TNAP 4.2 test images available soon

cyberham

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 16, 2010
Nova Scotia
I'll wait until he has the release version. However, the test image is in the feeds right now, IF you want to be a beta tester.
Doing my backups now. I will load TNAP 4.2 tonight. I've always got my microHD as a backup receiver if the Edision isn't feeling up to receiving satellites after I load TNAP 4.2.

Reactions: primestar31
cyberham

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 16, 2010
Nova Scotia
TNAP 4.2 -Test Image 2022-01-15 (updated 2022-01-17) is loaded and running. I did a clean installation without using my old database. Therefore I had to configure everything and re-scan all satellites. I like to install this way so as not to contaminate a new installation with anything from the past.

My very first impression is that the blind scan works very well. Maybe it was due to the strong Ku signals last night, but each blind scan picked up everything active on each satellite. I have already done an online update two times.

There is something new called "AutoBouquetsMaker". It seems to allow you to schedule scans and, presumably, update your bouquets without any intervention from you. We need to learn more.
TNAP 42 Test Image

L

Lee60

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2014
California
TNAP 4.2 -Test Image 2022-01-15 (updated 2022-01-17) is loaded and running. I did a clean installation without using my old database. Therefore I had to configure everything and re-scan all satellites. I like to install this way so as not to contaminate a new installation with anything from the past.

My very first impression is that the blind scan works very well. Maybe it was due to the strong Ku signals last night, but each blind scan picked up everything active on each satellite. I have already done an online update two times.

There is something new called "AutoBouquetsMaker". It seems to allow you to schedule scans and, presumably, update your bouquets without any intervention from you. We need to learn more.
View attachment 155541
I loaded 4.2 a few minutes ago. I crashed it by pressing the green button. After it restarted I went to Software Updates and updated. Fixed.
I did a Flash Image with backup overwriting one of my slots. Will report back.
Oh and I have set a couple timers for later today.
Lee

Reactions: FTA4PA and cyberham
primestar31

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Remember that this is test TNAP firmware and this is the time to find issues before release.

Report any issues directly to El Bandido on the LegitFTA forum. Thanks!
Yes, do NOT forget this is a test image, and proceed accordingly. ALWAYS do a backup first, IF you are going to load over your present image. Which, I do NOT recommend doing with a test image!

Here's the thread at Legit to read about and/or report any issues: TNAP-4.2-Test Images for Edision MIO/MIO+

MUCH thanks to anybody willing to beta test!

Reactions: Lee60
L

Lee60

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2014
California
If that warning was aimed at me;) I assure you I was aware. I followed along through 4.1 also. Currently have 4.0, 4.1 and now 4.2 loaded in different slots.

But definitely glad that you are pointing out to the others here that this is only a test image. Plus always have a full backup stored on a usb drive. I try to do this monthly as a regular practice.

Lee

johnnynobody

johnnynobody

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
4.2 loaded. So far, so good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts