TNT HD on D* 2/17/06

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A big step in the right direction in my eyes. I have been talking about this since tnt-hd came about. It really is about time. Very good deal for Direct......I feel that tnt-hd takes alot of unfair criticism. Yes some stuff is not true HD but there is enough on the ch to make it when of the best out there in my eyes.

I pulled an old e-mail response from DirecTV from July 2004. Apparently in "DirecTV-speak", soon means 19 months later. I am happy to finally get TNT-HD. Looking forward to the next HD channel, however soon that may happen.

-JustBob

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004

Dear Bob,

Thank you for writing back. We apologize if your concerns were not
addressed in our previous response. We currently do not have any
information on future plans to carry INHD. DIRECTV doesn't have an
agreement with TNT HD at this time but we are in discussions with them
and we hope to add TNT HD to our lineup soon.
I don't have a date to
give you yet, but stay tuned to DIRECTV.com/HDTV for the latest news
and announcements as they become available.

I understand how important HDTV programming is to you. DIRECTV is
committed to providing the best in HDTV programming and we're in
constant discussions with various program providers to increase the
amount of High Definition programming we offer.

You are important to us and we certainly want to keep you as a
customer.
We know you have a choice in providers, and we must continually earn
your business.

Thank you for your patience, and for giving us the chance to respond to
your concerns.

Sincerely,

Bridger
DIRECTV Customer Service

D* record profits

There was an article posted today about D* posting a profit.
http://news.com.com/DirecTV+posts+profit/2100-1038_3-6036672.html?tag=nl

It also mentions that it's on-going gameplan is to keep its good core of customers around, and have them subscribe to more programming.

Hopefully, they relate offering their good core group better HD programming...which is the only way to keep the tech savvy on board.

LEt's hope the TNT announcement is not the only one this quarter.

I had TNT-HD before when I was a Dish customer. Hate it. It's not real HD 90% of time. Just old Law&Order and Alias episodes. NBA can be nice if you like it, but basically that's all. With Dishnet picture was not so good 95% of time. I want STARZ-HD and TMC-HD. FX-HD wouldn't be bad either.

Thank you D*!!!!!!!! It is nice to know and good job Longhorn on your statement of D* adding a few channels after the Ticket was over. You are a prophet. I know you received a lot of flame for your predictions and a lot of skeptics jumping on you, but I waited to see and you were right. I don't much care for CD-USA but it does qualify for 2 HD channels so far and hopefully a couple more as we anticipate early 2007.

I don't know much about crack, but HD sure is addicting!

what transponder are they going to try and shove this thing on? IF you thought PQ was bad now just wait.

hdtvtechno said:
Oh dont say never, there is a cat fight going on in court, that Inhd wants to charge directv more $$ then Cable for carriage.

Do you mean like the DISH/Lifetime cat fight? That one was eventually settled. :eureka:

herdfan said:
For now, I will take some HD-Lite. I want TNT-HD and will take in at 1280x1080 over SD. Because HD-Lite looks better than SD. In 12-18 months when D* has enough bandwidth to give us back 1920x1080 and then doesn't, at that point we will have a problem.

Flame away.

True, hurts the eyes trying to watch a Center Ice hockey game on SD, with a big screen, but when they are in HD, what a difference. Same goes for a NASCAR race, HD & NASCAR rocks.

i will say that the nba games and nascar do look pretty good on tnt-hd. the rest of the stuff is a toss-up!

iceturkee said:
i will say that the nba games and nascar do look pretty good on tnt-hd. the rest of the stuff is a toss-up!

Amen! Being a sports junkie, I have been waiting for this day. I remember about a year ago when I first started "googling" to find out why TNTHD was not on D*, then I stumbled across satelliteguys! I can't wait to watch My Detroit Pistons in the playoffs in HD!!!! :D :up

vurbano said:
what transponder are they going to try and shove this thing on? IF you thought PQ was bad now just wait.
Here we go (yet) again - First complain for months on end that DirecTV doesn't have a particular channel, then anticipate how poorly it will be delivered, and make sure and do all the whining even before they turn it on.

Some people clearly have nothing to do in life but complain every day of the year, all day long, and every chance they get. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)