TNA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
wasn't sure where to post about this, but oh well. Since Raw has been soooooo bad lately, I started watching TNA iMPACT. And it is much better than Raw is right now; although that will probably change with the legal problems Angle is facing. And guess what! The girls can actually wrestle! I even went to a PPV in Orlando which was exciting. If you haven't watched yet and have been disgusted with the WWE product lately, give it a shot:up

I've TRIED to get into TNA, but to me it's just full of has-beens and never-will-bes. I mean look at the ages of their title holders:

Kurt Angle: 40
Booker T: 44
Scott Steiner: 47
Kevin Nash: 50
Samoa Joe: 30

To me TNA is like WCW from the Monday Night Wars, except instead of luring away established stars with huge contracts, they hire unwanted stars, or rather, stars who clearly should NOT still be wrestling. I mean it's like a burial ground for old talent. I loved watching Mick Foley, Jeff Jarrett, Taz, The Dudley Boys (sorry, Team 3D) back in the day, but there's a reason why WWE got rid of these guys.

I'll be the first to admit that WWE has been severely lacking as of late. I for one turned OFF Raw when I saw that DX was reuniting. I'm sorry, but WWE seems to be forgetting the fact that DX didn't start being really good until Shawn got injured and HHH took over and brought in X-Pac and the NAO. There were 6 members in DX (okay technically 9 if you want to be nit-picky but only 6 that were in it for more than 3 months) so I don't see how 2 people constitute a reunion. Yes, they were the "founders" of it, but I don't think people would consider just Arn Anderson and Ric Flair getting together a reunion of The Four Horsemen.

I applaud there being a 3rd wrestling league (don't forget about Ring of Honor) that has a television deal and can draw talent, but I'm not going to replace crap with other crap.

I've TRIED to get into TNA, but to me it's just full of has-beens and never-will-bes. I mean look at the ages of their title holders:

Kurt Angle: 40
Booker T: 44
Scott Steiner: 47
Kevin Nash: 50
Samoa Joe: 30

To me TNA is like WCW from the Monday Night Wars, except instead of luring away established stars with huge contracts, they hire unwanted stars, or rather, stars who clearly should NOT still be wrestling. I mean it's like a burial ground for old talent. I loved watching Mick Foley, Jeff Jarrett, Taz, The Dudley Boys (sorry, Team 3D) back in the day, but there's a reason why WWE got rid of these guys.

I'll be the first to admit that WWE has been severely lacking as of late. I for one turned OFF Raw when I saw that DX was reuniting. I'm sorry, but WWE seems to be forgetting the fact that DX didn't start being really good until Shawn got injured and HHH took over and brought in X-Pac and the NAO. There were 6 members in DX (okay technically 9 if you want to be nit-picky but only 6 that were in it for more than 3 months) so I don't see how 2 people constitute a reunion. Yes, they were the "founders" of it, but I don't think people would consider just Arn Anderson and Ric Flair getting together a reunion of The Four Horsemen.

I applaud there being a 3rd wrestling league (don't forget about Ring of Honor) that has a television deal and can draw talent, but I'm not going to replace crap with other crap.
Triple H - 40
Shawn Michaels - 44
Undertaker - 44
Jeff Hardy - 31
Edge - 35

The main draw at WWE are starting to get really old as well. I don't think age is the problem. Not to mention WWE has had the same main event for 5-6 years now.

Triple H - 40
Shawn Michaels - 44
Undertaker - 44
Jeff Hardy - 31
Edge - 35

The main draw at WWE are starting to get really old as well. I don't think age is the problem. Not to mention WWE has had the same main event for 5-6 years now.
I'm not saying that WWE is full of young blood, but at least the WWE is pushing young stars. You neglected to mention other top draws like CM Punk, Randy Orton, and John Cena.

My issue with TNA is that it's harder to take their champions seriously with their age. I shouldn't be watching a TNA PPV and confuse the card with that from a Starcade from the late 80s/early 90s. One of WCW's main problems was that it focused only on older, more established stars while rarely promoting their younger talent. I understand that you can't JUST use young, unknown talent to push a successful promotion (ROH is proof of that) but you need a better balance than what THEY have. Since TNA broke off of NWA, only one champion has been under the age of 30.

At this rate, I fear that TNA will eventually just devolve into a place where wrestlers start off their career before signing big with the WWE, then being a place where wrestlers go off to die, as opposed to a true contender like WCW used to be (although when you think about it, WCW was what I just described to some extent.)

Maybe all I want is classic ECW back, although it's clear that ROH is DESPERATELY trying to take that title..

I am old school, but I think wrestling started to die off whenever the 3 major promotions( NWA, AWA, and the then WWF) went down to one and the old territories went away. It just has taken a long time to feel the effects from it. During those days, young talent had a better chance of developing because there was more competition for the established stars. A big name could work for the WWF, NWA and AWA all in a couple of years time. This spread out the talent and opened up more slots for new talent. You don't have that these days. New talent takes time for fans to take in and bookers don't want to take that time. They want an overnight success and that is harder toi happen these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts