past few years have been correct more often than not, I hope whatchel1 and harshness have it right this time

sounds good

I'll defer to Greg Bimson since he accurately portrayed the course of events in this case and, more importantly, I find myself getting ill merely talking about this case again. I think I've had all the Tivo vs EchoStar I can stomach for one lifetime.

So does that mean we won't see you posting anymore? :cool:

So I guess adding audio sync, responsiveness and skipping problems weren't different enough to prevent a copyright infringement. :D:D:D

So does that mean we won't see you posting anymore? :cool:
No, not while there are still rubes, fanboys and their ilk spreading misinformation. These people often spend 90% of their time posting in one particular forum (e.g., like the Dish Network forum) and are incapable of linear thinking due to sipping kook-aid and viewing life through puce-colored glasses. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but I don't much care for these types because they ignore the rules, associate with other like-minded individuals, and cowardly attack others (and proudly display this fact in their signature line) who do not agree with their shallow range of experiences - you know the type. ;)

No, not while there are still rubes, fanboys and their ilk spreading misinformation. These people often spend 90% of their time posting in one particular forum (e.g., like the Dish Network forum) and are incapable of linear thinking due to sipping kook-aid and viewing life through puce-colored glasses. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but I don't much care for these types because they ignore the rules, associate with other like-minded individuals, and cowardly attack others (and proudly display this fact in their signature line) who do not agree with their shallow range of experiences - you know the type. ;)

No I can't say I do. :D I stay here cause I have E* and know it's better than going to forums where I know nothing about the equipment like some that left ages ago. In fact there's a mod that should not post over here as he has forgotten what it's like to have a good single HD DVR as where he went it takes 2 to do the same as a VIP. BTW it sure is fun to jerk some peoples chains. I just express in my signature the truth about howling fire in a crowded building. :rolleyes:

How does this ruling affect the en banc hearing?

Could the reviewing judges still rule that the Dish modifications no longer infringe on the patent? or does the new patent validation make this ironclad in TIVO's favor now?

How does this ruling affect the en banc hearing?

Could the reviewing judges still rule that the Dish modifications no longer infringe on the patent? or does the new patent validation make this ironclad in TIVO's favor now?

Judges can rule either way. The PTO ruling has nothing to do w/ the en banc. If the mods make it so that they feel it no longer infringes then TIVO is up the creek w/o a paddle.

Hey its really no problem E can just jack up the receiver fees more to pay the settlement......

Fees dont appear to matter.........

Just to understand the course of events...

The eight models I listed earlier are the only models in question at this point. There is no sense even worrying about other models because the injunction is currently stayed.

The only time to even get a glimmer of worry? If the court finds Dish Network's course of action as contempt, and then reinstates the injunction. We'd have to see if Dish Network would then intend of following the injunction. If they do, then Dish Network will have stopped DVR functionality in the eight models listed. If that actually happens, that means the ViP receivers are the only DVR's Dish Network has in their stable. And of course, if the ViP series is merely colorably different from those found infringing, then TiVo will be back in Judge Folsom's court asking for contempt, for sales and use of a product that infringes in basically the same manner as the eight found infringing.

In other words, there's plenty of time.

Hey, he just described you, whatchel!

How about that?

Hey, he just described you, whatchel!

How about that?

And you know what he is just like you too. And we had a little discussion via PM's. It was almost as much fun as talking to you. Of course we won't talk about that here. I won't say anything more about that since I don't want to embarrass anyone. :cool: :haha:haha Now watch your blood pressure don't want you to get upset and start saying things you will regret. Just laugh it off and we will be adults here. :) And if you didn't notice at the end of his description there was a cute little wink. So he was cool about things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)