Tracker 8 Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lloyd1232

Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
I have a Tracker8 Plus analog receiver with a Motorola 905 digital sidecar. Also a 10ft dish and a 17 degree LNB. Everything was working fine up until a few weeks ago. I have no problem with the digital pictures nor audio. But when I am watching the analog channels and the scene switches from one to another on the same channel, sparkles and static appear. One scene would be clear and when it switches to another scene, the sparkles and static appear. This happens on all satellites and all channels. Any suggestions?

Twice a year, in the Spring and the Fall (normally March & October), sun outages occur. They occur when the sun is directly behind the satellite the dish is tuned to. The dish picks up more noise from the sun because the sun radiates all frequencies. Essentially, the sun overpowers the satellite signal. All satellites suffer the same problem, but at different times of the day, due to their orbital positions. It varies from one location to another when a particular satellite's programming goes out. For example Alaska may see these problems until mid October, where as Hawaii could see these problems only until October 5.

When the sun outage does occur, the picture will fade to nothing for about 5 minutes. It will gradually decay to a total out, then slowly come back. The whole process takes about 30 minutes, during such time only the reception will be affected, there is no permanent damage. Nothing can be done about this. Predictions say that these outages will be occurring late February through mid-March this spring.

Also, when was the last time you checked or replaced your servo? It never hurts to have an extra one around and to keep an eye on it. Depending on the age I would recommend upgrading that 17d LNB to a digital approved/ready 15d LNB for even better reception; and if you are a SERIOUS hobbyist go for the high-stability models.

Lloyd1232 said:
I have a Tracker8 Plus analog receiver with a Motorola 905 digital sidecar. Also a 10ft dish and a 17 degree LNB. Everything was working fine up until a few weeks ago. I have no problem with the digital pictures nor audio. But when I am watching the analog channels and the scene switches from one to another on the same channel, sparkles and static appear. One scene would be clear and when it switches to another scene, the sparkles and static appear. This happens on all satellites and all channels. Any suggestions?
Sounds like your analog receiver may having problem, if you know how to check the power supply, look for bad caps.

I agree wit SK sounds like bad capacitors. HTS was good but they didn't last forever, about 7-10 years on the good receivers, on the cheaper "C" band receivers like Uniden 3-5 years.

boba said:
I agree wit SK sounds like bad capacitors. HTS was good but they didn't last forever, about 7-10 years on the good receivers, on the cheaper "C" band receivers like Uniden 3-5 years.
I hooked up my uniden ust 4200 at my dish yesterday and it seemed to work fine... was going to hook up in house but I must have bad cable... this Receiver is at least 10 years old...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts