Toshiba TRX Remotes ????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Achebee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Honduras
I am looking for a replacement remote for a TRX2200.. In my effort to find one I have found several for the TRX 1820's and other models that look to have most of the functions that the original remote had. (but not quite)
Does anyone here have experience with the older model remotes working for the latest model receivers ??? I would think they would work basically for the important functions like moving the dish east and west and perhaps for most of the setup.
Is there a universal remote out there that can be programmed to run the 2200??
I have a pile of universal remotes with learning functions etc. but my old remote has folded completely so I can not try it out.
Thanks in advance for any links you may have concerning this problem with TRX remotes.
The link below was given to me by Woodheat/nOil at a receiver discussion on another page. Hoping this thread can help others with TRX remote issues, thanks HB

http://www.satelliteguys.us/general...rum/47315-need-remote-toshiba-trx-2220-a.html

I have 2 TRX-1820s/remotes and both of the remotes had issues with the battery contacts. If you haven't already, make sure you are getting power to your remote from your batteries.

If you can't find a remote, there is data with which you can program a JP1 remote. For example, at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3. KM Upgrade Files/Satellite/

I don't have a Toshiba, so I can't confirm that the data works, but I've programmed JP1 remotes for several other sat receivers sucessfully. Only problem is remembering what key does what. If you look on ebay, you can find some fairly good JP1 remotes fairly cheap. To program the JP1 remotes though, you need an adapter. I have both an older style parallel port adapters, and a newer USB style. The older style works well with the KM / IR programs available at the above Yahoo group. The newer USB adapter works with some programs that are available at the newer site that you can find a link to at the main page of the Yahoo group.

My favorite JP1 remote is the RS 2116 or 2117, but they aren't made anymore, but you can often find these and othere similar JP1 remotes on ebay CHEAP. The 2116 is an 8 in one, but I've seen the 7 in 1 version (I think it's model 1995 or something) pretty cheap, and I've seen 4 in 1 versions for like $5. You need to look at the KM spreadsheet to see what old remotes are JP1, because the people who sell these remotes generally don't know that they ARE JP1 capable. You can usually tell by looking into the battery compartment and looking for a little 6 pin connector.

Good Info

Thanks for the good leads all of you. I snapped up the remote at EBay, and I ordered a REM48TVA to try it out...As soon as I have it working I will report back here.
I am going to play with a JP1 and try to program it as well... and will report back here
All of this should put us ahead in the game to keep those older Toshiba's up n running... For people who are not really looking for 4dtv and need a good mover for large antennas, I think the Toshiba is still a very good option, but you can not program everything without a remote...
So all of this data and the results will help make this a complete thread that can help others out who stumble upon the same problems. Thanks again for the good leads and links all of you, HB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts