Top three QB's in the history of each NFL franchise

My list would be:
1. Sammy Baugh
2. Sonny Jurgensen
3. Joe Theismann

I have never heard of Billy Kilmer.

Seriously? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Kilmer He started over Sonny & led the Redskins to their first Super Bowl where they lost to the undefeated Dolphins(a game I watched...on TV). He's in the Washington Redskin Ring of Fame & most likely would equal Sonny Jurgensen as the Redskins' second best QB &,at least,edge out Joe Theismann as the 3rd best QB in Redskin history.

Last edited:
Seriously? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Kilmer He started over Sonny & led the Redskins to their first Super Bowl where they lost to the undefeated Dolphins(a game I watched...on TV). He's in the Washington Redskin Ring of Fame & most likely would equal,at least,Sonny Jurgensen as the Redskins' second best QB & edge out Joe Theismann as the 3rd best QB in Redskin history.
I was there during the Kilmer/Jurgensen years. Both guys had their advocates, and I think George Allen had a hard time deciding which one to play. In the end it was Sonny.

I was there during the Kilmer/Jurgensen years. Both guys had their advocates, and I think George Allen had a hard time deciding which one to play. In the end it was Sonny.

I wonder if you can compare it to the Roger Staubach/Craig Morton years of the Cowboys(although Staubach would have the edge in talent)?

Seriously? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Kilmer He started over Sonny & led the Redskins to their first Super Bowl where they lost to the undefeated Dolphins(a game I watched...on TV). He's in the Washington Redskin Ring of Fame & most likely would equal Sonny Jurgensen as the Redskins' second best QB &,at least,edge out Joe Theismann as the 3rd best QB in Redskin history.

I wasn't alive or very young. I have never heard him talked about like all the other QBs

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Chicago Bears

1. Sid Luckman

2. Jim McMahon

?3. Bill Wade

I'm going:

1. Sid Luckman
2. Eric Kramer
3. Jay Cutler

You have to put Eric Kramer on the list since he holds some records for the franchise and was the most efficient. I know McMahon won a Super Bowl but he was not a great QB.

I'm going:

1. Sid Luckman
2. Eric Kramer
3. Jay Cutler

You have to put Eric Kramer on the list since he holds some records for the franchise and was the most efficient. I know McMahon won a Super Bowl but he was not a great QB.

Admittedly I had to look him up,but what about Gale Sayers era QB,Bill Wade?

Admittedly I had to look him up,but what about Gale Sayers era QB,Bill Wade?

I never knew much about Wade so I had to look him up. Pretty solid career but I'd still go with my top 3. Cutler barely makes the list but he has put up good stats and made it one game from the Super Bowl.

I was actually watching the Seahawks vs Chiefs game Krieg was the Seahawk qb,Derrick Thomas sacked him 7 times!Krieg got the last laugh as he tossed the game winning td with time expiring.

I never knew much about Wade so I had to look him up. Pretty solid career but I'd still go with my top 3. Cutler barely makes the list but he has put up good stats and made it one game from the Super Bowl.

I had to look up Erik Kramer. I have to admit that the Bears is one of those teams that it is hard to find stand out QB's after Sid Luckman. If I hadn't of googled & found Bill Wade's name,I'd of put Jay Cutler as my 3rd QB also.

He was the winning QB but not the reason the Bears were that good. He really wasn't that great of a QB but he was fun.

Yea he wasn't great but,ask most any casual NFL fan to name a Chicago Bears QB,Mcmahon will make that list every time.He was in that silly SB shuffle video they made.

I'm going:

1. Sid Luckman
2. Eric Kramer
3. Jay Cutler

I admit, I forgot about Kramer. Very, very underrated QB in that era.

It's funny, the Bears have had some very good/great teams over the almost 40 years I've been following football, but quarterback is not a position that they've been know for. I remember in the mid 70's they had QB's like Bob Avellini, Mike Phipps and Vince Evans.....not exactly household names. The Bears formula for winning has almost always been solid running backs (legendary in the case of Sweetness) and great defenses.

I admit, I forgot about Kramer. Very, very underrated QB in that era.

It's funny, the Bears have had some very good/great teams over the almost 40 years I've been following football, but quarterback is not a position that they've been know for. I remember in the mid 70's they had QB's like Bob Avellini, Mike Phipps and Vince Evans.....not exactly household names. The Bears formula for winning has almost always been solid running backs (legendary in the case of Sweetness) and great defenses.

?I agree with everything you said. I don't know those other QBs, I wasn't alive then.