Tracker Mount

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pepaw

Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Oklahoma
does anyone know about a Tracker Mount Dish mover? I cant get mine to count the satellite moves , I can move the dish with it but it gives me a warning that I have reached the limits but the counter never moves. I need help on the wiring HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I am going mad :mad:

:welcome to the group

is it a receiver a v-box ?? which can't receive the count

usually an error message it can be several things
1) bad wire connection check connections at both ends ( also can give error message when it doesn't get a signal so it could be bad wire)
2) wired up wrong
3) bad sensor
4) actuator jamed
5) dish flop

thanks I have been reading all of the blogs from this site decided to join and have someone to chat about my BUD wife hates me talking about it any way it is a 920 reciever new install with all new wiring, but I dont know how to wire up the sensor and board it was disconnected when I got it and I found out the power supply was out on the anolog box,

do you think your sensor is bad ?

did you try a different wire and see if it works ?

depends on the motor i know skyvision sells some but they tend to be a bit higher. most sensors can be found in the $12-$15 range.

post back with make model # and pictures and we will try to locate a source for your sensor.

I dont have a model # I know it is a tracker mount here is a pic of it and pic's of the sensor and the mag wheel, I put an ohm meter on it and ran the magnets across it and did not get a reading O

Attachments

• Tracker Mount.jpg
    Tracker Mount.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Tracker Mount 007.jpg
    Tracker Mount 007.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Tracker Mount 006.jpg
    Tracker Mount 006.jpg
    835.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Tracker Mount 004.jpg
    Tracker Mount 004.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Tracker Mount 002.jpg
    Tracker Mount 002.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Tracker Mount 001.jpg
    Tracker Mount 001.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 138
That the same mount, that I put a 1.2 meter dish on, with some fab work, an mine had a pot to count not a reed. not a bad H to H mount. check picture out.

now you may try this take the sensor an tap on the end of, some times when the sit for years this may bring life back in it, then retest it with a ohm meter.

I believe Sky Vision has that sensor, or it you have any other type you can just zip tie it in place till you get the right 1 to replace it.

Attachments

• satellitepictures 007.jpg
    satellitepictures 007.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 143
  • satellitepictures 005.jpg
    satellitepictures 005.jpg
    831.2 KB · Views: 128
Hey Captain, can you tell me if that is what you are calling a pot on the printed circuit board? and will it count the dish movement by itself? and if I wire it up with 2 wires as if it was a mag switch?

Hey Captain, can you tell me if that is what you are calling a pot on the printed circuit board? and will it count the dish movement by itself? and if I wire it up with 2 wires as if it was a mag switch?

I will try my best Pepaw.

A potentiometer referred to as a "pot" was the way older satellite receiver use to count their position, from sat to sat, an a "pot" will NOT work with newer style receivers most of the pots took 10 turns from stop to stop, with a value of 1k to 10k. lot of company's did it this way, like Birdview, Channel Master, HTS, an so on. an where gear driven by small gears like is on you'rs. mine here had that system an those gears where broke so just remade all that you see from spare parts.

now a dimmer switch in you're home on a light also is a potentiometer, as well as a volume knob on a old radio or tv.

now my circuit board use to look just like you'rs to the T, (maybe 20 years ago) those terminal strips where all rusty an in very bad shape so remove all an started fresh. now if you're asking about those black & red things on the board they are mirco switches that I use (you'rs has same type of switch with the metal bars on them) as a east an west limit, because with that mount you can drive you're dish all the way over in to the pole an damage the dish.

an you're mount is in NICE shape, I am down in South Fl an the weather with salt air an the hot sun will cook anything here, just give it time.

now I am not joking about hitting that reed switch have seen it work several times on 1s that have been sitting around, but if its hook up wrong with voltage or lighting, nothing will help DOA.

hope I cover all what you asked for Pepaw. an by the way here is a picture of the aluminium cover that I built for it, an the cover is in 3 peices, it has 3 bolts that hold it on the mount, an 4 bolts hold the face plate on with a weather stip to seal all up.

Attachments

• satellitepictures 020.jpg
    satellitepictures 020.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 132
  • satellitepictures 021.jpg
    satellitepictures 021.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 119
thanks captain I understand just more junk to remove LOL, well I need to find a switch I have tried hitting it I got mad and threww it at my dog now he is mad at me thanks for the information I have it on G 1 and have stars for now until I find every thing , Oh I have the original cover for this one, I have 2 of these mounts the othere one has no electronics on it

thanks captain I understand just more junk to remove LOL, well I need to find a switch I have tried hitting it I got mad and threww it at my dog now he is mad at me thanks for the information I have it on G 1 and have stars for now until I find every thing , Oh I have the original cover for this one, I have 2 of these mounts the othere one has no electronics on it

If you have any extra actuators that have a reed switch in them you could rob an retro fit with a zip tie or 2 will also work. an if you can't find 1 I may have 1 here some where would need to some looking.

now this is my only mount of this style, if you ever want to get rid of 1 of those get in touch with me would like it for spare parts, for mine here.

an sham on you for throwing it at you're dog, my youngest dog would think that you where playing with him, but he young an dummmmmb like in real dumb, but he a good dog, we took him in when was about 4-months an we where his 4th home that should tell you some thing. wife has a soft heart with animals.

Tracker

I dont have any more electronics, the other mount is going to my lake house (sorry) but if I run across another one like them I will think of you I am supposed to go pick up 3 more dish's and mount's that where given to me I dont know what they are yet but you are on top of my list, Your wife likes dogs now then I can help you there I have 9 puppys to give away I dont need 12 dogs LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts