TNA Impact, PPV's discussion

JARRETT COULD BE FIRED AT TOMORROW'S TURNING POINT PPV
– TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter announced a stipulation for Sunday’s Steel Cage Match between Jeff Hardy and Jeff Jarrett at Final Resolution.“If Jarrett loses, either he OR Karen will be fired,” she tweeted Saturday afternoon.Karen Jarrett will be handcuffed to Sting at ringside.

Last edited:
JARRETT COULD BE FIRED AT TOMORROW'S TURNING POINT PPV
Dixie Carter announced on her Twitter account that they have added a stipulation for tomorrow's match between Jeff Hardy and Jeff Jarrett. If Hardy wins, Jeff or Karen Jarrett will be fired.

SpikeTV President Speaks on Pro Wrestling & MMA Crossover
SpikeTV President Kevin Kay was recently interviewed by Sherdog Radio, and had the following to say concerning the crossover between pro wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts. You can check out more if you click on the link. Sherdog.com: UFC, Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) News, Results, Fighting "We believe a little differently, and TNA has always believed a little differently, so you're going to see lots more of those opportunities. I do believe there's a crossover. Maybe it's a little behind closed doors, but I think lots of wrestling fans are MMA fans, and lots of MMA fans are wrestling fans. And those are two big platforms we have that we believe can help promote each other."

*Spoiler* On Which Jarrett Is Leaving TNA This Week *Spoiler* On Which Jarrett Is Leaving TNA This Week Wildcard Tournament, a Firing & More Set for Thursday’s TNA Impact
TNA has released the following preview for Thursday’s episode of Impact Wrestling, taping tonight in Orlando at The Impact Zone:
- STILL World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode will be in attendance on IMPACT WRESTLING on Thursday, having retained the gold after a 3-3 tie in the Ironman Match with challenger AJ Styles at Final Resolution! Now, Roode begins to prepare to defend the title against Jeff Hardy at Genesis! How will AJ Styles react to losing his chance at the World Title?

- After beating Jeff Jarrett in the Steel Cage match at Sunday’s Pay-Per-View, “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy is the NEW #1 Contender to the World Heavyweight Championship. He’ll get his shot at the upcoming “Genesis” event in January. However, Hardy won’t get any rest on Thursday, as he’ll be in action on IMPACT WRESTLING!

- How will The Jarretts react to what happened during the Cage Match at the PPV? The bigger question is – which one of them will be FIRED this Thursday night as a result of the loss? No doubt, they are livid over what happened, and things may get a whole lot worse for one of them on IMPACT when Sting announces who will have to leave TNA IMPACT WRESTLING!

- Also on Thursday, IMPACT WRESTLING will feature the start of a month-long WILD CARD Tag Team Tournament to determine new #1 contenders to the World Tag Team Championship, currently held by Matt Morgan and Crimson! Rumor has it some very INTERESTING pairings are being discussed by officials! For details and the participants in the tourney, don’t miss Thursday’s SpikeTV broadcast!

TNA Star Gone?, Interesting News on the TNA and OVW Relationship
- Sources within TNA report that nothing has been finalized on the deal between TNA and Ohio Valley Wrestling, despite TNA making the announcement and Dixie Carter referring to OVW as their developmental territory in a recent interview.
- Jesse Neal may have finished up with TNA at this week’s Impact Wrestling tapings.

SPOILER ON JARRETT FIRING
As we noted earlier this week in the PWInsider.com Elite section, this Thursday's Impact will feature Jeff Jarrett being fired.
Jarrett is being written off TV as he'll be going to India several times over the next few months to head the company's new TV product for the Colors Network there. I haven't heard he'll be wrestling there but one would think at some point, that would happen as well.Jarrett is also working on the development of TNA's All Wheels Wrestling project.

Reason For Karen Jarrett’s TV Removal, Dixie Carter Speaks Out
– Sunday at Final Resolution, Jeff Jarrett was defeated by Jeff Hardy in a Steel Cage Match. As per stipulation of the match, either Jeff or Karen Jarrett would be fired at Sting’s discretion on Thursday’s episode of Impact Wrestling. Sting, however, decided to fire both Jarretts.

Many assumed that only Jeff would be fired via storyline since he’s overseeing TNA’s satellite promotion based in India, which is conducting television tapings this week and next month. Karen was written off television as well since she is scheduled to undergo surgery on her foot, which will keep her sidelined for an unspecified amount of time.

– TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter was recently profiled in The Tennessean. She spoke with reporter Bobby Allyn about the marketing and business of professional wrestling and the TV market to which it appeals. The interview is available here.

– Mickie James is a late addition to TNA Wrestling’s satellite promotion based in India, which is conducting television tapings this week and next month.

– Devon hit an important milestone Tuesday. He tweeted, “Today makes 20 years I’ve been in this business. Hope to do 20 more. thank you to the fans. For being there. With you it could not have been.”

– Eric Young, Robbie E and Winter are scheduled to compete at tonight’s Family Wrestling Entertainment event at 3 Legged Dog Studios (located on 80 Greenwich Street, New York, New York). Visit News - Family Wrestling Entertainment for more information.

Backstage News on Jarrett’s TNA Segments - .
-The backstage segments from this past Thursday’s episode of TNA Impact Wrestling with Jeff Jarrett, Karen Jarrett and Sting have received rave reviews. Regarding Jeff Jarrett being involved in some of TNA’s better content this year, it’s because he essentially books most of his own segments and programs. Jarrett will be out of the TNA storylines for a few months as he is heading up TNA’s new project in India.

New National Enquirer Article On Hogan/Beefcake Gay Rumors
The following is an excerpt from a new National Enquirer article on the controversy surrounding Hulk Hogan, Linda Hogan and Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake:EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW! THE TRUTH ABOUT THOSE HULK HOGAN- BRUTUS BEEFCAKE GAY RUMORS!The ENQUIRER speaks to the estranged wife of grappler BRUTUS BEEFCAKE who makes shocking new gay allegations between the tawny titan and longtime pal HULK HOGAN!In early December, the 58- year-old wrestling legend filed court papers accusing ex-wife Linda Bollea of defamation after she leveled charges that the grappler physically abused her – and was cheating on her with another male wrestler!Hogan (aka Terry Bollea) says that Linda, 52, lied about him in interviews and in her new book “Wrestling the Hulk – My Life Against the Ropes.”But now Barbara Leslie – the estranged wife of popular pro wrestler Ed “Brutus ‘The Barber’ Beefcake” Leslie – tells The ENQUIRER that her husband’s “bromance” with The Hulkster always struck her as “extraordinarily suspi­cious.” “I’ve watched my husband and Hulk inter­act for the past 20 years, and there have been many times when I felt they were much too close for comfort,” Barbara declared in an ex­clusive interview.

whitewolf8214 said:
New National Enquirer Article On Hogan/Beefcake Gay Rumors
The following is an excerpt from a new National Enquirer article on the controversy surrounding Hulk Hogan, Linda Hogan and Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake:EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW! THE TRUTH ABOUT THOSE HULK HOGAN- BRUTUS BEEFCAKE GAY RUMORS!The ENQUIRER speaks to the estranged wife of grappler BRUTUS BEEFCAKE who makes shocking new gay allegations between the tawny titan and longtime pal HULK HOGAN!In early December, the 58- year-old wrestling legend filed court papers accusing ex-wife Linda Bollea of defamation after she leveled charges that the grappler physically abused her – and was cheating on her with another male wrestler!Hogan (aka Terry Bollea) says that Linda, 52, lied about him in interviews and in her new book “Wrestling the Hulk – My Life Against the Ropes.”But now Barbara Leslie – the estranged wife of popular pro wrestler Ed “Brutus ‘The Barber’ Beefcake” Leslie – tells The ENQUIRER that her husband’s “bromance” with The Hulkster always struck her as “extraordinarily suspi cious.” “I’ve watched my husband and Hulk inter­act for the past 20 years, and there have been many times when I felt they were much too close for comfort,” Barbara declared in an ex clusive interview.

I can tell you how to get a push, BROTHER!!!!! :)

Samoa Joe Talks Joining WWE, Steve Austin, Lack Of Push
Here is a recap of AllWrestling.com Week In Review exclusive podcast interview with TNA’s Samoa Joe hosted by Dan The Cannon. The interview is available here.

On TV wrestling: “TV wrestling is very flash, bang, get it going. I’ve been told by many people in creative that those wrestling fans love the wrestling but it’s the other fans that don’t understand what a wrist lock is etc. I have had my disagreements on this. I think that the art of professional wrestling speaks for itself. I think if you are good enough professional wrestler you can tell your own story regardless of what extraneous feuds you have going. Fundamentally we may differ on that.”

On Bruce Prichard being the head of creative: “TNA put me in the main event picture pretty early and these guys have been around just as long if not longer in Storm’s case. I’m very thankful to see those guys where they are right now from a personal standpoint.”

On not being in the world title picture: “It’s always rough not to be in the world title picture but at the same time right now we are finding new talent and establishing new characters. TNA gives me opportunity to work with tremendous young talent. Playing a part in developing young talent is rewarding.”

On whether he would jump ship to the WWE: “I’m still with TNA; we have a fantastic financial agreement. The relationship between me and TNA has always been great. I’m the type of person that really lives in the moment. I don’t put too much into trying to build scenarios that are bad. As long as I get an opportunity to wrestle and wrestle great people then I have the greatest job in the world.”

On Stone Cold saying WWE should sign Samoa Joe: “That was one of the greatest compliments ever given to me in my career by far by one of the greatest athletes in the industry. Just hope that TNA sees that and we can take it from there. I’m big on loyalty. Some people are of the thought process that if you don’t like something, you quit. You go somewhere else. That’s just not me. I think it’s silly. I think it’s shallow and tawdry. I don’t think I’m done with what I want to do in TNA.”

On his shoot on Scott Hall during turning point 2007: “There was an incident where Scott Hall no-showed. They handed me the mic and said “get him”. That’s what I was told. I went out there and got him. I ruffled a lot of fathers that day, in particular Kevin Nash. Kevin knew about the demons Scott was facing. None of us knew the extent of Hall’s issues.”

On Matt and Jeff Hardy: “I’m ecstatic for Jeff. I’ve never seen him more healthy and look so much more alive. God bless Matt. Matt is battling those same demons now. I hope and pray that he makes it through. At the end of the day, wrestlers are human beings. These are real people. No matter how much you hate their antics, no matter how much they disgust you, as a person, as a responsible human being I would never wish death on these people.”

JEFF HARDY A BIG PART OF TNA'S PLANS
Jeff Hardy is the only wrestler shown on the poster for the 1/8 Genesis PPV.The poster for the 2/12 TNA Against All Odds poster features Jeff Hardy, James Storm and Robert Roode at the top, with King playing cards in the background. The bottom of the poster has Velvet Sky and Gail Kim over Queen cards. Dixie Carter tweeted a picture of it, which you can see by clicking here. https://twitter.com/#!/TNADixie/status/149142051970236416/photo/1

Loree Bischoff on whether the criticism her husband Eric Bischoff has received is justified, her new book, and the message she wants to send
Dec 21, 2011 - 11:10 AM
Monday Night Mayhem with Loree Bischoff
Hosts: The Big Mosh and Kahlil Thomas
Recap by Kahlil Thomas
Airs every Monday at 6:00 P.M. (CT)
Show available at MondayNightMayhem.com.

What gave her the impetus to write her new book ("Common Sense Happiness"): "I've been a pretty happy person no matter what has come my way throughout my life, and there different principles that have worked well for me. I could share those with my clients while coaching, but I really felt the need to reach out and share them with more people, so what better way than to write a book. Especially now with the holiday season, it's a time of year when a lot of people get extra emotional, and get the holiday blues, and the climate on the country is a little bit depressed. So, I thought that there are things that you really can do that no matter what is going on in your life, you still don't have to be miserable."

The message she wants to send to those who read the book: "I really want people to understand that it doesn't matter if you're a wealthy person and if you have a big house on the hill. There's all kinds of things we have to deal with in life, and we all hit speed bumps and different situations. We can't always control the situation that we find ourselves in, but we can always control how we are going to react and respond to those situations, and that's the key."

Whether the criticisms that her husband (Eric Bischoff) has received over the years have been justified: "No, of course not. I'm sure there is a fair amount of criticism, and Eric would admit that he has made his fair share of mistakes and would do things differently. He'll jump up and say that, but I have read and heard lots of things over the years that I go 'Wow, where does this come from?' People just don't know when they are on the outside looking in. It's like trying to see the whole mansion from keyhole in the front door, and then you make a judgement on what's going on inside from outside. Most of that stuff is coming from a place of a distorted perspective, so you really can't take it seriously."

Much more is contained in Loree's exclusive interview with The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network, including her candid thoughts on how her marriage and family life have been able to withstand the trials and tribulations of the professional wrestling and entertainment businesses, if she was ever close to getting involved in WCW or TNA, the process she went through to create her new book, what it is to be a "life coach," plus much more! Mayhem Nation: Purchase your official copy of "Common Sense Happiness" right now by logging on to Loree's official website at Loree Bischoff | Life Coach, and be sure to follow her now on Twitter (at Twitter).

The Reason Jeff & Karen Jarrett Are Off TNA TV
Regarding the departures of Jeff and Karen Jarrett’s departures from TNA shorelines, Jeff is taking time off because he is very busy with projects outside of TNA.Jeff Jarrett been working hands on with TNA’s new Indian promotion as well as the All Wheels Wrestling show he is trying to get picked up on the Speed Channel.
?Pictures from Wednesday’s TNA India Show (“Ring Ka King”) Detailed Report From Today’s Ring Ka King Show (Pictures)
Karen Jarrett needs surgery on her foot, which will keep her on the sidelines for several months.
In Karen’s absence, Sting will be naming a new head of the Knockouts division.
Storm Praised Backstage, Neal’s Departure, Flair, OVW
- The song “Ric Flair” by Killer Mike was listed by Rolling Stone as one of the 50 best singles of 2011.
?RIC FLAIR’s Classic Promos Used In New Rap Song (Listen Here) Pusha T: “What Dreams Are Made Of” (ft. Ric Flair)
- James Storm continues to get a ton of praise behind the scenes in TNA. He’s been working very hard on improving his mic work and has been working with Vince Russo on his promos.
- Jesse Neal’s storyline injury was TNA’s way of writing him out of the company. TNA let him go because he was not willing to move to Louisville, Kentucky to train at Ohio Valley Wrestling, TNA’s new developmental territory. Neal was not completely opposed to relocating, but based on what TNA was paying him, it didn’t make seense for him.
- TNA has sent Anarquia, Rob Terry and “Big Brother” reality star Jessie Godderz to OVW to train

Guerrero Expected To Join TNA
– Former WWE star Chavo Guerrero is expected to join TNA Wrestling in the near future after appearing for Ring Ka King this past week, their India based promotion. Regarding the tapings, he tweeted Wednesday, “In India right now, and had an INCREDIBLE wrestling experience last night! Never have seen anything like this in 18 yrs of wrestling!! Great crew in India, inside the ring &out. Really making me LOVE wrestling again!”Alongside Harry Smith, Guerrero captured the promotion’s tag team championship at the tapings.

TNA Star's Father Dies Following Battle With Brain Cancer
TNA Impact Wrestling star Matt Morgan has posted the following on Twitter:
"@TnamattmorganMatt Morgan
Thanks (yet again) for all Ur prayers over past 2 years for my dad's battle vs brain cancer.yesterday was his funeral&He's finally at peace."On behalf of everyone at WZ, I wish Morgan and his family my deepest condolences in this difficult time.

Gail Kim On Quitting WWE – “I Wasn’t Going To Be Unhappy Anymore”
Speaking to Power Slam, Gail Kim explains why she deliberately eliminated herself from the Divas Battle Royal on the August 1, 2011 episode of Monday Night Raw.“I have no regrets. They didn’t care. It didn’t affect the outcome of the match. If it was going to affect the outcome of the match, I wouldn’t have done it. It got to the point where … it’s just what I did, you know. Like I said, I don’t have any regrets.”Kim quit WWE that night; she says it felt good.“You know why? It was about my life and my happiness at that point, and having control of my life again. It felt good to know that I made that decision for myself. I wasn’t going to be unhappy anymore. And, most of all, I just wanted to wrestle again.“The day that I told Johnny [John Laurinaitis) that I quit was a relief. He asked me why, and I said to him, “Really? Are you really asking me why?” And he knew: he knew my frustration. I know a lot of wrestlers are very happy in WWE. But, in my case, I had to move on.”Kim was also asked whether her success in TNA Wrestling worked against her during her second run with WWE.“Hmmm. I’m not sure. You always hear things about how that company thinks. I really don’t know. You know, that’s the whole reason they hired me back, because of the success I had in TNA. Kharma/Kong, she may not have even got hired, if it wasn’t for those matches we had in TNA. That’s what made our names in women’s wrestling at that time.”She continues, “It’s funny that they knew we could do something like what we did in TNA and they didn’t do it. I don’t know what to say. But I can’t care about that now. I’m just trying to do the best with what I’m given now, and that’s on Impact Wrestling.”

TNA KICKING OFF 2012 THIS FRIDAY WITH GOOD DEED
By Mike Johnson on 2012-01-01 11:46:54
TNA will be kicking off their first house show of the year this Friday 1/6 in Westbury, Long Island by taking part in a collection for non-perishable food items, asking fans to bring along items to donate to the "Rock CAN Roll" charity. For full details, check out the press release below:
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING TEAMS UP WITH "ROCK CAN ROLL" IN WESTBURY, NEW YORK, TO BEAT HUNGER

On January 6, bring healthy and nutritious non-perishable food items to the TNA IMPACT WRESTLING live event at The NYCB Theatre in Westbury, New York, to help feed local children, women and men and win a Super Sized Brown Bag Special.

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING is working in conjunction with "Rock CAN Roll", a volunteer, non-profit, hunger relief organization to collect healthy and nutritious non-perishable food items (and other basic necessities) to distribute to local agencies that give to children, seniors and families who live with hunger and poverty. Simply bring a donation to the entry locations at The NYCB Theatre in Westbury on January 6th for the action-packed TNA IMPACT WRESTLING live event. The biggest donor will win a Super-Sized Brown Bag Special from ShopTNA.com, packed with merchandise and collectibles!

Aimee Holtzman, founder and president of Rock CAN Roll, says, “From Thanksgiving through Christmas, the world wakes up and the shelves of emergency food pantries are full. Sadly, after the first of the year, the world goes back to sleep and food donations dwindle.”

Don’t miss the opportunity to win one of Don West’s Super-Sized Brown Bag Specials full of TNA IMPACT WRESTLING merchandise and more importantly, your chance to help those who live with hunger during the time of the year that is most forgotten.

Tickets for the TNA IMPACT WRESTLING World Tour live in Westbury are available at ticketmaster.com or charge by phone at 800-745-3000. Tickets will also be available for purchase at the NYCB Theatre at Westbury box office. For more information about Rock CAN Roll and their mission, please visit Non-Profit Hunger Relief Organization | Food Shelter | Food Charities:: rockCANroll.org.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)