Top two teams in MLB's NL have played the last two nights in SD only (E* is joke)

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO
This is utterly ridiculous...what moron at Dish Network decided it would be best to NOT show the game in HD between to top two teams in the National League? This has happened the past TWO evenings no less! If a game this caliber doesn't warrant HD (to Dish Network) then I don't know what does -- oh wait maybe QVC HD. Thanks for yet another screw-job Charlie!! :mad:

doesnt qvc actually pay dish to have their channel on? not fair comparison there. last i checked mlb has never paid dish to show a game.

STL, I have a solution for you. Call -888-777-2454 and tell the nice person that answers that you want all your baseball games in HD. Once you get what you want from this number, call 800-333-DISH and tell the nice person who answers that since Dish doesn't give you what you want you will no longer be subscribing to their service and cancel your subscription. Then you can start posting your observations HERE

Problem solved!

doesnt qvc actually pay dish to have their channel on? not fair comparison there. last i checked mlb has never paid dish to show a game.
Man you really don't get it on SO many levels. I was saying that the reason DISH isn't showing their RSNs in HD full time is because they are too busy wasting the bandwidth they have offering junk like home shopping channels in HD. So instead of giving their paying customers value by offering RSNs in HD all the time, they are instead getting paid again and wasting bandwidth on HD channels most people don't really want.

STL, I have a solution for you. Call -888-777-2454 and tell the nice person that answers that you want all your baseball games in HD. Once you get what you want from this number, call 800-333-DISH and tell the nice person who answers that since Dish doesn't give you what you want you will no longer be subscribing to their service and cancel your subscription. Then you can start posting your observations HERE

Problem solved!
I might do that if you agree to pay my termination fee. :p

What channels are you guys watching? The Fox Sports Midwest HD channel showed the first game of the series, but the last two were not. I searched through all the RSN Alt channels and didn't find the game in HD either.

My guide showed it as JIP the last 2 nights. By 10:30 or so when I flipped over to check the scores before I went to bed, they where both on in HD.

edit: it was on FSMW.

I checked the FSMW HD channel about 5 minutes after 9pm central (and even a second time a bit later than that) both nights, but all I saw was the message saying "check back" along with the elevactor music. I was wondering what JIP meant, and now after a search I see it means Joined In Progress. I swear I checked the HD channel -- for game 2 -- several innings into the game and it still wasn't on.

I checked the FSMW HD channel about 5 minutes after 9pm central (and even a second time a bit later than that) both nights, but all I saw was the message saying "check back" along with the elevactor music. I was wondering what JIP meant, and now after a search I see it means Joined In Progress. I swear I checked the HD channel -- for game 2 -- several innings into the game and it still wasn't on.

It's ironic that one of the worst teams in baseball, The Royals, were in an HD slot on 448 ALT but the games with the White Sox were not produced in HD. So the game was on 448 SD and 448HD ALT, both in SD. Several Royals games that were produced in HD have been on Dish in SD only. I'd much rather watch them get beat in HD.

I watched all 3 games in Hd. Across the top of screen it read Cards and Dodgers (JIP)

I was saying that the reason DISH isn't showing their RSNs in HD full time is because they are too busy wasting the bandwidth they have offering junk like home shopping channels in HD.

What shopping channels is E* offering in HD? Last time I checked (one minute ago), the answer was ZERO. ;)

About 15 minutes after the game started FOXMW HD had the game-hence JIP. This has nothing to do with E* but falls on FSMW. Email them and ask them why. I'd love to see their response.
I have watched several Cards games (on FSMW HD) at friends' homes with DirecTV and never seen this problem. So it sure doesn't seem like FSMW's problem?

bruin95,
I guess you haven't heard Dish Network is working to bring QVC-HD online. Just because we cannot see the channel yet, it doesn't mean resources aren't being used in its setup and testing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts