toroidal t90

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jnoda1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 24, 2010
miami
Hello, can someone give me some help as to how to the skew and positioning of the lnbs on this dish. I live in miami florida. I have been trying to align this dish for awhile and any help wuld be appreciated. I am trying to get 83w, 91w, 97w, 103, 110, 119, thanks

See if you can search the forum.
A number of people have set them up over the years.
Some of the best installation info might have been posted by one of our moderators: Iceberg
he installed several times and got quite good at it.
If I recall, there was a support site with setup angle recommendations, too

t90 dish

Hello again, what lnb should I get for these sats 83,87,91,95,97,101,105 should they be linear or circular, thanks

t90 setup

Hello, is there anyone near miami that can help with setting up this dish, thanks

Those dishes can be tricky to setup right. I did have one but the smaller size with the reverse polarity lnbs. It was ok but hey it was the latest thing in the early to mid 2000s.

Sent from my X2 Premium HD with Tapatalk 2

t90 dish

Hello, finally able to acquire 97w but the quality is real low, also should the dish be skewed for the center sat or should it stay at 0

What transponder are you looking at? The tps on that sat vary widely in strength.

With my t55 and microHD, I am currently receiving Belarus TV (11899/V/22000) on 97w (my center sat) with a 90% signal level and 63-70% quality. May not be Belarus anymore as I haven't rescanned in several months :(. Wish I had a t90 instead...the t55 is definitely a "fair-weather" dish for FTA in NA.

Regarding skew: skew the dish for your center satellite so that it can properly see the other sats on either side. I found this site most helpful when setting up my t55: http://www.satlex.net/en/wavefrontier_calc.html. I believe the guide bar positions it gives are for the t90 as I had to adjust the position for the t55 to pick up 103w for the beach cams.

Good luck!

t90 setup

Hello again, as I said got 97w with little quality, around 61% will try again tomorrow, my other question is I want to set this up on 4 different receivers what type of diseq switch do I need, as I am also going to be picking up additional sats on this dish mainly 83w, 101w, and 110, 119, thanks.

For info on running multiple receivers, check out our FAQ department.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/forums/29-FTA-MPEG2-FAQ-s
there is a thread called Switches Simplified.

110 & 119 require circular , and preferably bandstacked LNBFs.
If you are hooking them to a subscribed DishNet receiver, that's another matter.
(not the least of which, the polarization is reversed)
Least trouble solution is to retain the original Dish 500 for the job.

Hello, i am trying to get all the transponders on that sat, my meter says that I am locked on the sate with 85 quality but when I go to scan I only get about 50 channels on certain transponders, but others I get nothing when I know they have something on them.

Hello, i am trying to get all the transponders on that sat, my meter says that I am locked on the sate with 85 quality but when I go to scan I only get about 50 channels on certain transponders, but others I get nothing when I know they have something on them.

what receiver ?
you are getting some of these ? at 11789 V and higher
http://www.lyngsat.com/Galaxy-19.html
good luck

What type of meter are you using? The cheaper ones (SF-95 and similar) will show you only the strongest signal.

It's possible that the dish and/or lnbf are just enough out of alignment that the weaker transponders can't be locked onto. Use you sat receiver's signal meter to peak the dish on one of the weaker transponders (lower signal level/quality) you are currently locking onto. As you're already pointing very close to the sat, you shouldn't have to move things far at all. Here's what I would try doing, but someone else may have a better suggestion.

1) Have you already skewed the dish? The site I provided a link for will previously give you the proper skew once you have entered the east and west sats you wish to pickup. Hint: To force 97W to be your "center sat", choose east and west sats which are equal distances from 97W. For example: 77W and 117W for a 40 degree spread centered on 97W.
2) Aim the center LNBF in it's holder left and right to peak the signal level/quality. As the center LNBF, is should be at 0 degrees. If not, then the dish is off L/R and you will need to adjust it or move the LNBF down the guidebar a little.
3) Adjust the center LNBF's skew in it's holder to peak the signal level/quality. As the center LNBF, it SHOULD be at 0 degrees skew assuming the dish is already skewed correctly...if not, then the dish isn't skewed correctly and you will have trouble with getting the other sats
4) Repeat 2 and 3 as necessary to obtain the best signal level/quality.

After peaking the signal as above, if you are still having troubles receiving some of the transponders, your dish may not be pointing correctly for either L/R or elevation...something these dishes are quite sensitive to. I discovered yesterday that my t55 is currently slightly off-center (L/R) due to the clamp being a little loose and getting knocked around. As a result, I'm experience similar issues: Not all transponders are locking well, and I've even picked up 95W and 97W at the same time--scanned in the CCTV channels from 95W but couldn't get all of the 97W channels (mine being a smaller dish sure doesn't help). Hopefully the elevation's not off...the t55 is heavy enough, I can't imagine adjusting the t90 elevation easily unless the mount has a different adjustment method (maybe a screw/turnbuckle?).

Good work so far! You're close, so it shouldn't take much to get them all...

97w

:popcornHello, got 97w locked on with a good quality on most transponders, now have around 200 channels on that sat,:) and now will start to get my outermost sats hopefully I can pick these up with little trouble, go to find out that most of my problems trying to lock on the transponders was that 1 my numbers in my meter and on my viewsat were off, so of course I could go on for weeks and never get a reading. So now with this wisdom will try to capture other sats, wish me luck and thanks for your help so far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts