Too far?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I had someone respond to my "wanted c-band stuff" ad in the internet clasifieds. He has a some chapparal co-rotor, some norsat comercial lnbs, misc c-band lnbs. The guy is 100 miles round trip. He wants to give me this stuff, since he upgraded his dish. Is 100 miles too far, or is it worh it for free stuff?

100 miles round trip is a walk in the park... wouldn't think twice about taking off for that trip. Heck 100 miles round trip is a much shorter trip than I used to drive every single day for work for about 10 years.. go get it! ;)

i am going to scrap the little 6 footer its mesh and sucks for c-band.
what brand of lnb has the best reception ,dcs, chapral, or norsat?

Techfizzle, your PM has exceeded it's limit, I can't get through..??

You sent me this PM:
Techfizzle said:
i noticed my 10 foot dish is, the mesh is wrinkled, will this hurt?
It could....? The best way to find out is to try it and see. Most likely, if it's not to bad, the C-Band will be acceptable, and the Ku-Band will be more likely to give you problems, as ku is harder to pinpoint. But that doesn't mean the ku won't work...? Try it and see...!

It also depends on the LNBs. How old are they? 100, 120, 85 degrees? Make sure the LNBs are the latest that will work today! Like 15 degrees.

Gas is expensive these days, but I think I'd spring for a tank to make such a trip. Norsats can be very good and very expensive LNBs, and it sounds like he has a bunch of other goodies as well. You might want to use a truck... :)

heck no its not to far, im in pensacola and and mobile is 50 miles away and 50 back that would be worth it for sure! now say 150+ round trip would be too far...

I went 250 miles+ each way. And was it Thomas went well more than that. My trip was worth it to me... What would it cost to purchase locally? And>>> If you placed the ad -- what as it you wanted? How much was it worth to get what you wanted? I am getting ready to go 190 miles RT for a 10 ft mesh dish. Yes, I hope it is worth it.

im planning on making the trip today. I cut up the 6 footer with a hacksaw, along with 20 bags of aluminum cans, and some other junk, and im going to the junkyard to cash in, i will at least get $20 so that'l pay for my gas to get there. Im planning on going unless it rains. I will post pictures of my goodies.

im planning on making the trip today. I cut up the 6 footer with a hacksaw, along with 20 bags of aluminum cans, and some other junk, and im going to the junkyard to cash in, i will at least get $20 so that'l pay for my gas to get there. Im planning on going unless it rains. I will post pictures of my goodies.
Ohhh...Mannn....! that's blasphemy..!!! I've shot people for less than that..... well, I've thought about shooting them...???

Enjoy your trip, take your time, and look for old BUD's or Primestar's (and take notes) to possibly get at a later date..? Hope you get something worthwhile out of it..!

one c band dish with a dual c-ku and a pizzadish lnb strapped can see all the sats in the sky. theres no reason to have more than one. well maybe im the only one, i have too many trees so only one dish will fit in my yard
questions.
1. what is the f/d of a 10 foot winegard?
2. do i need "the golden ring" that slips inside the feedhorn?

Ten dishes are not enough! Even Melmac came in service for 8. It looks like I will get an excavator out here in a week or two and have my holes and trenches dug so I can get all 6 (maybe 7 or 8) C Band dishes up. I will be putting in some posts for KU also. I will take a picture of one pipe I got from my trip to pick up the C Band dishes. One person evidently had a challege placing a KU where he wanted it.... The picture will tell the story - in its own thread.

one c band dish with a dual c-ku and a pizzadish lnb strapped can see all the sats in the sky. theres no reason to have more than one. well maybe im the only one, i have too many trees so only one dish will fit in my yard
questions.
1. what is the f/d of a 10 foot winegard?
2. do i need "the golden ring" that slips inside the feedhorn?

did the page I posted not have the f/d for that dish? :confused: 0.278, depth 27" and focal length 33-5/16"

Iceberg has put up the zip file in the manuals section :cool: even though I can not get a download -- but that is usual on my low speed connection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)